PDA

View Full Version : ADR Questions

fanofdisney
01-22-2008, 12:10 PM
We are going to be traveling with a large group in Oct. 5 of us will be staying on grounds and the other 6 will be staying off property. I will be staying on property with my family and am the official planner for the group so I am making the ADR's. My question is can I make the ADR's for our whole group 180 days out for the 8 days we will be there or do I need to call every morning since 6 of them are not at a Disney resort? I really hope this question made sense:confused:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-22-2008, 01:58 PM
We typically make our reservations for our group even when we are traveling with others. You typically don't have to provide anything but the number in your party. You should be ok to make it for your party. You should definitely call ahead if you want to eat at Lecellier, the castle, or any other hard to get ADR's for sure. You can also make them for the Fantasmic package but a few of these places require a hold on your credit card, but you can put your entire party on one. It, of course will not be charged unless you do not show. Have a great time!!!

Strmchsr
01-22-2008, 01:59 PM
If you are all eating together then the person staying on property can make the reservations 180 days out for the length of stay for everyone. If various parts of your group are eating different places at different times the system might not allow you to make all the ADRs as they try to block ADRs from overlapping. So, someone else from the group in a different room, or the off site folks, would have to make a separate ADR for that occasion.

#1donaldfan
01-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't think you'll have a problem, as long as everyone has their respective tickets to gain entry to each park. :mickey:

fanofdisney
01-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for your help. That's good news:woohoo:

dteed
01-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes you can, it makes no difference how many are on sight. I am not sure if any are on sight.

Jared
01-24-2008, 05:22 PM
If you are all eating together then the person staying on property can make the reservations 180 days out for the length of stay for everyone. If various parts of your group are eating different places at different times the system might not allow you to make all the ADRs as they try to block ADRs from overlapping. So, someone else from the group in a different room, or the off site folks, would have to make a separate ADR for that occasion.
Chris put it well. If everybody is eating together, you can make all the reservations at once, even though some of your group is staying off-site. You'll only face a problem if you try to book two meals for the same time slot. The computer system will not let you make overlapping reservations. In that case, someone from a different room or staying off-site would have to call himself.

irish1967
01-25-2008, 06:46 PM
On several occassions, I have made ADRs 180 days out and have included 5 extra people (family that lives in the Orlando area) As long as you are all eating together at the same restaurant, it shouldn't be a problem.

Something you should be aware of - many Disney restaurants are not set up to handle larger parties. You may end up being at separate tables (for our July trip, 3 of the 4 restaurants we are dining at have us at 2 tables. In fact, at one of the restaurants, the CM had to make 2 reservations for 6 people - 10 minutes apart) They will not guarantee that the tables will be next to each other. (but we've always been seated at tables next to each other!)

wendy*darling
01-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Once you go over 10 people, you really have to make your ADRs through Group Dining. You still call 407-WDW-DINE, but ask for Group Dining.

They will be able to keep your group close together- and often at the same table. They are pretty good at it, as a matter of fact.

irish1967- sometimes, even though they tell you you have separate ADRs and tables for your group- they can often get you all together if timing and space allow when you check in- so it is still possible.

fanofdisney
01-26-2008, 10:37 AM
I didn't know about group dining. Is there a prompt for this?

wendy*darling
01-26-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't think so, but tell the first CM you speak with and explain you are a group of 11. He/She will tranfer you to Group DIning.