PDA

View Full Version : ADR - just dessert!

TFrauts
01-22-2008, 02:31 AM
I was just wondering if you are allowed to make ADR if you are planning on just having dessert!! We are going the first week in October!(So it probably wont be tooo busy) We will be celebrating my grandparents 63rd Wedding Anniversary! SInce my grandma gets tired easy, I would like to find a nice sit down place to watch Illuminations!! We will be eating at Le Cellier(probably around 6pm), but I thought if there was a nice patio somewhere, I could make an ADR, and we could go and have a treat, while watching Illuminations!! Is this allowed?
Thans, Tiffany

SBETigg
01-22-2008, 06:32 AM
I think you can make an ADR just for dessert, yes. Your problem is that there really isn't a place where you could do it to guarantee eating dessert while viewing Illuminations. The only table service with a view is Rose & Crown, but the patio tables are hard to come by, not available by request but depending on chance at your arrival, and the likelihood of snagging one just for dessert is slim considering most people who want one of those hard-to-get seats plan their meals to coincide with Illuminations timing and probably won't be getting up to leave just as you arrive in time for Illuminations with dessert.

There are two seating areas that have a view. One is the Beer Garden off to the side of Rose & Crown where the R & C sells their beer, and on the other side near the Yorkshire Co. Fish place. The other is Cantina de San Angel in Mexico. It's possible you could bring a quick service dessert to either location to eat it, but again-- you need to plan ahead and seating in these areas is pretty much full two hours or more before the show. Keep in mind that even with lower crowds in general, with the Food and Wine Festival going on that week, World Showcase is usually crowded after seven straight through to Illuminations time.