PDA

View Full Version : AKL vs POFQ

bkahrens
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM
We are thinking of heading back next January for our DD's bday and the lodging is a question. The kids LOVE animals and AKL would certainly be a hit. I had been planning POFQ for the cheaper room rates this time around. Could someone give me some insights about the good and bad of both places. Also, if we were to stay for 5 nights total is it worth it to switch resorts part way through? Help??!??!

moe513
01-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Pofq is small so that has alot of perqs. The pool is great for little ones too. It also has the boats that run to dtd. I think its a great deal for the money.

Bri
01-22-2008, 11:22 AM
We LOVE POFQ! We would be staying there in December if we didn't get a 40% room discount for AKL. Like the previous poster said, it's small and the pool is great for kids. It also has a really fun theme. The boat to DTD is great but you can also get a bus if you want. I would go for POFQ, it's cheaper but still REALLY nice. You can always do dinner or lunch at AKL and see the animals then. Also, in my opinion, I don't think it would be worth it to switch resorts if you are only staying 5 nights. Just as you are getting settled in, you would have to leave again. I would just pick one place and stay there.

AKL Mom
01-23-2008, 12:03 AM
How did you get a 40% discount and what dates is it good for? We are going in December and haven't been able to get any discounts yet. Thanks.