PDA

View Full Version : Where to request room at POP?

deebee29
01-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Getting ready to book soon, where should I request a room for at POP? What is your favorite area? Being close to amenities is important to us and we will be staying in a preferred room. Where would you request?

DANAM
01-21-2008, 09:06 PM
We stayed in the 70's building. We said we wanted to be close to classic hall and close to the parking lot. It's not prefered but it is closer to Classic Hall then some of the prefered rooms. Honestly at the Pop it is hard to have a bad room. It is layed out so much better than All Stars. I would definatly say you want to be close to Classic Hall. Have a good time.

Tink#64
01-22-2008, 12:06 AM
We've stayed in the same building all three stays at Pop. The last 2 x we requested the same building because we really like the location. It is bldg #4, 60's section, behind the giant Play-Do can. We have a view of HourGlass Lake and SSE! If we're at the resort in the evening, from the end of the walkway, we can see some of IllumiNations. This is a really quiet area, away from the pools, but still a preferred location. There are closer bldgs/rooms, but for us - this is the best of both. Fairly close, but also a little away from the pools, nice views & quiet. :cloud9:

AdventurelandTikiGirl
01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
:sleepin: If sleep is important to you, I would recommend asking for a room that is not facing one of the pools. They are really loud, and often the noise lasts into the early morning, even though the pools technically close at 12.

adoptionislove
01-23-2008, 12:14 PM
We had a preferred room to the left of the main pool near the back. It faced the Lake and it was the corner room away from the elevator. It was perfect. Quiet and pretty view.

Disneyatic
01-23-2008, 12:27 PM
We had a preferred room to the left of the main pool near the back. It faced the Lake and it was the corner room away from the elevator. It was perfect. Quiet and pretty view.

This is the exact room that we had on our first stay at POP and we LOVED it!
On our last trip we had a preferred location and were told that we couldn't get this room again because it was no longer in the preferred area :confused: We got stuck in a room at the other end of the building that looked across at other rooms and was not nearly as good. I was so upset.
If we could be guaranteed the water view room again, I would stay at Pop again in a minute!