PDA

View Full Version : what to do?

dreamingofdisney77
01-21-2008, 05:25 PM
My softball team is going to WDW during the week of March 14-March21 .. I'm seventeen, and a jr. and have been captain for 2 years, and because i LOVE disney world my coach has let me help him manage my teams free time around the games that are scheduled. in the 7 days we are there we have 10 games, and one day with no games at all. We also have a 3 day park hopper.. for 2 out of the 3 days on the ticket we will be spending half of a day at any given park 1 in the morning, the other day at night.. and last year when we went we split the free day between 2 parks.. do you think we would get more out of it to just leave 1 park out and not split the day? because a lot of the time you can't get fast passes because the return time is too late if we are there in the morning and we would've left already, and if we go at night they are mostly run out of fast passes.. and therefore with the spring break crowds we spend most of our day on lines and have no time for any other entertainment (shows, stores, parades).. if you think we should leave a park out, which one would you leave out?.. keep in mind that it is a group of sophomores and juniors (no seniors or freshman) in highschool and a couple of girls have never been there before... and which parks would you choose for the half days (1 morning 1 night) and for the whole day if you think that... or if we should split the day which park should we split morning and night on that day?

dteed
01-21-2008, 05:52 PM
I would do an AK morning and MGM evening. We have done baseball tournaments and there was an upgrade option so you could add days to your parkhopper. You should check it out and see if you can do the same thing.

dreamingofdisney77
01-21-2008, 06:31 PM
no, my coach says this trip is "primarily for softball" ..and he won't add another day. Already tried, but thanks :(

Gottaluvgoof
01-21-2008, 06:35 PM
If I had to do this, I would do AK in the a.m., Epcot the p.m. on my split day. Definitely MK for an entire day, especially for the people who have never been. Just my opinion.

Donald
01-21-2008, 07:23 PM
I would check the park schedule. Are there any extra magic hours or late hours? When are the parades? Then I would go from there with scheduling.:mickey:

cfoshe
01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
I would skip AK altogther. I would send all day at MK and do Epcot am and then mgm afternoon.

DreamFinder2
01-21-2008, 11:49 PM
I agree with the idea of looking into Extra Magic Hours at the "evening parks"...whichever those end up being.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/extramagic.asp#March

If you can manage it, spending the extra hours at Magic Kingdom in the evening is REALLY fun, especially if you're there with a bunch of friends...nothing better than the MK until 1am!

As for splitting your day...I'd go ahead and do it. Might as well get a little time at each park instead of having to choose one to throw out.

We'll be there March 15-21, so if we see a softball team, I'll say hello :thumbsup:.

Have fun!

robemcdo
01-22-2008, 09:40 AM
My experience with park hopper passes is that the cost of 3 days is basically the same as 8 days. If you are there for 7 or 8 days. Get the park-hopper pass for all days. I don't think it will cost each player much more that they pay for 3.

Maybe the day you play two games, the MK will be open late? Are you staying onsight?? Even if you only get there for something like Fantasmic, it is worth it...especially if you have some who have never been there!

Switching parks will take about an hour out of your day. Like everyone else I advise, if time is limited, get to the parks when they open, whenever possible. You are going at a busy time, and you'll get the most done during the first few hours of park opening.

Mind you getting teenagers out of bed is easier said than done.

Good luck with the baseball and have fun