PDA

View Full Version : Country Bears Jamboree

Septbride2002
01-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I've never done this show - as we both have very little interest. However I'm wondering if my almost 2 year old would enjoy it. how long is it? And can she sit on the floor and dance around like playhouse disney? Or is more like phillarmagic?

~Amanda

DisFan01
01-21-2008, 02:56 PM
I'd say it's about 15-20 minutes. It is pretty boring, and the seats are pretty uncomfortable.

At least it's air conditioned! :thumbsup:

irish1967
01-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Both my children enjoyed it as toddlers.

It is a fun, little show - not on our must do list anymore (my little boys are now 10 and 8) but, if we are waiting for a fastpass window to open up for BTMRR or Splash Mountain, we'll stop by.

It is a sit-down and watch show, performed by bears.

DANAM
01-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Skip it!!! We did it in May with a 3 year old and a 5 year old. My son talked most of the way threw it. Not impressed at all.
He was really enjoying the mini parade that goes on a couple of time during the day right in front of the place. He would have much rathered to watch this then the Jamboree! If you ask me it is a better show. Unfortuntly I can not think what they call it. Jessie, bullseye, and buzz are out there. I don't think it is a parade per say because it is only in Frontierland. I am sure someone will know what it is called.

broadway_chick72
01-21-2008, 06:40 PM
I would see it just to say that you have been to the Country Bear Jamboree. It is a classic Disney show. I still enjoy it. It's much better and entertaining than something like the Hall of Presidents.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-22-2008, 11:27 AM
I hope you are asking for personal opinions, as my opinion does not necessarily count for much! I would skip it. Forever. Not only did DH and I find it boring, we could only hear about 1/4 of the songs. The sound quality in the room is just terrible. We literally understood about 1 in 15 words. The little kids were bored, talking and antsy. Skip it! :secret:

Karen

Main Street Jim
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
It's a cute country-music type show with 23 singin', dancin' bears and assorted riff-raff, and runs oh, I dounno, about 17.45 minutes ;) It's bench-type seating (not wooden as someone else mentioned) with *somewhat* of a cushion/covering, but there isn't really any place to "get up and dance" like PD:LoS!. It'll certainly tickle ya if ya like the country-type humor..."Momma, don't whup lil' Buford...Momma, don't pound on his head..."....LOLOL...this attraction was also one of the last that Walt personally oversaw before his passing in 1966.

DANAM is referring to Woody's Round-Up, which is a character-type "show" in the streets of Frontierland. No Buzz (he's defending the Galaxy out in Tomorrowland's Sector 9 :)).

Amanda...just remember...you know your child(ren) best. And only you'll know what they enjoy and what they don't. My kids - now 18, 16, and 10 1/2 - *always* wanted to see CBJ, and my oldest starting coming here when she was about 3 months.

katzctkpt
01-23-2008, 12:49 PM
It most definately needs an update. The sound is very bad. But, if you have never seen this little show you must try it at least once to say you've seen it. Who knows it may disappear like the leagues under the sea did.

Polynesian Dweller
01-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Its like anything at Disney, it works for some people (like us) and not for others. Both opinions are going to be accurate depending on how things appeal to you. That's one of the great things about Disney, there's something for all tastes.

I echo Main Street Jim on this one, and frankly every other attraction, you really have to try something once to see whether it suits you and your family or not.

For what its worth, our family has always enjoyed it though as others say it needs a refurb of the sound system.

Altair
01-23-2008, 04:17 PM
We were there early this month and the sound was fine. Being able to hear the words to the songs does help this attraction greatly.:mickey:

Greenlawler
01-25-2008, 12:54 AM
Well I have to qualify this...Our family is from Nashville, so we love it and I enjoy trying to guess which country music stars of the past the bears are emulating.
I also treasure it as a part of Disneys' past that has remained unchanged for the most part. Too many of the classics are done away with, each time one is removed a little bit of my chidhood goes with it. I remember when it was a big time attraction with its own gift shop (now part of Pecos Bill's) with the talking animal heads on the wall in the gift shop.
My kids love it still today, and I do not think our trip would be complete without a little "Momma Don't whoop Little Buford".
I do however understand those who complain about it being a glorified Chuckie Cheese, but hey we all have attractions that others love that we don't care for.

RhodeHog
01-25-2008, 01:16 AM
It is certainly one of those that I think one should see just to say they have seen it (and the history--Walt loved it). It is cutesy and I love the "Blood on the Saddle" song.

I've seen it a lot and really prefer to take the kids to see it while I doze off in the COLD A/C and mostly dark room.

prttynpnk
01-25-2008, 09:41 AM
I would see it just to say that you have been to the Country Bear Jamboree. It is a classic Disney show. I still enjoy it. It's much better and entertaining than something like the Hall of Presidents.

I think the Hall of Presidents could use more bears in it! ;)