PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas- Disney Character Outlet Store...worth it?

RoosMomKanga
01-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this:confused:....
My DH is in Las Vegas all week on business and while researching our WDW trip I ran across the fact that there's a "Disney Character Outlet Store" just 2 miles South of the Strip (he'd have to grab a cab). Anyone been there...is it worth sending him? If so, what kinds of things have you bought there? He's a non-shopper, so some ideas would be great (I'm sure it turns over a lot, but a general idea would be good). Our kids are older DD-20, DS-17, DS-12, so clothes and maybe playsets for the youngest would be what I'm looking for? Thanks!

ChipDale2708
01-22-2008, 02:00 PM
We stopped in there once a year or so ago and weren't overly impressed with the selection. If you are looking for WDW merchandise there wasn't any - it was all DL. Seemed like most of the clothing was Disney Land as well. I didn't see a lot of generic (no park reference) character clothing. We also could have hit it at a bad time. Never know w/ outlets.

RoosMomKanga
01-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks...he went before I could talk to him again. Let's just say the "0" things he bought weren't worth the cab fare! He couldn't even find a decent shirt without a hole or frayed edge...definately seconds!:ack:

Dracula766
01-22-2008, 07:35 PM
I was there a few weeks ago and we spent about $200 (including a 10% discount :D)

Yes, most of the stuff is from Disneyland. I found great deals on a few books and the pins were actually marked down not like the orlando Character Warehouse. They had alot of nice collectibles at good prices too.

I think the best thing that I bought is a Nightmare Before Xmas Scary Teddy hat, kinda like the Stitch hat where he's biting your head. I don't see it online anywhere so I'll have to post a pic when I get a chance. :thumbsup: