PDA

View Full Version : Crowds for April?

Septbride2002
01-21-2008, 02:32 PM
I've never gone anytime except Value season - so this will be a first for us. We are going April 13th through 18 - we'll avoid the weekends and I figure this is almost a month after Easter - do you think it will be very crowded?

~Amanda

pogo
01-21-2008, 02:55 PM
I think you've picked a very nice time to be there. :thumbsup:

We like to be there for our anniversary on April 20th and although I think it has been getting busier each year, the crowds are not real big.

Go and enjoy yourself ! :D

davidrea
01-21-2008, 04:15 PM
I know that parts of the country are on spring break in April, but not sure times of the month. We are going the 23-28th. From the research I"ve done I expect there to be an average crowd. We are planning accordingly to miss the busy times of the days, etc., but I expect you should be ok during your stay - especially missing the weekend. We did get lucky and had an amazing Sunday though as I guess many were leaving.

yemmer
01-21-2008, 06:46 PM
We are on spring break the week of April 19th in New York and will be heading down to Disney. I hope we are one of the few states that have off that week>

c&d
01-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Massachusetts is on April vacation the week of 21st - 25th.

Bringonthemouse!
01-23-2008, 09:57 AM
We went April 21 to 29 in 2006 and we found it to be less crowded than our recent trip (Dec.6th to 17, 07). In 2006 Easter was very late, we missed it by one week and the crowds were very manageable. I think it is a great time to go.

MOJoe
01-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Our Spring Break, in Southeast MO, is the same week. We will be at ASMu from the 12th to the 19th. And like you, i'm hoping that the crowds won't be too bad. But more than that, i hope the weather is "perfect"!

Tinkerfreak
01-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Massachusetts is on April vacation the week of 21st - 25th.

Maine is on break this same week.

tys_mommy
01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
From reading this thread, do you all mean that the entire state closes a schools at the same time? Interesting. I think here we do it county by county, even in my county our public and private schools have spring break during different weeks.

Imagineer1981
01-23-2008, 02:41 PM
April was bad last time I went...very crowded

Tinkerfreak
01-24-2008, 09:17 AM
From reading this thread, do you all mean that the entire state closes a schools at the same time? Interesting. I think here we do it county by county, even in my county our public and private schools have spring break during different weeks.

As far as I know all of the schools here in Maine have the same Feb. and April breaks. They don't all have the same misc. days off for things like staff development and conferences but I have never known any schools here to have a different week off than the rest of the schools.

Kerry823
01-24-2008, 09:29 AM
We have gone this comparable week for the past several years. It is the school break for many NY schools. Sometimes, it has included Easter. When that happened, it was extremely crowded. That being said, generally, even without Easter included in the time frame, it is quite busy and crowded but not unbearable. The only time for us that it was unbearable was a Monday after Easter Sunday and that was only the MK. We left and went to Epcot and that was fine. Have fun!

jaredkari
01-24-2008, 09:46 AM
My wife and I went a few years ago right at the end of April into May. Actually we were there just as the Happiest Celebration on Earth began. The parks were great during the first three days of our visit but at the celebration neared it got more crowded. But actually I feel it was less crowded during that trip at the end of April then during our most recent trip just a few weeks ago during the second week of January?? So I guess my only advice is be prepared for anything, the guide books and websites may say it is not a busy time but then you arrive and it is packed (which is what happened to us). Just remember to look at it this way, a day at WDW is better than a day anywhere else, I am sure you will have fun :mickey:

sillyolbear
01-24-2008, 01:56 PM
I may be wrong, but it seems like the early Easter has made Spring breaks a little more spread out this year.

We've been in late April the past two years and will be at WDW the 27h through the 30th this year. Past crowds have been moderate but certainly manageable. Hope this year is the same.

Hull-onian
01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
I've never gone anytime except Value season - so this will be a first for us. We are going April 13th through 18 - we'll avoid the weekends and I figure this is almost a month after Easter - do you think it will be very crowded?
Well, Easter is early this year. It is Sunday, March 23rd. We have in the MK during Easter :ebasket: and you really couldn't move up or down Main Street. This year, we are going Wednesday, April 16th, which means I have to pull the kids out of school :write: for three days. I feel a little guilty :blush:. But on the other hand, I had to save :spend: on air fare. So I think that this time period is not too bad.:thumbsup:

Stormer
01-24-2008, 07:31 PM
We are going the same week. I am also hoping the crowds won't be as bad becasue it is so far after Easter. Here in NY all public schools do get off the same week.

iloveupstateny
01-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Our upstate NY public school spring break is April 11-18. We will be at Disney on April 9 until the 17th, taking the kids out of school 2 days. Our spring break is almost always Easter week but since its not this year we are giving Disney a go :mickey:

I do recall reading that many schools in Britain have 2 weeks off in APril so I think we can expect a lot of Brits there. Hopefully moderate but managable crowds overall and beautiful weather :sun:

Jen