PDA

View Full Version : Height restriction on Splash Mountain

Verolovesdisney
01-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Hello, just had a look at screamscape and apperently the LA times is reporting that the height restriction for Splash Mountain at DL will be moved up to 60 inches!! There is an obvious difference in the "log" set-up for both rides, but let's keep our fingers crossed that the same does not happen at MK!

Richard

----------------------------------------------

Mar - 1976 - off site
Sept - 1999 - ASMovies (Honeymoon)
Jan - 2001 - ASMusic
Sep - 2004 - Pop Century
Feb - 2006 - Disneyland
Feb - 2008 - Pop Century

BMan62
01-21-2008, 01:00 PM
The actual change, as I heard it, is 60" for front row only. The height restriction is unchanged for the rest of the log.

DisFan01
01-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Wow! That's a pretty big change. Yeah, I hope the same doesn't happen at MK...people have been fine/safe with the height it is now.

:fingers:

DisFan01
01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
The actual change, as I heard it, is 60" for front row only. The height restriction is unchanged for the rest of the log.

Well, I wounder why they would change it now?

Hmmmmmm...

Mufasa
01-21-2008, 01:30 PM
It is a temporary height change that affects the front seat of the DLR logs only.

The design of the logs is different at DLR compared to WDW. At DLR, riders sit in-line, front to back (more like a traditional log flume ride) and there are dividers that separate each rider, except for the front row seat.

When a child sits in the front seat, sometimes they may duck their head on the main drop and because there is not a divider in front of them to brace against they may injure themselves by sliding forward and hitting themselves on the front part of the log (picture hitting the dashboard of your car with your head) or worse, they may slide underneath and into the front part of the log itself and get injured that way.

The 60 inch height for front seat passengers is a temporary measure for now until the design of the logs can be evaluated to protect front seat passengers from injury.

If a child wants to sit towards the front of the log, the CMs loading the attraction can essentially move the group 1 row back, leaving the front seat empty and a child can still sit in the front of the group.

TheRustyScupper
01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
1) Completely forgot that DL was a Flume vs Boat ride.
2) Can see where this has a potential for disaster.

DisFan01
01-21-2008, 04:05 PM
I've never been to Disneyland, so I wouldn't know anyways.

Melanie
01-23-2008, 07:10 AM
When a child sits in the front seat, sometimes they may duck their head on the main drop and because there is not a divider in front of them to brace against they may injure themselves by sliding forward and hitting themselves on the front part of the log (picture hitting the dashboard of your car with your head) or worse, they may slide underneath and into the front part of the log itself and get injured that way.

Oy. Both my boys have been in this situation, way before they were close to 60 inches. :unsure:

#1donaldfan
01-30-2008, 01:37 PM
good to hear...I'd hate to see DW changed to that, it would kill my DD.......