PDA

View Full Version : What area at the Poly is best?

rj
01-21-2008, 11:05 AM
We are going to Poly in less than 2 weeks. Is it worth requesting a certain area for our room?

illini
01-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Google "tikiman steve" for lots of good information on the Poly buildings.

Personally, I think it's worth it. We requested, and received, Tokelau. It was a very quick walk to the GCH, and just a few minutes to the TTC. We spent a lot of time at Epcot, so it was great being so close to the Epcot monorail. Some buildings on the other side would be enough of a hike that I'd probably skip walking and take the monorail to the TTC, which would add quite a bit of time to the journey.

Depends on what you're looking for. I think each building has its benefits and advocates. It all comes down to what is important to you personally.

IloveDisney71
01-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Other posters may have more experience at the Poly, but we stayed there for the first time in December. We paid for a garden view room but didn't request a certain building. We were assigned rooms in the Tokelou (sp?) longhouse. Our room faced the smaller, quiet pool. We were a short walk(not even 5 minutes) to the Main Ceremonial House (where the restuarants, lobby, and monorail stop are located). We were also only about a minute or two walk away from the bus stop. We were about a five minute walk from the ticket and transportation center. We walked there when we wanted to go to Epcot so we didn't have to ride the monorail all the way around the monorail loop to get to the TTC.
We loved our location and would probably request that longhouse again if we ever stay there again.
It's a beautiful resort! You'll love it!!!:lei::papple:
Make sure you try the tonga toast and a Lapu Lapu - both were yummy!!!

Polynesian Dweller
01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
You haven't indicated whether you have a garden view or lagoon view reservation and it makes a difference in the recommendation.

If garden view, then definitely the Tokelau building. Its centrally located and garden views that do let you catch a glimpse of the lagoon and the fireworks.

If lagoon or MK view then Tahiti. Ragardless, it is worth making the request and you want to be on the east side of the property away from the luau. It can be quite noisy when that is going on.

Also, as others say, check out tikiman for great info on the Poly.

LudwigVonDrake
01-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I stayed at Tokelau this past summer and didn't have any problems :tikki: Make sure you eat at Kona Cafe and 'Ohana! :eat:

rj
01-21-2008, 01:49 PM
You haven't indicated whether you have a garden view or lagoon view reservation and it makes a difference in the recommendation.

We have a garden view.

We do have ADRs at Kona Cafe for Dinner and Breakfast and Ohana for Dinner.

Thanks for the info.

splashtest
01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Personally I like Samoa. It is right in the middle of the quiet pool and the Volcano pool. Short walk to the ceremonial house, and short walk to the bus stops. The beach is also a 30 second walk.

mickeefan
01-23-2008, 09:05 PM
We like Samoa for the same reasons. We have stayed there several times and always liked it.

mickeefan
01-23-2008, 09:13 PM
We like Samoa for the same reasons. We have stayed there several times and always liked it.
While at Kona try their desert, Kilarea torte.
It's a liquid chocolate filled brownie in the shape of a volcano.
It rocks.

rj
01-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the help. 6 days to go!

LudwigVonDrake
01-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the help. 6 days to go!

Have a great trip!! :tink:

Pinoke68
01-26-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't know if you will be driving a car or not, but if you are, consider Rapa Nui. It is the only building with it's own parking area and it is very uncongested (unlike the main parking area) and parking spaces are plentiful. It's also a very short 5 minute walk to the TTC and the monorail to Epcot.

It's not centrally located, but the walk to the GCH, restaurants, main pool, etc. is less than 10 minutes. Oh, and it's very quiet and peaceful due to it's location as well.

Either way, you will have a great time. You picked a great resort.