PDA

View Full Version : Complaints not heard

robemcdo
01-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Hello: I visited two weeks and I had a major complaint that I wanted to voice to WDW. I was given an email address when I left Disney, and I sent my concerns when I got home One week later I resent my concerns to the email address

I also went to an online forum on the Disney website and submitted it through that method.

I received two auto-responses from my emails stating that they had received them, but I've never had any actual response to my concerns. I left email, phone and home address.

Is this normal protocol for disney, or am I not being patient enough. It's been 3 weeks

Any suggestions?

wendy*darling
01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
When I have sent general comments, complaints, concerns to WDW- either by email or mailed letter- it has often taken a month or so to get a reposnse. The response is almost always in the form of a phone call.

But, when I have had a major issue during a stay, I always go right to the manager in charge while I am still there.
In the resorts- there is usually a manager over several resorts. They have always responded fairly quickly (maybe within the week- or even within 24 hours if I am still on vacation).

Depending on what type of concern you have, I expect you will hear something in another week or 2.

prprincess
01-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Definitely give them about a month or a month and a half to get back to you. I sent in a comment via email once and it took them about that long to get back to me. But I did receive a phonecall, and was very appreciative.

Main Street Jim
01-21-2008, 12:15 PM
If it was an immediate complaint about a Cast Member or service while you were there, I would recommend getting in touch with an immediate supervisor/manager while you're there. You can then make an in-person statement, and then follow that up with an e-mail or phone call from you to the appropriate area(s).

Otherwise, after you get home, it's not really that fresh in your mind, or the incident in question to the Cast Member(s)/supervisors.

So, as what the others have said, it may take a month or more for them to respond back to you.

MickeyMousse
01-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Once I had a complaint regarding a bellman at YC. I wrote a letter and sent it vis certified mail directly to the manager of the YC. I received my return receipt within a week and a letter from the manager about 3 weeks later.

But that was before email. :old:

robemcdo
01-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks to all for their responses...I'll sit tight for a few weeks more!

Ian
01-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I've never had it take them more than 5-7 days to get back to me when I sent complaints.

I'm wondering ... depending on how "major" major is ... maybe they feel the need to do some investigating before they contact you back.

I know in the past when they've gotten in touch with me, you could tell they had done their research because they were quite detailed in terms of the information they had.

On a related note ... I've always found it odd than when I go to Guest Relations to lodge a complaint, they just hand me a card with an email address on it. Makes me feel like they really care. :shake:

brownie
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Be patient, it can take a month or more to hear back from them.