PDA

View Full Version : Restocking Nintendo DS?

DisneyDog
01-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Anyone know what the story is with Nintendo DS being out of stock everywhere? We would love to get one for our son. We thought that, by now, the stores would have them restocked after Christmas. But you still can't buy them anywhere, even online. I thought maybe someone here might be "in the know."

Thanks!

Jill

CzepielCrew
01-21-2008, 11:44 AM
We recently purchased 2 at Sears for our boys. I would try places like that and not electronic stores who probably have waiting lists.

medic9016
01-21-2008, 11:46 AM
See if you have a Game Stop in your area. They may have them. We were in one in Mississippi yesterday and the had a ton of them. Also look on ebay express.

DisneyDog
01-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Just checked Sears online. They are out of stock. There is a Game Stop near us and they said they are out of them as well. We've tried Target, Kmart, Wallmart and ToysRus. Also, Amazon and ebay.

tinkerbell04
01-21-2008, 02:19 PM
We had the same problem. Our DD asked for one for her birthday which was the 14th of this month. We checked 3 Game Stops, 2 Game Exchanges, Circuit City, Best Buys, Sams, Target and Sears. We had no luck at any of those stores, so I called Toys R Us and they said that they only had them in pink, which worked for us. We really had a tough time. We thought for sure that the stores would have restocked by now too! I would suggest just calling places and seeing if they get any in. Good luck, as I said, I feel your pain!:mickey:

DisneyDog
01-21-2008, 02:30 PM
We did find a pink one when we first started looking, but I don't think my son would appreciate that.:( I just called a few Radio Shacks, and they didn't have them either. I think we're just going to have to wait. Luckily, there are no special occasions coming up. DH just wanted to buy it for him because he thought he'd like it.

DisneyLandMomma
01-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Wow...I'm surprised everyone is having such a hard time finding them now. We got our DD9 one for Christmas and had a hard time finding one. Now everywhere I go, I'm still in the habit of looking out for them and they are everywhere around here.

I hope you are able to find one soon!! :)

Catzle
01-21-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm with you! Can't find them anywhere and I have been everywhere. Everyone says they haven't been in since Christmas and they all say we have no idea when they will. I call about every other day about 6 or 7 places and all keep saying we haven't heard anything. You can get them on EBay but I REFUSE to pay those kind of prices!

DisneyDog
01-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Last night we accidentally bid on a used one on ebay (thought it was new) so we retracted our bid. Then we were watching the bidding on a new one. It started at $130, and 5 minutes later, when the bidding was finished, it topped out at close to $170. Glad we didnt' get in the middle of that!