PDA

View Full Version : DIning Plan Gratuities Included at some Restaurants?

ramftbl
01-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Hello All !!! I just booked my restaurants for a June trip. I'm on the Disney Dining plan, and the operator stated that " the Mama Melrose Fantasmic package, O'hana's Dinner and Ragland Road dinners are all with Gratuities included". I was somewhat puzzled as to why ? I certainly am not complaining, but can anyone shed some light on this? Was the operator in error or am I just lucky ? thanks to all who respond !!!

vamaggie
01-21-2008, 09:43 AM
How many are in your party? I know they add to large (>6 I think)parties. other than that, I don't know. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along.

karenrarintogo
01-21-2008, 10:48 AM
I noticed this too, and wondered. I changed my ADR at Ohana's last week from 4 people to 6, and was told gratuities would be included.
This wasn't said when I made prior reservations for 4. Didn't it used to be added with parties of 8 or more? :confused::confused:

karenrarintogo
01-21-2008, 10:50 AM
....however, I am NOT on the Disney Dining Plan. I would be surprised if gratuities WERE included with the Dining Plan.

karenrarintogo
01-21-2008, 10:59 AM
One more stab at this! Maybe the bill will tell what the gratuity SHOULD be on the menu for 6 or more people on the Dining Plan--so you will tip "appropriately". A little help and a big hint for the arithmetically challenged? :confused:

ramftbl
01-22-2008, 06:16 PM
For all parties of 6 or more , gratuities will automatically be ADDED to the bill, not included in the price. The info that Disney Dining gave me left the impression that I wouldn't have to leave the gratuity like last year, with the 2007Disney Dining plan. I got this info directly from DVC. Be aware !!!