PDA

View Full Version : Top Attractions/Shows for Non-Thrill Riders

aimeewvdisney
01-21-2008, 08:49 AM
I would love to have a list of rides/shows that aren't to "rollercoasterish"(or at least VERY mild) from each park. I get ill on rides easily. Maybe the better question would be what are the rides at each park that I'd want to steer clear of? I can usually handle the kids rides without problems. I just can't do big drops or anything upside down. [FONT="Palatino Linotype"]

CleveSJM
01-21-2008, 10:29 AM
You're right, the better question is what to avoid. There aren't too many rollercoaster type rides at WDW. For my list, I'll assume you are ok with simulator type rides that just move you around a bit like Star Tours.

Avoid:
MK - Thunder Mtn, Space Mtn, and Splash Mtn
AK - Avoid Expedition:Everest and maybe Dinosaur. No hills or upside down but pretty shaky ride. Like an off-road SUV...
Epcot - Maelstrom in Norway is about it. Soar'n and Test Track are pretty mild. No drops, just a little bit of heights and speed. Stick to the Green (or easy) Mission Space and you'll be fine with that one too (simulator).
DHS (former MGM) - Rock and Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

That's about it other than the water slides at some of the water parks. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, Welcome to Intercot!!!

IloveDisney71
01-21-2008, 10:59 AM
The previous poster's list of what to avoid is exactly what I would have told you.

Here are some shows that you should make time to see (in my opinion): :mickey:
AK - The Festival of the Lion King is amazing, Finding Nemo - the puppets are unique
Disney Studios - Fantasmic is my FAVORITE, Indiana Jones is interesting, Beauty and the Beast is sweet, we also enjoyed the Lights, Motor, Action stunt show
MK - Wishes fireworks - must see, Specto magic parade
Epcot - Illuminations

There is plenty to see and do that does not involve thrill rides. Have a great time!

RoosMomKanga
01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
:ack:I get :sick: VERY easily also. You should know though, the ones I avoid most now are actually more the motion sickness ones (simulators, spinning) and tiny kiddie type coasters/drops like Splash, Big Thunder MRR, Maelstrom, Dinosaur (just jarring, not sickning), are fine for me if I just do them 1x (I can even do ToT 1x ea trip- the drop is over so quickly that it doesn't get me sick). This is the list my DH will be doing by himself this trip:
AK- Haven't done EE yet, but I don't think I will
-Primevil Whirl- no to spinning
Studios- RnRC, did this 1x, but won't again
-Star Tours- gak:ack:
EC- Mission Space- haven't read up yet on the new milder version...maybe
-Soarin'- Haven't done yet, but I'll give this a try and just close my eyes if it starts to get to me
-I have to be careful in the 360º surround movies (France, China) I lean on the rail and close my eyes on the fast parts.
MK- Teacups-no way, I'd be sick for hours!:sick: