PDA

View Full Version : Fit Flops?

Here we go again...
01-20-2008, 10:37 PM
I bought some crocs flip flops and just did not find them comfortable. I know everyone in the world loves those things, but they bother my feet and knees.

I bought some Fit Flops the other day and they seem to be much better for me.
It feel like I have my feet in the most comfortable shoes I own with the bonus of looking like flip flops.
And, since the straps go back a little further, they do not flip or flop... they stay on your feet.

Do any of you own Fit Flops?
If so, how do you like them?

So far they seem great as far as comfort goes. They do not bother my knees at all since there is Soooooo much support. They also seem to make me walk "right". Maybe that is why they do not bother my knees like regular flip flops.

I wonder if I will be able to walk in the parks in them or if they will bother my legs too much. They are supposed to work your leg muscles... Lord knows I need the help with the legs, but I will be tired enough in Disney World. I do not want to over do it.

DizneyRox
01-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Since I've made the swap to Teva Sandals, that's all I get. Use them for Florida just about exclusively and never have a problem.

They are comfortable, they offer pretty good support, they allow great airflow to help keep you cool, and dry out like nobody's business. In the Florida summers, that is key!

DisneyDog
01-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I read your post and found it interesting. My DH was at the mall today, and I asked him to pick up a pair of the fit flops for me (even though it's freezing cold out!). I looked at the fit flops web site, and it looks like they could help me with some leg and back pain I've been experiencing. I might start by wearing them while I cook and do things around the house.

So, I tried them on went I went home for lunch. The straps seem a bit big. Are they supposed to fit that way? Other that that, they seem very comfortable.

kakn7294
01-21-2008, 03:45 PM
I never heard of them but I love flip flops so I'll have to check them out. I have a pair of the Capri style Crocs flip flops and I like those (couldn't stand the all-rubber Athens style) but the bottom wore smooth within 2 months. What stores carry the Fit Flops?

DisneyDog
01-21-2008, 03:57 PM
The ones DH got me were from Lady Foot Locker. They are $50/pair.

Here we go again...
01-21-2008, 11:20 PM
I never heard of them but I love flip flops so I'll have to check them out. I have a pair of the Capri style Crocs flip flops and I like those (couldn't stand the all-rubber Athens style) but the bottom wore smooth within 2 months. What stores carry the Fit Flops?
I got mine at Macys in the mall. I had a $15 off coupon and only paid $34 a pair. They are super comfortable. When I walk fast I notice that one shoe seems to turn in a little. I do not know if it is the way the straps are or if I am just walking funky. Hopefully it will straighten up soon. I am wearing them all over the house trying to get a feel for them.

I read your post and found it interesting. My DH was at the mall today, and I asked him to pick up a pair of the fit flops for me (even though it's freezing cold out!). I looked at the fit flops web site, and it looks like they could help me with some leg and back pain I've been experiencing. I might start by wearing them while I cook and do things around the house.

So, I tried them on went I went home for lunch. The straps seem a bit big. Are they supposed to fit that way? Other that that, they seem very comfortable.

I have chubby little feet so the straps are a little snug on me. I am hoping that they stretch out some.

I read some great reviews on the bath and Body works website. They are carrying them and everyone loves them. Maybe go to their website to see if others have problems with loose straps and if it bothers them.

good luck.

DisneyDog
01-22-2008, 11:37 AM
I put them on last night, and I was wrong -- they aren't big. They fit perfectly! I wore them around the house all last night as I was cooking and doing laundry. They felt pretty good. In fact, my leg, which has been bothering me for a month now, feels a slight bit better today. I'm going to keep wearing them around the house so that when summer comes I'll be used to them for outside wear (I'm not a fan of the between the toes flip-flop). The claims made by this company sounded too good to pass up trying.