PDA

View Full Version : linking to a photo site (snapfish)

disneyboy98
01-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Intercot Administrators,

I hope someone on here will be able to help me out with this question because it deals with my upcoming "live" trip reports in March.

Over the past few years, I have been able to link to photosharing websites (Picasa and Yahoo photos/Flickr) to share my vacation pics of WDW on the day that they happen. I have really enjoyed writing these trip reports and having the photos posted and linked from Intercot to bring a bit of "Disney Magic" to those that need it on certain days.

The problem I am noticing now is that these sites are only allowing me to upload a certain number of pictures per day or they have only a limited bit of space devoted to each member (100mb, 300 pictures, etc). However, I almost take a hundred pics a day on vacation and want to share those with the members on Intercot.

After some searching of the next I have noticed that HP (Hewlett Packard) is offering a photosharing site call "Snapfish" where it's members can upload as many pictures as they want to their site. Thus allowing me to back up as many photos as I want and share as many photos as I want.

The one little drawback, that could be a problem, is that the people wanting to view the site will have to sign into my "photosharing space" to see my pictures. I have checked this and HP states that the only thing the user is doing is creating a "sign in" to view my photo albums and nothing more. It is free to login and there is no corresponding between members or interaction of any kind. All they get to do is view my pictures of the day and that is all. It's very much like Flickr or Picass, it just requires the user to sign in to view the photos.

My question is, if I have a link off of my trip reports to view my "photosharing site," will this, in anyway, violate any of Intercots rules about linking to another site?

I would just like to get the approval or disapproval of someone in charge before I go posting a link at the end of my trip reports to another site that requires a login to view the photos.

If you would like to check my section of the Snapfish site where many of my WDW photoalbums have been posted, please click on the following link:

http://brettyoung.snapfish.com/snapfish

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Brett Young