PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Pool

Jeff T
01-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Does the Wilderness Lodge main pool have a "zero entry" section? How deep is the water where the pool slide is located? If anyone has pictures of the Wilderness Lodge main pool, please pass along the link to me. My kids want to see pitures of the slide.

Only 6 months until vacation!

Catzle
01-20-2008, 10:28 AM
No,they do not have a zero entry at the WL. The pools are very nice though. The staff also does games with the kids at the pool. I'm sure someone will send a picture along, I have a bunch just don't know how.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-20-2008, 10:33 AM
If memory serves me correctly, it is 4 feet where the slide drops off at.

SAHDad
01-20-2008, 11:00 AM
It's 4 feet. (We were there last week.) I'm looking over our pictures, but I am not seeing any where the slide is really visible. It's not a fast, steep or long slide - it's enclosed, goes through a couple minor turns, and you pop out. My 4 year old son went through it on his own (and got chewed out by the lifeguard, since he went down face first. I was congratulating him on actually doing it, before getting to the safety tips. Oh well, she meant well.)

mickey&missy
01-20-2008, 01:00 PM
The pool isn't 0 entry but its very nice! The surrounding are beautiful and the geyser going off is very cool!

My kids loved the slide! DS was almost 4 and DD was 5 when we stayed there last in 2006.

At the bottom of the slide the water was deep enough for DH to stand and wait for them to come down.

I'm sure your kids will love it! Have a great trip!

Tink1
01-20-2008, 01:10 PM
We have pictures on our photo gallery.

http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/Resorts/dlx/WLodge/WL.htm

Pool is about 3/4 of the way down the list

Nanc

Figaro
01-20-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm one of the lifeguards at WL. Our pool is 3ft in the shallowest section, and 5ft at deepest. The slide drops off into 3ft 6in water, pretty much 4ft. We don't have a zero entry, but we do have two sets of stairs. The water slide is located, when facing towards the lake, the right side of the pool. The slide is rather "small", but it's still a decent size.

Edit:
After looking at the pictures posted, we no longer have the rope buoys, either.

scootch713
01-25-2008, 05:41 PM
My girls loved the pool(age 4 and 7 at the time) and slide. They do have free lifejackets. YOu just have to sign it out and can keep for your entire stay(dont' have to return each day which was so nice). The water is super warm too. I will look for some pics if you want to pm me your email. My girls absolutely loved it.

rj
01-26-2008, 09:35 AM
No zero entry. The pool is big with a great slide. Our kids loved it.