PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Scrapping for Valentines.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

offwego
02-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi from Will. We are also thinking of being there for the wweekend of the 14th as well. Though that will be our departure weekend.

So where is that lamb at?

dlpmikki
02-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Hi from Will. We are also thinking of being there for the wweekend of the 14th as well. Though that will be our departure weekend.

So where is that lamb at?

It will be our departure weekend too as we wil fly home on the Monday.

The Lamb is still in the fridge awaiting its roasting tomorrow.

Looks like there could be lots of us there that weekend. I was really surprised that it was so easy to add days on to the begining and end of my already booked (in hope) stay at OKW.

OK, so I am off-site for Thanksgiving. What should I do?

Caroleh
02-09-2008, 06:05 PM
You guys are SO tempting me to figure out if we could take a quick trip down there around that time. Do think I can get Gilles to go for it?

offwego
02-09-2008, 06:12 PM
You guys are SO tempting me to figure out if we could take a quick trip down there around that time. Do think I can get Gilles to go for it?

And why not? If you can convince me to consider something remotely connected to sewing anything is possible.

Tink&Goofy
02-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Well, that has been quite succesful so far. I have flights on hold for Nov 19 returning Dec 15.
Wow! I would love to go ANYWHERE for 4 weeks! But there is that small problem called work....

Why is it snowing today? :mad:
It was a BEAUTIFUL day today - at least 50 degrees, and sunny! :sun: My spring bulbs have peeked through the ground. Won't be long now! Do you want to "borrow" our sun?

disneydeb
02-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Wow! I would love to go ANYWHERE for 4 weeks! But there is that small problem called work....

I've an even bigger problem called MONEY!

Is anyone else able to relate to my problem?

mtown71
02-09-2008, 08:40 PM
:hi: Hey everyone!!!!! How are all from the JQ family doing? I truly miss all of you (yikes, even Alex!:jaw:) I wish I could be on here more but work keeps me pretty busy & still have these health issues to deal with. I have been doing some research with my co-workers & I think I may know what is going on. Does anyone know about yeast overgrowth in the body?
I am also trying to find time to bake more. I am being bugged to make more buckeyes but I have to make reese cup brownies with peanut butter frosting for work this week.
Have I missed anything important?

offwego
02-09-2008, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=mtown71;1543111. Does anyone know about yeast overgrowth in the body?[/QUOTE]

yes apparently it has a lot to do with the processed foods (white starches and refined sugars and how they can continue to grow the sugar in our body).

you'll need to look for more whole wheat low sugar options. Please take care of yourself ok?

pjbs35a
02-09-2008, 10:27 PM
What can you add to a story like this ???

Attempt To Hijack Beer Truck Ends Up Drenching West London Street In Booze

Two men attempting to hijack a beer truck in London on Saturday ended up crashing the vehicle only a few hundred yards (meters) away, spilling beer canisters into the street and drenching the road with alcohol.

Police and a witness said two men, one reportedly brandishing a gun, forced their way aboard the truck as it was stopped on a west London street. The driver left the vehicle and the suspects jumped in, speeding off and toppling the truck over as it rounded a corner.

"Everything just poured out of it," said Jags Khokhar, 27, who works at a nearby car garage. "All the cans came out of the top half of the lorry (truck), and there was spillage everywhere."

The driver was unhurt in the incident and the two men escaped. Police said that the truck's cargo has since been recovered.

drummerboy
02-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know about yeast overgrowth in the body?
I am also trying to find time to bake more.
Deb, I swear I'm not trying to make light of your problems, but yeast overgrowth and baking in the same paragraph? :blush::thedolls:

Seriously, I hope you've got the problem figured out and get better very quickly.

What a day with the mock trials. I didn't fall down (or have my pants fall down) but no sooner did I get the welcoming speach done to the kids than an ear-splitting chirp type fire alarm started going off in the courtroom, along with strobe lights. We got everybody outside and then found out some workmen who were doing drywall work in the building set off the smoke alarms while they were sanding the drywall and kicking up dust. I figured the noise wasnt' much worse than they get from their Ipod earphones, but we got them out anyway. After about ten minutes, they got it to stop and we got underway. After that things went fairly smoothly.

I cooked myself a steak and fries with Texas Toast and salad when I got home.

How'd everybody's Saturday go? Looks like Mikki had a productive day.

Beast_fanatic
02-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Who else will be there the weekend of 12-14?

Me! I hope! And, I've heard that Ellen & Jared are trying to come then too (in addition to the others that have already posted their intentions today).

Why is it snowing today?

It was 70 degrees here today and beautiful! Unfortunately, I spent almost the entire day inside (baby shower that I referred to earlier, and visiting my dad) and in the car (driving to/from above). But, tomorrow is supposed to be equally gorgeous. :thumbsup:

the girls and I FINALLY saw "The Incredibles" last night... it's only been out for what, 2 years now??

The date on my CD says 2003. :blush:

Does anyone know about yeast overgrowth in the body?
I am also trying to find time to bake more.

Did you intentionally put those two items back to back? The concept scares me a bit. :eek:

Caroleh
02-09-2008, 11:38 PM
I asked Gilles about another Dec. trip and he said yes if I can put the funds together!!! Does anyone wnat to buy any quilts, christmas stockings, etc..?

Dsnygirl
02-10-2008, 01:52 AM
It was 70 degrees here today and beautiful! ... tomorrow is supposed to be equally gorgeous.

The date on my CD says 2003. :blush:

Lucky you!! I cannot wait until it starts to warm up around here.... unfort., I've got a good 2 months to wait. :( But, in reality that's good... gives me time to get ready to wear shorts again... :blush: ... and by the time the weather gets nice, hopefully we'll own our house and can enjoy starting the work we want to do... I cannot wait to get my hands on the gardens!! I did a lot of work as a "renter", just b/c I love to and the gardens were just crying for someone to get rid of the weeds... but now -- whoo boy -- do I have my work cut out for me!! But I can't wait... :D

I can't believe that movie came out 5 years ago... that is downright embarassing. What's even worse is that we've had it to watch since October.... :blush:

So... another busy night in babyland... we were actually in the paper today, it's been so crazy!! But it's settled down a bit now, so that's good...

I hope you all had a good Saturday... I talked to Dan before he headed off to bed, and he said he and the girls had a great time at the dance... he said our girls were "dancing fools", enjoying every minute of all the HM and HSM music. I can only imagine... I can't wait to see the pictures!! :trio: :dance:

Tomorrow is church for them and sleep for me... hopefully, I'll find time to zoop in again!! I miss you guys!!

Have a great Sunday, everybody.... I'll leave some coffee for you!! :hug:

Tink&Goofy
02-10-2008, 02:00 AM
Hey Blythe! Wow - you haven't been around forever! Hope the rest of your night goes well!

Tomorrow the oldest and DH are off to a bowling tourny - leaving me with the other two. Maybe its time for a movie? What movie should we go see?

trackbarroness
02-10-2008, 03:58 AM
Good morning all, I do hope you all slept well. Todays' going to be a beautiful day with a bit of a nip in the air early on. Yesterday a friend of mine at work recieved her 20th year annivesvry(sp) pin at work, how cool is that? She got 2 pins one to wear on her name tag and one she can actually wear besides a certifecate. :thumbsup:
Anyone want something from the world? I might bring it. :D And yes I start early today.
have a magical day

disneydeb
02-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Sandy, Could you send me a Dole Whip?:D

T & G is there a chance of more scholarship money to be won today? Anyway- good luck to her!

Blythe, the daddy -daughter dance sounds wonderful. My girls never got to experience a father-daughter dance, but we did have mother -daughter teas.

Deb, try to get your Dr. to give you a prescription of Nystatin for yeast overgrowth. I had a rash on my tummy for years. I had it biopsied at Vanderbilt and all anyone could tell me is that it was something I was having an allergic reaction to. And that I would have to figure out what that was.:confused: On a trip , driving to the world, I was listening to a radio talk show and they were discussing rashes that were cause by yeast overgrowth. When I got home, I told my doctor that I thought it was yeast and 1 prescription later I had no rash. It can be caused by antibiotic therapy too. Good luck with it.

Didn't I include a question somewhere?

Caroleh
02-10-2008, 09:15 AM
I think I just convinced Gilles to go to WDW Dec. 10-15. :D:cloud9: I told him we could do it as a major celebration, our 10th anniversary, my birthday and his 55th birthday. Our anniversary is in October, Dec.-my bday and Feb is his. I figured Dec is halfway between our anniversary and his birthday. We're thinking of PORFQ.

Are you planning then and there, Pogo? Gilles wants to hang out with his buddy!!! :D

Hey, Ken, could you set up Drummerboy's Discount Travel Service to arrange our flights?

drummerboy
02-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Tomorrow the oldest and DH are off to a bowling tourny - leaving me with the other two.
See what I get for reading while I'm still bleary eyed--At first I thought you were saying something about your oldest DH doing something. I was going to ask if there was something you wanted to tell us? :blush:

I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (with Johhny Depp) on television last night and really enjoyed it. I was never sure if I'd like it as much as the Gene Wilder version, but I did. The Oompalahs were great.

My 'sleeping in' lasted to 9 this morning. Usually any more I feel pretty icky all day if I sleep much past that.

I've got a whole afternoon free for projects. What can I get into today?

DW's been sending daily updates from Florida. What a hoot. Apprantly the Carolina Gang are becoming notorious in the retirement RV park.

mtown71
02-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Deb, I swear I'm not trying to make light of your problems, but yeast overgrowth and baking in the same paragraph? :blush::thedolls:

Seriously, I hope you've got the problem figured out and get better very quickly.

Did you intentionally put those two items back to back? The concept scares me a bit. :eek:

OOPS!!!!!:blush: Good catch you two. That was kinda silly of me to do that, huh? That gave me a good laugh...thanks!
Thanks all for the great info...just hope my doc will help me out with it. What would I do without you guys????
Man, it has turned so cold here....I am so ready for another trip to FL. Can I join all who are going this year?

pogo
02-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I think I just convinced Gilles to go to WDW Dec. 10-15. I told him we could do it as a major celebration, our 10th anniversary, my birthday and his 55th birthday. Our anniversary is in October, Dec.-my bday and Feb is his. I figured Dec is halfway between our anniversary and his birthday. We're thinking of PORFQ.

Are you planning then and there, Pogo? Gilles wants to hang out with his buddy!!!

Hey, Ken, could you set up Drummerboy's Discount Travel Service to arrange our flights?

I'm thinking of maybe Allstar Sports. :confused: But we love POFQ !

Want to save about $400 on your flights ???? Drive to Buffalo and fly either Southwest or Airtran. Just ask Jenn and Brian !

See what I get for reading while I'm still bleary eyed--At first I thought you were saying something about your oldest DH doing something. I was going to ask if there was something you wanted to tell us?
Me too ! T&G.... how many other husbands do you have ??? :D

Can I join all who are going this year?
Why not...... maybe you can hitch a ride with your Dingy Sister ! :D

mtown71
02-10-2008, 02:02 PM

OOOOOHHHHHHH....you will be in such trouble when she reads this!!!!!!! :eek::paranoid: Are ya scared?
Actually, me & Di have talked about maybe going but I don't know if I can afford it.

drummerboy
02-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Absolutely. You know our motto: "We go where you're going: and sometimes we even take you with us."

I've been doing more wallpaper scraping this afternoon, but stopped for a lunch break (and an allergy shot--I've been uncovering some old mold).

What's everybody doing today?

disneydrmr
02-10-2008, 03:23 PM

OOOOOHHHHHHH....you will be in such trouble when she reads this!!!!!!! :eek::paranoid: Are ya scared?
Actually, me & Di have talked about maybe going but I don't know if I can afford it.

Hmmm... hey Pogo - how'd you know that Deb and I have another sister? I never told you about her. And Deb - I don't believe Chris reads this message board so I think Pogo is safe from her anger. :D

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Did I forget anything? Oh, yeah.. I did..

Pogo - :fresh:

Tink&Goofy
02-10-2008, 04:12 PM
See what I get for reading while I'm still bleary eyed--At first I thought you were saying something about your oldest DH doing something. I was going to ask if there was something you wanted to tell us? :blush:

Me too ! T&G.... how many other husbands do you have ??? :D

Only one DH - but he is the OLDEST! In fact, he hits the big 5-0 in about 3 weeks!! Anyone have any great ideas I can surprise him with? (WDW is out - we are going in March....)

I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (with Johhny Depp) on television last night and really enjoyed it. I was never sure if I'd like it as much as the Gene Wilder version, but I did. The Oompalahs were great.

I've never seen the Johnny Depp version. Quite honestly, the ads with Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka kind of creeped me out!

I'm taking a break from house cleaning. Boy at this rate, it might be clean before we go in March!! I'm helping DD5 complete her "I am Special" poster for school. Next week is her week!

So whats on the menu for dinner tonight?

pogo
02-10-2008, 04:28 PM
OOOOOHHHHHHH....you will be in such trouble when she reads this!!!!!!! Are ya scared?
I'm not afraid of her ! Should I be ???? :confused:

Absolutely. You know our motto: "We go where you're going: and sometimes we even take you with us."

So does this mean your planning on joining us in December ?? :D

Hmmm... hey Pogo - how'd you know that Deb and I have another sister? I never told you about her. And Deb - I don't believe Chris reads this message board so I think Pogo is safe from her anger.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Did I forget anything? Oh, yeah.. I did..

Pogo - :fresh:

OMG...... not another dingy sister ! :secret: There are three of ya's ? :faint:

What did Deb do..... call you right up and tell you to check in ????

And one other thing.............. :fresh:

Only one DH - but he is the OLDEST! In fact, he hits the big 5-0 in about 3 weeks!! Anyone have any great ideas I can surprise him with? (WDW is out - we are going in March....)

So whats on the menu for dinner tonight?

Good for him. How about getting him a Petty Driving Experience pass for your trip to WDW ??

We are fixing a roasted pork tenderloin, in a white wine sauce...... garlic mashed potatoes... southwestern seasoned mixed veggies, and a nice bottle of Dr. Franks Reisling. Whos' coming for dinner ?? :D

drummerboy
02-10-2008, 04:49 PM
I've never seen the Johnny Depp version. Quite honestly, the ads with Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka kind of creeped me out!
That's one reason I wasn't sure I wanted to see it, but the 'creepiness' sort of makes sense when you see the whole thing.

We are fixing a roasted pork tenderloin, in a white wine sauce...... garlic mashed potatoes... southwestern seasoned mixed veggies, and a nice bottle of Dr. Franks Reisling. Whos' coming for dinner ?? :D
Be right there. [setting teleporter controls for Rochester, hoping not to land in photo chemical vat at Kodak...]

Anybody want an Oreo Double Stuff?

Caroleh
02-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Whos' coming for dinner ?? :D

We'll be there!! You don't mind if I have an upset tummy do you? Gilles wants to know, "What's for dessert?"

I was asking Gilles about staying at one of the All-Stars and he want to stay at a moderate. He said since we started at GF, we gradually have to work our way down. He would like to stay at WL, but I'm not sure if I can swing that yet.

Tink&Goofy
02-10-2008, 04:56 PM
T & G is there a chance of more scholarship money to be won today? Anyway- good luck to her!

No scholarship money on the line at this one - this is just for fun and bragging rights! Its team and double events - so lots of fun for her.

Good for him. How about getting him a Petty Driving Experience pass for your trip to WDW ??

Now thats an idea I hadn't thought of! Not sure if he's into driving - but that made me think of an idea I had before - which was the Diving experience they have at Epcot :diver:- or maybe the Dolphin dive :dolphin:. I'm going to have to look into that. Thanks Pogo, for jogging my brain!

Dinner sounds wonderful! If I leave right now, I should be arriving about 11:00 or so. Will you keep it warm? I won't even ask if there will be any wine left by then...

pogo
02-10-2008, 05:18 PM

So does this mean your planning on joining us in December ??

How long are you going to keep dodging this question ????:confused: Any chance of you being with us ?? :D

Be right there. [setting teleporter controls for Rochester, hoping not to land in photo chemical vat at Kodak...]
We put a cover on the Vat a long time ago. You'll be allright. :thumbsup:

We'll be there!! You don't mind if I have an upset tummy do you? Gilles wants to know, "What's for dessert?"

I was asking Gilles about staying at one of the All-Stars and he want to stay at a moderate. He said since we started at GF, we gradually have to work our way down. He would like to stay at WL, but I'm not sure if I can swing that yet.
Once you stay at POFQ, you won't think of spending extra to stay at WL. We loved the Poly, but I'll never pay more than what I'd pay at POFQ.

The reason we thought of Allstars was the reviews have been good. I'd never stay there in April though. Too many perky cheerleaders there then.

Desert is just icecream ! :D

Now thats an idea I hadn't thought of! Not sure if he's into driving - but that made me think of an idea I had before - which was the Diving experience they have at Epcot :diver:- or maybe the Dolphin dive :dolphin:. I'm going to have to look into that. Thanks Pogo, for jogging my brain!

Dinner sounds wonderful! If I leave right now, I should be arriving about 11:00 or so. Will you keep it warm? I won't even ask if there will be any wine left by then...

I've been jogging your brain quite a bit lately..... so when are you gonna pay me back ???

If you are not here by 7:00, I'll keep it warm. Oh and.... don't worry about the wine... I'll open another bottle for you. :D

dlpmikki
02-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Your Dinner sounded good Pogo. Our roast lamb was yummy and the venison sausage casserole tonight was to die for.

As far as our November/December trip goes would you believe Andrew asked me why I was considering Pop? He said why not just try and get into OKW for those extra nights too? So I will do. Hopefully the week before Thanksgiving shouldn't be a problem.

I played Tennis outdoors today and it was lovely - lots of sun and completely still. Tomorrow it is indoors tennis which will be even more fun.

What's everyones plans for this week?

Caroleh
02-10-2008, 05:55 PM
The reason we thought of Allstars was the reviews have been good. I'd never stay there in April though. Too many perky cheerleaders there then.

In Dec. I'd make sure Pop Warner football is over first. Staying in All Stars would be cheaper for as much time you spend in the room, but then if I go with the romance theme(the anniversary) then POFQ is better. :D I really think I do have him wanting to go!!!

Work and packing, since I didn't get any packing done today. I can't sit up without feeling queasy. We're having soup for dinner, anybody want some?

disneydeb
02-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Mikki,
What is in your venison sausage casserole other than venison sausage? My hubby is a big deer slayer and I'm always looking for recipes to use the meat. Thank you.

Amy's dear fellow and his brother and sister want to stay at All Star Movies.

I haven't decided where to stay if I go alone.

If Gage goes with us, I will probably end up at Movies too.

drummerboy
02-10-2008, 07:03 PM
How long are you going to keep dodging this question ????:confused: Any chance of you being with us ??
You must have missed an earlier post I made. DW and I are talking about going in December if all the stars and moon align just right. We'd be in FW with our middle two grandchildren. Right now it's just in the talking phase, so everybody keep their fingers crossed for the next few months.

Anbody want to join me for some meatloaf and mashed taters? Or has everybody just about eaten already?

MauiMouse
02-10-2008, 08:06 PM
And I managed to get a DVC discount for Pirate and Princess party on 23 April - so I'll definitely see you there Mary! :pirate:

Can you tell I'm excited? :party::joy::yay::D
Yeah, Mikki, can't wait to see you and Andrew again, it's been almost 4 years since London. Doesn't seem possible actually.

Hey Pogo, are you going in December? Who else will be there the weekend of 12-14?

We are actually, myself and some friends, coming down from Dec 10-13 and hopefully doing a Christmas Party in that time frame. Hope to see everyone then. Can you say Party? :party:

Why is it snowing today? :mad:

Don't you just love it? NOT, I'm sick of this winter, we didn't get out of the lower single digits today, and right now it's -2. When it is going to be spring?

I have volleyball tomorrow night, & then getting my eye balls checked on Tuesday, but other than that just working unfortunately.

disneydeb
02-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Anbody want to join me for some meatloaf and mashed taters? Or has everybody just about eaten already?

I just had a PB and sugar free jelly sandwich with sugar free choccolate milk.

pogo
02-10-2008, 08:23 PM
In Dec. I'd make sure Pop Warner football is over first. Staying in All Stars would be cheaper for as much time you spend in the room, but then if I go with the romance theme(the anniversary) then POFQ is better. :D I really think I do have him wanting to go!!!
You will love POFQ...... I promise ! Would I lie to you ?? :D

Mikki,
What is in your venison sausage casserole other than venison sausage? My hubby is a big deer slayer and I'm always looking for recipes to use the meat. Thank you.
Hhmmmmm.... bass fisherman.... deer hunter.... Your DH and I would get along just fine ! Does he hunt Turkeys by any chance ?? He could come up and hunt with me in May ! :D

You must have missed an earlier post I made. DW and I are talking about going in December if all the stars and moon align just right. We'd be in FW with our middle two grandchildren. Right now it's just in the talking phase, so everybody keep their fingers crossed for the next few months.

I'm sorry...... I must have missed it. It would be great for a face to face meet with someone older than me ! :D

Good for you, Sis ! :D

Caroleh
02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
1.You will love POFQ...... I promise ! Would I lie to you ?? :D

2.Hhmmmmm.... bass fisherman.... deer hunter.... Your DH and I would get along just fine ! Does he hunt Turkeys by any chance ?? He could come up and hunt with me in May ! :D

1. Isn't that a song by Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart? :D Do you really want me to answer that?

2. Why did you leave me wide open? Did you say he could come up and hunt for you? :D

Can you tell I'm feeling better?

Beast_fanatic
02-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Lucky you!! I cannot wait until it starts to warm up around here.... unfort., I've got a good 2 months to wait. :( But, in reality that's good... gives me time to get ready to wear shorts again... :blush: ... and by the time the weather gets nice, hopefully we'll own our house and can enjoy starting the work we want to do... I cannot wait to get my hands on the gardens!! I did a lot of work as a "renter", just b/c I love to and the gardens were just crying for someone to get rid of the weeds... but now -- whoo boy -- do I have my work cut out for me!! But I can't wait... :D

I can't believe that movie came out 5 years ago... that is downright embarassing. What's even worse is that we've had it to watch since October.... :blush:

So... another busy night in babyland... we were actually in the paper today, it's been so crazy!! But it's settled down a bit now, so that's good...

I hope you all had a good Saturday... I talked to Dan before he headed off to bed, and he said he and the girls had a great time at the dance... he said our girls were "dancing fools", enjoying every minute of all the HM and HSM music. I can only imagine... I can't wait to see the pictures!! :trio: :dance:

Tomorrow is church for them and sleep for me... hopefully, I'll find time to zoop in again!! I miss you guys!!

Have a great Sunday, everybody.... I'll leave some coffee for you!! :hug:

OK, I realize you were sleep deprived, but what part of this was a question? :nono:

Let's see, there's work, then work again, then a podiatrist appointment followed by work, then work and, oh yeah, work some more. Sounds like a typical week to me.

drummerboy
02-10-2008, 08:42 PM
My favorite (favourite) lunch, except not sugar free. I also had a lettuce wedge and tomato with the meat loaf and mashed taters.

It would be great for a face to face meet with someone older than me !
Maybe we can have a fencing match with our canes.

Don't you hate it when you start to type a reply and your finger hits something or other that makes it disappear? Or is that just me.

Hey Pogo, I'm listening to Allman Bros. "Dreams" again. Love that song.

MauiMouse
02-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Hhmmmmm.... bass fisherman.... deer hunter.... Your DH and I would get along just fine ! Does he hunt Turkeys by any chance ?? He could come up and hunt with me in May ! :D

Do you know my father? He once hit a turkey with his car up north in the U.P. I don't recall if it wasn't Turkey season or he didn't have a Turkey permit. Don't tell the DNR. :secret:

disneydeb
02-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Don't you know that down here we don't hunt wild turkeys----we bottle them!? :D

drummerboy
02-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Durn straight.

Everybody ready for Monday?

pogo
02-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Can you tell I'm feeling better?
Yes, I can...... and I'm glad ?? :D

Let's see, there's work, then work again, then a podiatrist appointment followed by work, then work and, oh yeah, work some more. Sounds like a typical week to me.
yeah... and don't forget your doing the finger thing. :nono: Ha ha Blythe. :D

Maybe we can have a fencing match with our canes.

Hey Pogo, I'm listening to Allman Bros. "Dreams" again. Love that song.One of my favorites. I saw them play that live, several times. They were better when they weren't stoned.

Just one more mornin
I had to wake up with the blues
Pulled myself outta bed, yeah
Put on my walkin shoes,
Went up on the mountain,
To see what I could see,
The whole world was fallin,
Right down in front of me.

cause Im hung up on dreams Ill never see, yeah baby.
Ahh help me baby, or this will surely be the end of me, yeah.

And them my personal favorite, "I'm no Angel" !
OK Carol..... see what you can do with that one ! :D

Do you know my father? He once hit a turkey with his car up north in the U.P. I don't recall if it wasn't Turkey season or he didn't have a Turkey permit. Don't tell the DNR.
How far off the road did he have to go to hit it ??? :car:

Don't you know that down here we don't hunt wild turkeys----we bottle them!?
No wonder you're so funny ! :funny:

Caroleh
02-10-2008, 10:22 PM
And them my personal favorite, "I'm no Angel" !
OK Carol..... see what you can do with that one ! :D

Was it about you? :D

Boy, if people didn't know better they would think we didn't like each other!!! :D :hug:

Natazu
02-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Don't you know that down here we don't hunt wild turkeys----we bottle them!? :DI think that's Kentucky, hon.

:hi: Hey Jym! How's my Tennessee sister feeling? Tell her it gets easier really soon :thumbsup:. I'm glad you are all well...but I am sorry you have been so busy. Don't forget to take it easy!She's doing better. Hardly getting sick now. We're at the beginning of the 2nd Trimester and all's well. I wonder what Blythe would charge to do private duty after the birth?

Don't burn the candle at both ends !We, uh, use electricity here now, thanks.

pogo
02-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Boy, if people didn't know better they would think we didn't like each other!!! :D :hug:
You mean we do ??? :faint:

We, uh, use electricity here now, thanks.

That's good to know. When did you get it ?? :confused:

Next, you'll try to get me to believe you don't eat possum anymore ! :D

Going to bed all....... nitey, nite..... :sleepin:

Natazu
02-10-2008, 11:49 PM
You mean we do ??? :faint:

That's good to know. When did you get it ?? :confused:

Next, you'll try to get me to believe you don't eat possum anymore ! :D

Going to bed all....... nitey, nite..... :sleepin:
We use the electricity to cook the possums. Bed already? Man, you're old.

Tink&Goofy
02-11-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm sorry...... I must have missed it. It would be great for a face to face meet with someone older than me ! :D
:funny: That rules out everyone in our household. (sorry pogo - just couldn't resist..)

Ditto here - just a hair appointment instead of podiatrist. Could be an interesting week though. Two more hearings to go to. I have booked my March trip - but technically won't know until 2/19 whether I will have a major conflict. I am optomistic that we WILL in fact get a vacation!

:funny:

Bed already? Man, you're old.
:funny: OMG Jym - you are hilarious! Course you never sleep, do you?

Dsnygirl
02-11-2008, 04:34 AM
She's doing better. Hardly getting sick now. We're at the beginning of the 2nd Trimester and all's well. I wonder what Blythe would charge to do private duty after the birth?

Not a penny... as long as you guys are recooperating at OKW.... :D

Hi guys... just zooping in from work... (secretly... :secret: ...I'm on the "no computer" floor, but everyone's logged on, so I'm violating all the rules and joining them. :blush:)

I hope you all had a great Sunday... mine was gone before I knew it!! Tomorrow's got me a little nervous... it's supposed to be wickedly cold in the am, and I'm afraid the schools will close. (If the temp is below zero, they often close for the sake of the walkers... even if it's only the wind chill that drives it below. Today, the wind chill is supposed to be 10-15 degrees below zero. :freeze:) I'd gladly drive my girls back & forth to school, but if no one else is there, it'd be for naught... ;) So - here's to hoping you don't see me posting here mid-morning, with my 19th cup of coffee in hand... :surf:

Have a great day, all... and I hope it's warmer where you are!! :D

trackbarroness
02-11-2008, 05:25 AM
Uh oh Blythe me thinks you need a question in your posting.
Want to borrow one of mine? :D
So who wants to go to the world today? Besides me that is. :D

alpro2
02-11-2008, 07:28 AM
...My hubby is a big deer slayer and I'm always looking for recipes to use the meat. Thank you.

Amy's dear fellow and his brother and sister want to stay at All Star Movies.

I hope your hubby won't slay Amy's dear fellow. Get it? :D

pogo
02-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Good morning all....... is it as cold at your house as it is at ours ?? :confused:

Not a good weekend at pogo's house. In spite of our wonderful dinner last night, I've really been under the weather this weekend with chills, headaches and a variety of other flu like sypmtoms. :ill: I feel better today, but I'm sure I won't go out on any appointments today. I'll be around most of the day and will zoop in and out. :(

We use the electricity to cook the possums. Bed already? Man, you're old.
You betcha. My goal in life is to almost catch up with Ken ! Right Big Guy ?? :D

OMG Jym - you are hilarious! Course you never sleep, do you?I know when he sleeps ! I'll call and wake him up !

Tomorrow's got me a little nervous... it's supposed to be wickedly cold in the am, and I'm afraid the schools will close. (If the temp is below zero, they often close for the sake of the walkers... even if it's only the wind chill that drives it below. Today, the wind chill is supposed to be 10-15 degrees below zero. I'd gladly drive my girls back & forth to school, but if no one else is there, it'd be for naught... So - here's to hoping you don't see me posting here mid-morning, with my 19th cup of coffee in hand.

Have a great day, all... and I hope it's warmer where you are!!
I'm so sorry Blythe, but this morning schools all over our area are closing because of the cold and wind. I'll make another pot of coffee for you and maybe by the time you've finished it, you'll remember to ask a question in your post ! :D

So who wants to go to the world today? Besides me that is.
Oh Sandy.... you are such a tease ! :D

Caroleh
02-11-2008, 08:24 AM
:wave: Jym!!! Glad to hear Rachel is doing better!!

Boy, is it cold today!!! It kinda reminds me of Iowa!! Hope all of you up here keep warm and for you down south..I hope you get some of this cold.:fresh: I was always taught to share!!

Have a great Monday!! Where did the questions go? Blythe, don't you think Alex and Pogo have been hiding them?

MauiMouse
02-11-2008, 08:49 AM
It's still freezing cold here, so the cold hasn't really traveled that far.

Hope everyone's has a good Monday.

I could use a good question, anyone got one to spare?

disneydrmr
02-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Hey everyone! Another busy day in store for me as we gear up for another SNOW day tomorrow. expecting 6 inches of the white death, along with some ice on top of that. So guess who will be calling schools all day to get that 'guarentee' that "yes, no matter the weather someone will be in the office to recieve our food delivery".. Yeah, right...
Hope everyone had a great weekend (even you guys - Pogo and Alex! :D)

Sounds like WDW in December will be full of JQers... not looking good for me... now dh's van is leaking hydraulic fluid.. so that will be the THIRD repair on the stupid thing since November. Plus our heater appears to be starting a slow death as it's blowing out not as warm air as usual.. AND the water heater is still making gosh awful noises...

Hugs to everyone that needs them! Everyone stay warm and safe.

I believe my question shivered :freeze: out of this post. Anyone got an electric blanket I can wrap around the thread?

offwego
02-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Cold here as well, hope everyone had a good weekend.

We were driving around to inlaws and my family so I'm very tired. How many of the rest of you need a weekend to recover from your weekend?

dlpmikki
02-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Mikki,

Good question. I've done a couple of them recently but I didn't follow any recipie. I browned the meat (as one does), added some onions for browning and then added red wine (as one does). Had some chopped leeks, baby carrots, stock cube and a handful of prunes. Just simmered till all cooked and sauce reduced. Think the other day had mushrooms and carrots. Oh and a few Juniper berries never go astray in a tasty casserole!

Yeah, Mikki, can't wait to see you and Andrew again, it's been almost 4 years since London. Doesn't seem possible actually.

We are actually, myself and some friends, coming down from Dec 10-13 and hopefully doing a Christmas Party in that time frame. Hope to see everyone then. Can you say Party? :party:

Is it really 4 years? Wow! That weekend in December is going to be busy. I'm pretty sure the Mega Mouse meet is going on then too.

I had a fun game of tennis this morning. I think thrashed is the correct word to use for what we did to the opponents :thedolls:. I got home to find that my bank have been actioning a christmas present - I'm set up for a free aromatherapy massage in two weeks time. Who would have thought that banks actually give christmas presents!

drummerboy
02-11-2008, 11:32 AM
I got home to find that my bank have been actioning a christmas present - I'm set up for a free aromatherapy massage in two weeks time. Who would have thought that banks actually give christmas presents!
You didn't get your free Christmas samples from Natalie? :spend:

Jasper
02-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi all! Everyone got your ice tires on your vehicles yet? Most winters anymore go by with just a dusting of snow and a lot of cold weather here in southern Indiana. But this year it seems we are either having severe thunderstorms(including tornadoes) or ice!

Well this week it appears we are going back to the ice routine. The weather report on the radio just said that we will be getting about one inch of ice today and then about four inches of snow overnight before it turns back to rain and sleet for a while tomorrow morning before ending up as snow again tomorrow afternoon. What a mess that is going to be!

I like to have a little snow in winter but this ice stuff is for the birds! Needless to say we are praying for either all snow or all rain! Several weeks ago we had an ice storm that left about an inch of the slick stuff behind and our power was out for close to 24 hours so hopefully we have had all of that for the winter!

offwego
02-11-2008, 01:13 PM
You didn't get your free Christmas samples from Natalie? :spend: Hey I did do Christmas presents...but this year I bought my clients toys themed on the industry they are in and donated them on their behalf to a local toy drive. (each client received an email with a picture and card etc)

Is it really 4 years? Wow! That weekend in December is going to be busy. I'm pretty sure the Mega Mouse meet is going on then too.
I've never been to any of the events. Have you been Mikki?

Jasper
02-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Anyone out there? Hello? (Tap, tap, tap on the monitor screen) Is this thing on?

Gee, I guess I scared everyone away today! I thought next Monday was President's day and everyone would be off work, not this Monday. Of course, no one really does their Intercot posting from work do they?

offwego
02-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Anyone out there? Hello? (Tap, tap, tap on the monitor screen) Is this thing on?

Gee, I guess I scared everyone away today! I thought next Monday was President's day and everyone would be off work, not this Monday. Of course, no one really does their Intercot posting from work do they?

Sorry Jasper..I meant to type a hi to you and somehow missed it. Perhaps I was scared by the snow tires? I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the things.

disneydrmr
02-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi all! Everyone got your ice tires on your vehicles yet?
Well this week it appears we are going back to the ice routine. The weather report on the radio just said that we will be getting about one inch of ice today and then about four inches of snow overnight before it turns back to rain and sleet for a while tomorrow morning before ending up as snow again tomorrow afternoon. What a mess that is going to be!

I see it appears that this snow/ice is coming toward my town from the west - so Jasper - PLEASE just keep it to yourself! I DO NOT want any of it! Sounds like I'll need a snow plow attached to the front of my cavalier.. and maybe some chains on my tires... or maybe I can attach a hairdryer to the front and set it to high and let it melt my way to work in the morning? Or maybe a super powered blow torch? Either way - stay safe over there!

NOOOOO... why would you EVER think that we post while at work? :D

dlpmikki
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
What's work? :thedolls:

offwego
02-11-2008, 04:35 PM
What's work? :thedolls:

Why that thing you do finding the Figaro pictures of course.

Surely that must require some effort?

dlpmikki
02-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Why that thing you do finding the Figaro pictures of course.

Surely that must require some effort?

Oh yes, I have to plan trips to WDW and where to take pictures of the spoilt kittie. Does that count as work? I thought I was having fun! :D

disneydrmr
02-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh yes, I have to plan trips to WDW and where to take pictures of the spoilt kittie. Does that count as work? I thought I was having fun! :D

Well, isn't work suppossed to be fun? :confused:

dlpmikki
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Well, isn't work suppossed to be fun? :confused:

I didn't always think so when I did work work. Does everyone here find their day (or night in Blythes case) jobs fun? I would be thrilled if you all said yes!

offwego
02-11-2008, 05:04 PM
I didn't always think so when I did work work. Does everyone here find their day (or night in Blythes case) jobs fun? I would be thrilled if you all said yes!

Mostly..more then not. However I am looking at some new stuff so does that mean I don't? I'm never sure how to measure that.

dlpmikki
02-11-2008, 05:12 PM
I think I got to the stage where I was not looking forward to going into work at all. Long hours, little achieved (you just knew everything would be changed again in a years time as you had done it so many times before!) and not much renumeration. When I had the chance to be made redundant with a pay off I leapt at it. Living in the countryside is a whole different lifestyle. I guess I do still work of sorts but it is not paid work - but I do love it! A big bonus of not paid work is that I don't have those pesky vacation days to keep track of - it is all 7 day weekends which means I can do longer trips to Disney. This actually saves money as one of the priciest parts of our trips is the flights. I'll try and keep my mouth shut about work issues for a while - ok? :blush:

Dsnygirl
02-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Not a good weekend at pogo's house. In spite of our wonderful dinner last night, I've really been under the weather this weekend with chills, headaches and a variety of other flu like sypmtoms. I feel better today, but I'm sure I won't go out on any appointments today. I'll be around most of the day and will zoop in and out.

I'm so sorry Blythe, but this morning schools all over our area are closing because of the cold and wind. I'll make another pot of coffee for you and maybe by the time you've finished it, you'll remember to ask a question in your post !

Pogo, I'm so sorry to hear you're under the weather -- are you feeling any better?? Sending some :pixie: your way to keep those nasty germs away!!

I got lucky - tons of schools closed or delayed around here, but not ours!! :thumbsup: It was only 8 degrees in the city, but it was 13 here... must be b/c so many warm-hearted folks live around this town... :D So, I just drove the girls over and they bundled up for the walk home - it was 25 by this afternoon!! Heat wave!! So, I didn't sleep long, but at least I slept well!!

Have a great Monday!! Where did the questions go? Blythe, don't you think Alex and Pogo have been hiding them?
Absolutely!! Couldn't have anything to do with being up all night... :blush:

I could use a good question, anyone got one to spare?
Apparently not...

Sounds like WDW in December will be full of JQers... not looking good for me... now dh's van is leaking hydraulic fluid.. so that will be the THIRD repair on the stupid thing since November.
Sorry to hear about your van... do you think :pixie: will work on it, too?? I sure hope you're able to swing a trip -- I'd love to finally meet you!!

That weekend in December is going to be busy. I'm pretty sure the Mega Mouse meet is going on then too.

We're actually wondering if we'll be there that weekend now... (the 12-14) The Pop Warner SuperBowl/cheerleading thing is the week preceding it, and we were thinking maybe we'd do an All-Star resort if the deals that come out are better there... and I'm not sure I want to be there for MouseFest, either -- Pop Warner may not affect the parks, but MouseFest sure does! So... now I'm wondering if we may go after Thanksgiving and make it an earlier trip than we originally thought. Lots of time to decide, though...

What's work?
:fresh:

Does everyone here find their day (or night in Blythes case) jobs fun? I would be thrilled if you all said yes!
Let's see... fun? Sometimes... esp. when the right combination of people are working... Rewarding is probably a better word for it, although sometimes that doesn't fit, either, depending on the patient/s you're caring for. :blush: But I have to say I love it - it's not what I ever thought I'd be doing when I "grew up", but even when it's crazy, I've never not wanted to do what I do, or go in. So - I guess that's good!! :)

Zooping back out -- hope everyone is well and warm and cozy... I'm off to turn chicken into dinner!!

Can somebody check - did I ask a question???

disneydeb
02-11-2008, 06:34 PM
I hope your hubby won't slay Amy's dear fellow. Get it? :D

Alex, Uhhh, I think your tutu is too tight!:D

Do you think the dear is in any real danger?

Just if he isn't nice to my daughter!

Caroleh
02-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Perhaps I was scared by the snow tires? I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the things.

Have you heard that they are thinking about making winter tires manditory? I think its rather silly because how many people have places to store them, especially if they live in apartments and have small cars like the gov't is pushing for.

We're actually wondering if we'll be there that weekend now... (the 12-14) The Pop Warner SuperBowl/cheerleading thing is the week preceding it, and we were thinking maybe we'd do an All-Star resort if the deals that come out are better there... and I'm not sure I want to be there for MouseFest, either -- Pop Warner may not affect the parks, but MouseFest sure does! So... now I'm wondering if we may go after Thanksgiving and make it an earlier trip than we originally thought. Lots of time to decide, though...

I don't think you should worry much about Mousefest, Blythe. At this point I really don't think it'll be much worse. When we went the parks were busy and it was Pop Warner week. We didn't see that many football players. Also you can plan days around Mousefeat to avoid being where they are. We could also make our own grand gathering!! :DThere were still rooms available for POFQ when I was looking this weekend.

drummerboy
02-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Zoop.

I've been off making oompah music. Looks like everyone made it through Monday. How's Tuesday shaping up for everybody?

mtown71
02-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Zoop.

I've been off making oompah music. Looks like everyone made it through Monday. How's Tuesday shaping up for everybody?

So, does that make you an oompah loompah?
I made it home from work. The snow is starting to hit. It is heading our way & it is freezing out there. UGH....I am so ready to go to FL. Tuesday is a wait & see if I have to work. Depends on how much snow we actually get.
Anyone ready for a snowball fight in the morning?:thedolls:

Tink&Goofy
02-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Alex, Uhhh, I think your tutu is too tight!:D

:funny: I thought it was a tube top, not a tutu. Unless its a tube top WITH a tutu. Boy that'll leave an impression in the brain!

It was a beautiful day today. Mid 50s - cloudy, but dry. Honestly feels like the cold temp of winter are gone here. But that just means it will start raining soon, and rain until mid June...

So anyone have any good desserts? I really have a sweet tooth tonight!

mtown71
02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
So anyone have any good desserts? I really have a sweet tooth tonight!

I am drinking some hot chocolate right now. Later on this week, I will be making some Reese cup brownies with peanut butter frosting for a party at work.

pogo
02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Pogo, I'm so sorry to hear you're under the weather -- are you feeling any better?? Sending some :pixie: your way to keep those nasty germs away!!
Thanks Neighbor.... I'm still alive. When should I start to feel better ?? :ill:

We thought about staying at Allstars also, but you only save about $160. And we're not worried about Mousefest. They only had about 750 people last year and WDW is huge.

I don't think you should worry much about Mousefest, Blythe. At this point I really don't think it'll be much worse. When we went the parks were busy and it was Pop Warner week. We didn't see that many football players. Also you can plan days around Mousefeat to avoid being where they are. We could also make our own grand gathering!! :DThere were still rooms available for POFQ when I was looking this weekend.
It's still early. There will be rooms available... no problem.

Zoop.

I've got just two appointments scheduled for tomorrow and I might have to postpone them. We'll see.

Going to bed...... nitey, nite. :sleepin:

Tink&Goofy
02-11-2008, 10:50 PM
:hi: Hi Pogo! Sorry to hear you're feeling bad! Here's vitamin :pixie: - guaranteed to make you feel better!

Well I made my air ressies! (I even splurged, and we are flying first class on the return flight!:blush:) After today, I am even less concerned about the March conflict, so I didn't want to wait anymore. So now we can let the kids in on the trip!

Nobody has any desserts? How about chocolate?

drummerboy
02-11-2008, 10:56 PM
So, does that make you an oompah loompah?
Funny you should ask that after I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night. :D

I am drinking some hot chocolate right now.
Just finished some myself. :thumbsup:

I think it's time to retire. No, not re-tire with snow treads. Anybody got a good bedtime story for me?

Caroleh
02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Anybody got a good bedtime story for me?

Silence of Lamb? Nothing like a scary movie before bed!!! :D

disneydeb
02-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Good Night

Pogo, I hope you feel better my friend. Would you like some homemede chicken noodle soup?

trackbarroness
02-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Good morning JQ'ers, it looks like another beautiful day here at the world.
A great big beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day. :D Lolol
It's suppose to be in the 70's here today.
It was beautiful yesterday so I can't wait to see what the sunrise brings us today.
Pogo I hope your feeling better soon specially before you visit to the world(me) so you can ride TTA and visit Stitch if you dare. j/k Okay that's for TOT then. :D Lolol
So what's on tap for the day?

disneydeb
02-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Good morning JQ'ers, it looks like another beautiful day here at the world.
A great big beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day. :D Lolol
It's suppose to be in the 70's here today.
It was beautiful yesterday so I can't wait to see what the sunrise brings us today.
Pogo I hope your feeling better soon specially before you visit to the world(me) so you can ride TTA and visit Stitch if you dare. j/k Okay that's for TOT then. :D Lolol
So what's on tap for the day?

Sounds wonderful there! I will either freeze or sweat at wok today, our building is so old, that nothing works well in it.:( OH , What to wear?

Anybody else thinking of Ellen today?

dlpmikki
02-12-2008, 06:33 AM

I am! I spoke to her yesterday and will try to catch her before she leaves today. Anyone else wish they were going with her? :D

pogo
02-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Morning all... not much has changed here.... I'm going to cancel my two meetings today and work on my taxes. :shake:

:hi: Hi Pogo! Sorry to hear you're feeling bad! Here's vitamin :pixie: - guaranteed to make you feel better!

Well I made my air ressies! (I even splurged, and we are flying first class on the return flight! After today, I am even less concerned about the March conflict, so I didn't want to wait anymore. So now we can let the kids in on the trip!
Thanks T&G. I'm glad you are pulling your trip together. :D

Good Night

Pogo, I hope you feel better my friend. Would you like some homemede chicken noodle soup?Sure.... couldn't hurt, could it ? :ill:

Pogo I hope your feeling better soon specially before you visit to the world(me) so you can ride TTA and visit Stitch if you dare.
It will be a while before we get there... like December is the earleist. I'm looking forward to meeting you when we ride TTA ! We don't do the Stitch thing. :shake:

I will either freeze or sweat at wok today, our building is so old, that nothing works well in it.
Not even the teachers ?? :D

Anyone else wish they were going with her?
I would love to be there with her and Ben. This will be a wonderful diversion from life for them. :D

dlpmikki
02-12-2008, 07:27 AM
It will be a while before we get there... like December is the earleist. I'm looking forward to meeting you when we ride TTA ! We don't do the Stitch thing. :shake:

You are not going to be able to make April after all? :(

disneydeb
02-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Not even the teachers ?? :D

Do you know our school was recognized nationally as being one of the top 100 schools in READING achievement?

Caroleh
02-12-2008, 08:05 AM
I am! I spoke to her yesterday and will try to catch her before she leaves today. Anyone else wish they were going with her? :D

Let's see...Sandy said it was 70 there and the temp here is going to be around 14, can I sneak in Ellen's suitcase?

alpro2
02-12-2008, 08:18 AM
I've been off making oompah music.
Is it October already?

Anyone ready for a snowball fight in the morning?:thedolls:
Will you stuff the snowballs with buckeyes?

I thought it was a tube top, not a tutu. Unless its a tube top WITH a tutu. Boy that'll leave an impression in the brain!

Tube top with a tutu? My fashion sense says, " :nono: ".

Later on this week, I will be making some Reese cup brownies with peanut butter frosting for a party at work.
Great to have Deb the baker back. Do we have a choice as to which Bobsy Babe Twin we can keep? :fresh:

Pogo I hope your feeling better soon specially before you visit to the world(me) so you can ride TTA and visit Stitch if you dare. j/k Okay that's for TOT then.
Which do you like working better, Sandy, Stitch or Space Mtn?

Blythe.....countdown, please.

Mickey'sGirl
02-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Quick zoop to say :hi: hey!

What's up in the JQ world?

disneydrmr
02-12-2008, 09:34 AM
I am drinking some hot chocolate right now. Later on this week, I will be making some Reese cup brownies with peanut butter frosting for a party at work.

Hey little sis - did you forget something in that post? :nono:

Will you stuff the snowballs with buckeyes?

Great to have Deb the baker back. Do we have a choice as to which Bobsy Babe Twin we can keep? :fresh:

For you Alex we will stuff those snow balls with some ice! :D

And you KNOW what I would like to put here but I can't due to a promise made to Pogo. Would someone please help me out here.

Soooo... icky weather out there. Couple inches of snow... ice coming down now. Not a real fun drive in to work. Top speed this AM was only 35 mph. But I made it! Hope everyone else stays safe and has a good day! Busy this Am with calls to schools that promised they would be in, but now they aren't.... ugh! I'll try to zoop in from time to time.

Dsnygirl
02-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks Neighbor.... I'm still alive. When should I start to feel better ??

We thought about staying at Allstars also, but you only save about $160. And we're not worried about Mousefest. They only had about 750 people last year and WDW is huge.

I'm hoping you'll feel better right away, but probably Wednesday, at the earliest... that's how it seems to be going around here. Sending more anti-sickness :pixie: your way!

I'm actually thinking that going during the Pop-Warner thing may actually be the thing that keeps us at CBR, which is where we prefer to stay, esp. for a longer trip... it takes the All-Stars right out of the equation, which although we enjoyed it there, I'd love CBR again, esp. in the winter... I've just heard that although the kids aren't in the parks much, that when they are, it's bedlam and that they "rent out" MGM on Friday night and that's when we wanted to do the Candlelight Processional...but, after looking at the calendar, even if we left the week after Thanksgiving, we'd still be there when Pop Warner arrives... so I don't think there's really any good way to miss it. :( So... I'm thinking maybe back to our old plan... ???

Well I made my air ressies! (I even splurged, and we are flying first class on the return flight!) After today, I am even less concerned about the March conflict, so I didn't want to wait anymore. So now we can let the kids in on the trip!

Yeah!! I'm still sad you won't be there in December, but I'm glad to hear you've been able to make your March trip happen!! :)

Pogo I hope your feeling better soon specially before you visit to the world(me) so you can ride TTA and visit Stitch if you dare.
Sandy - any truth to the rumors that the TTA/SM will be closed at the end of the year for a major refurb?? :(

I am! I spoke to her yesterday and will try to catch her before she leaves today. Anyone else wish they were going with her?
:here: Me, me... I am!! I sure hope she and Ben have the BEST trip... and yes, I sure do wish we were with her, too!! Sigh... it'd be SO much better than this 10 degree weather... you think??? ;)

It will be a while before we get there... like December is the earleist. I'm looking forward to meeting you when we ride TTA !
So - is April out for you guys now?? I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling any better today... :(

Do you know our school was recognized nationally as being one of the top 100 schools in READING achievement?
Congrats!!

Tube top with a tutu? My fashion sense says, "no-no ".

Blythe.....countdown, please.
Fashion sense??? What fashion sense??? :D

Okay - here it is - 37!!

drummerboy
02-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Is it October already?

My gosh, your recovery has taken more out of you than I thought. Do you have your Halloween costume ready yet? Are you fit enough to rake the leaves yet? did you have a fun 4th of July and Labor Day?

And you KNOW what I would like to put here but I can't due to a promise made to Pogo. Would someone please help me out here.
OK, just to show what a nice helpful guy I am. Alex: :fresh:

Nascfan
02-12-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm cold, I'm tired of winter, and I never want to see another snowflake as long as I live. Blythe, is there really 37 days until spring? I'm not going to make it.

Did I read that Ellen is on her way to the World? I hope she has a wonderful time.

Where's Christine been? I don't usually have time to read all the posts but try to skim back to see who's been here.

MauiMouse
02-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Scott, I feel the same way about being sick and tired of winter. It's been so darn cold here it's unreal on top of that dumping we got last week. I'll be so happy when the thermometer reads about 32.

Ellen, if you aren't gone yet have a fantastic time. Take lots of photos. :photo:

Okay, how long does this dilating of your eyes last? It's driving me nuts. :waycool: :eyes:

pogo
02-12-2008, 01:58 PM
You are not going to be able to make April after all?
I'm sorry for you to find out this way, but no, are April plans have been tossed in the trash. :( We have had some things happen in the last couple of days that will keep us from our trip.

I so want to meet you and Mary both, so much. Alex tells me you're a great hugger, right Alex ?? :D

Patti said our December trip is in jeapordy, but we'll see.

I'm so proud of you, Sis ! :thumbsup:

Let's see...Sandy said it was 70 there and the temp here is going to be around 14, can I sneak in Ellen's suitcase?
You'd never fit !

That's my girl ! :D And here's a little something just for you ...... :fresh:

I'm actually thinking that going during the Pop-Warner thing may actually be the thing that keeps us at CBR, which is where we prefer to stay, esp. for a longer trip... it takes the All-Stars right out of the equation, which although we enjoyed it there, I'd love CBR again, esp. in the winter... I've just heard that although the kids aren't in the parks much, that when they are, it's bedlam and that they "rent out" MGM on Friday night and that's when we wanted to do the Candlelight Processional...but, after looking at the calendar, even if we left the week after Thanksgiving, we'd still be there when Pop Warner arrives... so I don't think there's really any good way to miss it. So... I'm thinking maybe back to our old plan... ???

So - is April out for you guys now?? I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling any better today...
April is out. I hope December is still on, but we have a long time to figure it out.

OK, just to show what a nice helpful guy I am. Alex: :fresh:
What a guy ! :D

Did I read that Ellen is on her way to the World? I hope she has a wonderful time.

And a cruise ! :D

Nascfan
02-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Scott, I feel the same way about being sick and tired of winter. It's been so darn cold here it's unreal on top of that dumping we got last week. I'll be so happy when the thermometer reads about 32.

Ellen, if you aren't gone yet have a fantastic time. Take lots of photos. :photo:

Okay, how long does this dilating of your eyes last? It's driving me nuts. :waycool: :eyes:

Did you have an eye test thingy done? (Boy, that's technical jargon, huh?) It doesn't last more than an afternoon I think.

Ellen's going on a cruise too? Lucky gal, and Ben!

MauiMouse
02-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry for you to find out this way, but no, are April plans have been tossed in the trash. :( We have had some things happen in the last couple of days that will keep us from our trip.

I so want to meet you and Mary both, so much.

What a bummer, I so wanted to be able to meet you and Patti too. Hopefully this summer or December.

Mikki and I will toast something for you in Magic Kingdom during the P&P Party. Just name it! How about a Dole Whip? :cool:

Did you have an eye test thingy done? (Boy, that's technical jargon, huh?) It doesn't last more than an afternoon I think.

Ellen's going on a cruise too? Lucky gal, and Ben!

Yes, and it's driving me nuts with all this white snow around here, not helping the matter. The good news is that I picked a new set of glasses, think that they look better than my dark frame. Time will tell.

dlpmikki
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Pogo, I'm sorry you and Patti have had your plans / hopes trashed. We will raise our swords to you at the P&P party (as long as the wicked step-mother does not intervene!). We will keep hoping that we will be able to meet for real in December.

Our neighbour kindly came round tonight to refix one of our roof tiles that came loose after one of our recent windy nights. Wasn't that nice of him? They stayed for a drink and then a tasty chinese takeaway (delivery) so it turned into a fun evening.

How is Tuesday for everyone else?

trackbarroness
02-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Space mtn and TTA down time is still just a rumour for now. What I've seen have been people checking the land out. To what purpose? That remains to be seen when down time will come for both attractions.
As to which I preffer to work Stitch or Space Mtn? With out a doubt Space Mtn but umm I have or had 4 little reasons to switch over to Stitch. And I find Stitch to be mellower then Space to work. Even Kirk my homeroom manager agrees with that sentiment. :D

Dsnygirl
02-12-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm sorry for you to find out this way, but no, are April plans have been tossed in the trash. We have had some things happen in the last couple of days that will keep us from our trip.
Patti said our December trip is in jeapordy, but we'll see.

Pogo, I'm sorry to hear that -- but I totally understand... December won't be a complete "yes" for us until we see how we're doing this summer. Here's to hoping for both of us.... :fingers: :pixie:

How is Tuesday for everyone else?
Kind-of crazy... had to run a bunch of errands this morning, took my mom to the dr. and found out she needs a total knee replacement in April... :( ... came home to talk with our mortgage guy and although things are fine, the numbers aren't as nice as I'd hoped... :( ... so that puts a damper on my enthusiasm for our trip. Now, they're warning of a possible snow day tomorrow, depending on how this incoming storm hits... but I have to work tonight (well, probably... it's OT, and that's never a certain thing until later tonight) and go back in tomorrow night - so I'm concerned that I may be working tomorrow night on very little sleep!! Not a good thing to do, but right now, unavoidable, if the snow/sleet hits. Dan may be able to stay home for a few hours, but it's really going to be a last-minute thing unless they don't bring me in tonight... and I hate not being able to plan ahead!! :blush: Oh well... I'm trying to stay positive and just focus on the fact that we'll probably get this house done okay, and that any OT I do is a huge bonus for us... even if I lack a little sleep. :crazy:

Sorry for all the :goodbad:... but I know you guys understand!! Glad you're still here, even when I'm not around as much!!

So - I'm off to create dinner... shrimp, rice, some olive oil, a little white wine... ought to turn into something tasty, right?? :blush:

pjbs35a
02-12-2008, 06:42 PM
What else can you expect when you mix golf and booze ???

Drunk Threatened City With TV Remote

CANBERRA (Reuters) - A drunken man's threat to blow up half a city with his television remote control forced Australian police to declare a state of emergency at a luxury golf resort, a local court heard Thursday.

Geoffrey Martin Fryatt, 57, a resident of the Fairways Golf and Lifestyle Retreat in Brisbane, was arrested by elite paramilitary police after terrifying neighbors with a knife and threatening to detonate a store of chemicals with the TV remote.

"One push of the button will blow up half of Brisbane," Fryatt shouted in the standoff last May before police in the Queensland state capital opened fire with rubber bullets.

Fryatt's lawyer told the Brisbane District Court that his client lost control after losing much of his life savings in a fraud carried out by his finance broker, local media said.

"People are genuinely scared of sudden explosions," the judge said, sentencing Fryatt to a year's probation. "Frightening members of the public with threats of bombs and bomb hoaxes has a much greater impact than it once did," she said.

Fryatt accepted probation, but said he was concerned it could interrupt plans to travel overseas to do humanitarian aid work, the Brisbane Times newspaper reported.

"Let's get you right before we send you off to a third world country," the judge said.

Caroleh
02-12-2008, 06:48 PM
You'd never fit !

Why? Are you and Alex hogging up all the space? :D

How was everyone's day? Mine was fantastic!! I got a call from the builder today..I do my pre-possestion inspection on the 26th, I finally received my new fax machine at work today(I've been without one for a month) and I did 2 store displays that I think look really nice!!!

disneydeb
02-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Good evening all. I hope everyone is having a Happy Tuesday. How many sonic burgers do you want for supper? :D

Tomorrow I will be Fairy Godmother in a ballet the children are doing at school.:pixie::pixie:
Thanks again Carol !!

Tink&Goofy
02-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Morning all... not much has changed here.... I'm going to cancel my two meetings today and work on my taxes. :shake:

Feel better! Look at this way, get your taxes done early, and maybe you will get your "rebate" early too!

Tube top with a tutu? My fashion sense says, " :nono: ".

:funny: YOUR fashion sense? Does anyone else see something wrong with this statement? :laughing:

April is out. I hope December is still on, but we have a long time to figure it out.

I hope everything is OK pogo. Hopefully you can go in December. If not, how about next March? We may make a return trip next spring break, if this one works out well. (gotta use those DVC points!)
took my mom to the dr. and found out she needs a total knee replacement in April... :(
My MIL is having her second knee replacement in April. After her first one - she said NEVER - as it was more painful than she expected. But her recovery went so well, she has changed her tune. :pixie: for your Mom!
Stop by later while you are at work - if you can.

I'm glad I went ahead with the air ressies. Looks like the conflict in March will clear (but I'm sure glad we didn't schedule for later in the year - which is now going to be busy).
So what should I make for dinner? Or should we just have leftover pizza?

Dsnygirl
02-12-2008, 11:57 PM
:search: Hello?? Anybody home?? Hello? Hello? Hello?

Sigh.... :wait:

Tink&Goofy
02-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey Blythe! Are you on the :nono: computer floor?

Beast_fanatic
02-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Just wanted to say Hi! :hi:

Ellen didn't make it out today after all due to snow, so send a little :pixie: her way that that she makes it out tomorrow, OK?

Dsnygirl
02-13-2008, 02:10 AM
Hey Blythe! Are you on the :nono: computer floor?
Nope!! I'm on the fun floor where all the babies are born!! :thumbsup: Not too bad tonight, but still busy...

How are you??? Sorry it took me so long to get back here...

Ellen didn't make it out today after all due to snow, so send a little :pixie: her way that that she makes it out tomorrow, OK?
Sending lots of anti-snow :pixie::pixie: her way... I sure hope it works out for her!!

so.... where'd you all go??? ;)

disneydeb
02-13-2008, 06:38 AM
Poor Ellen! I was hoping she made it out before before all the awful stuff hit! Was she doing WDW or the cruise on the front end?

pogo
02-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Morning all...... we have a slippery day in store for us. How's the weather there ??

I tried to post last night and then poof.... everything was gone. I don't know what happened, but I was so tired I didn't try again.... sorry. :(

Some :pixie: for Ellen and Ben that they get out of NY and have a wondeful time. :mickey:

I hope you all have a great day. :D

trackbarroness
02-13-2008, 08:20 AM
WDW was expecting T-storms yesterday into today. And we had 2 tornado watches that have expired. In fact one of expired this am at 7. They even had a problem with the alert system here. OKay who else wants to go visit the parks today? :D Besides we can sort of kind of celebrate tomorrow's holiday at the world. So which park shall we visit tomorrow? :D Or shall we visit one of the parks today and take advantage of the holiday popcorn/soda stuff. :D Why does the popcorn at the parks taste and smell better then any where else? So who wants some?

MauiMouse
02-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Just wanted to say Hi! :hi:

Oh now, that's not good. Sending :pixie: dust that they make it out today.

WDW was expecting T-storms yesterday into today. And we had 2 tornado watches that have expired. In fact one of expired this am at 7. They even had a problem with the alert system here. OKay who else wants to go visit the parks today? :D Besides we can sort of kind of celebrate tomorrow's holiday at the world. So which park shall we visit tomorrow? :D Or shall we visit one of the parks today and take advantage of the holiday popcorn/soda stuff. :D Why does the popcorn at the parks taste and smell better then any where else? So who wants some?

Me, me I'd love to visit the parks today. I've got the day off too. :D

I totally agree that the popcorn does taste so much better at the parks. I love the popcorn buckets I only have 9 of them. :D Can you send some my way?

alpro2
02-13-2008, 08:48 AM
:funny: YOUR fashion sense? Does anyone else see something wrong with this statement?

So what should I make for dinner? Or should we just have leftover pizza?
Yes.....fashion sense! Something funny about that? :D

Leftover pizza? Me thinks somebody was just a teensie bit lazy last night.

I tried to post last night and then poof.... everything was gone. I don't know what happened, but I was so tired I didn't try again.... sorry. :(

What? An excerpt from Pogo's mind, gone forever! Will we ever know his thoughts on the night of February 12? Such wisdom he posseses. I just hang on his every word. :D

Caroleh
02-13-2008, 08:58 AM
What? An excerpt from Pogo's mind, gone forever! Will we ever know his thoughts on the night of February 12? Such wisdom he posseses. I just hang on his every word. :D

Are you sure you want to know what was in Pogo's mind? I think it would very scary!!! :D

Beast_fanatic
02-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Poor Ellen! I was hoping she made it out before before all the awful stuff hit! Was she doing WDW or the cruise on the front end?

Parks first, I think (pretty positive).

Good morning all! Who wants to go to the podiatrist on my behalf? :blush: Any volunteers? :bored: I didn't think so - well, off I go! Have a great day!

trackbarroness
02-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Rhonda ask your doc how to get rid of corns on the inside of your little toes for me okay? :blush:

mtown71
02-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Or shall we visit one of the parks today and take advantage of the holiday popcorn/soda stuff. :D Why does the popcorn at the parks taste and smell better then any where else? So who wants some?

Yum!!!! Do they have any caramel corn available? I loved it when I had it out in Disneyland! Try to ride TOT for me, k?
Just zwooping in to say hi & for all to have a good day. I got to come home early yesterday due to the weather. That was good. Today, it is all ice out there. Not looking forward to driving to work.

offwego
02-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey all..Ds is still a sickie so that's kept me away from here.

Any word on Ellen yet? I hope she made it out.

Is there coffee somewhere?

MauiMouse
02-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Kind of quiet this morning/afternoon. :secret: Where is everyone?

Caroleh
02-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Kind of quiet this morning/afternoon. :secret: Where is everyone?

I was thinking the same thing. Do you think everyone is hiding in Ellen's suitcase?

offwego
02-13-2008, 03:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Do you think everyone is hiding in Ellen's suitcase?

I only wish. Do we have a clue as to where everyone else went?

Caroleh
02-13-2008, 03:08 PM

Today is Jenn's day off, Ellen is getting ready to fly out, Blythe is sleeping...I think Di might be hiding from the VP. Do you think Pogo and Alex are trying to find a place to golf that's not covered with snow?

Is the DS feeling any better yet?

offwego
02-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Is the DS feeling any better yet?

Nope..poor guy. He's not very happy with the tp folks..thinks the kittens etc are a little misleading on softness.

After 3 days should I be taking him to a dr? He never has this kind of problem for long.

Caroleh
02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Nope..poor guy. He's not very happy with the tp folks..thinks the kittens etc are a little misleading on softness.

After 3 days should I be taking him to a dr? He never has this kind of problem for long.

I think I would. Three days is getting a little too long for something to be hanging on.

It looks pretty good today outside, do you think Ellen's plane took off?

offwego
02-13-2008, 04:18 PM
I think I would. Three days is getting a little too long for something to be hanging on.

It looks pretty good today outside, do you think Ellen's plane took off?

Hmm..I called DS to say throw clothes on I'm coming to take you to the dr. and suddenly somehow instead of 5 instances since I left it's now only 1. So I guess he is getting much better. At least till I get home that is.

Now does anyone have any advice as to how not to lose ones temper at ones 12 year old? Patience alone is not going to cut it here.

pogo
02-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Kind of quiet this morning/afternoon. Where is everyone?

Well if you ladies would quit yapping us guys would try to say something ! Right Alex ?? :D

Yep ! :yes:

Now does anyone have any advice as to how not to lose ones temper at ones 12 year old? Patience alone is not going to cut it here.

I sure do ! Walk in there and imagine him in worse shape ! Count your blessings with your son..... he's one fine lad ! :thumbsup:

offwego
02-13-2008, 04:47 PM
I sure do ! Walk in there and imagine him in worse shape ! Count your blessings with your son..... he's one fine lad ! :thumbsup:

Well at least that made me smile. And theres the pleasant thought of not spending hours at a walk in clinic. Which may be the real blessing here.

So what other words do you have for us pogo?

MauiMouse
02-13-2008, 04:55 PM
It actually wound up being a exciting afternoon here in the big city. We just had a rescue off the ice. Well I think it was a rescue they just came in, the Coast Guard with I think someone. Hopefully they are okay. It's a nice day here actually & that brought out all the fishermen. Anyone else has a parking lot ourside their house?

pogo
02-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Well at least that made me smile. And theres the pleasant thought of not spending hours at a walk in clinic. Which may be the real blessing here.

So what other words do you have for us pogo?
Not much..... what would you like to hear ?? :D

It actually wound up being a exciting afternoon here in the big city. We just had a rescue off the ice. Well I think it was a rescue they just came in, the Coast Guard with I think someone. Hopefully they are okay. It's a nice day here actually & that brought out all the fishermen. Anyone else has a parking lot ourside their house?
I love to fish............. but ....... you will never catch me ice fishing ! :shake:
I get all the ice I need right out of the icemaker on our fridge ! :D

MauiMouse
02-13-2008, 05:05 PM
I love to fish............. but ....... you will never catch me ice fishing ! :shake:
I get all the ice I need right out of the icemaker on our fridge ! :D

Same here, my nephew wants to go out and see the "crack" where all the ice is piled up which is at least 16 feet tall. I'm a chicken and might go maybe half way there, but that's it. They are at least 1-2 miles off shore right now. No thanks. :shake: It does look pretty when they all start coming in with their lights on. Like I-75 south bound, or would that be north?

offwego
02-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Same here, my nephew wants to go out and see the "crack" where all the ice is piled up which is at least 16 feet tall. I'm a chicken and might go maybe half way there, but that's it. They are at least 1-2 miles off shore right now. No thanks. :shake: It does look pretty when they all start coming in with their lights on. Like I-75 south bound, or would that be north?

So Mary which lake are you on?

MauiMouse
02-13-2008, 05:22 PM
So Mary which lake are you on?

Lake Huron or really Saginaw Bay. It does get interesting ever so often around here.

Remember the Bay City Rollers? That's where I work & live just north of Bay City.

Caroleh
02-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Well if you ladies would quit yapping us guys would try to say something ! Right Alex ?? :D

We were quiet today, just waiting for you guys to do all the talking!!! See what happens, it's very quiet!!

I have a cooking class tonight, do you think I'll ever actually learn to cook?

pogo
02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
I have a cooking class tonight, do you think I'll ever actually learn to cook?

I hope so for Gilles sake. :)

Anybody know if Ellen and Ben got out of NY today ? I hope so ! :D

Caroleh
02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
I hope so for Gilles sake. :)

Anybody know if Ellen and Ben got out of NY today ? I hope so ! :D

He does the cooking not me!!! :D I take the classes and hand him the recipes!! I won a gift bag at class tonight. One of the things in the bag was award winning Spanish olive oil and some really good sweet Spanish paprika.

From what I hear, they have arrived at WDW!!!

Where is everyone tonight?

disneydeb
02-13-2008, 10:58 PM
When will Ellen and Ben continue on their magnificent journey - the sea version?

Who all placed themselves in Ellen's suitcase and what will she do when she finds no clothes packed, but many of us in her suitcase?

:DSuprise Ellen!

Hows will we redecorate her house?

Any plans?

drummerboy
02-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Yay for Ellen and Ben.

Anybody want to go to my Chamber board meeting for me in the morning?

Tink&Goofy
02-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Yes.....fashion sense! Something funny about that? :D

I guess fashion sense does not necessarily mean good sense. :D

Yah! I hope they have a great, carefree time!

Pogo - are you feeling better?

Blythe - are you working tonight?

Beast_fanatic
02-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Rhonda ask your doc how to get rid of corns on the inside of your little toes for me okay? :blush:

Sorry Sandy! I left immediately after posting and didn't see your question until just now. Have you tried corn pads? I have no idea if they work, but I've seen them at the store.

Hey all..Ds is still a sickie so that's kept me away from here.

:pixie: on the way! Is he feeling better yet?

disneydeb
02-14-2008, 06:56 AM
Pogo, I hope you feel better soon.

I hope my buddies a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY today.:grouphug:

Will you spread the love around today? :thumbsup:

pogo
02-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Good mornig all and.....

Happy :heart: Valentines Day !

Roses are red
violets are blue
I truely love
my friends in "JQ" !

:fworks:..........:trio:.........:fworks:

Did you know I was a poet ??? :D

Good.... I hope they have a great time. :mickey:

Hows will we redecorate her house?

:shake:

Pogo - are you feeling better?

Pogo, I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks you two.... I'm feeling much better !

And a special :fresh: to Diane !

Caroleh
02-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!! Have a great day!! Gilles and I aren't going to be doing anything since he has to work late and I have class. We figure the house is a big enough gift!!!

:hug:I really do love you all!!!

Ken, do you think Pogo and Alex have their valentines made since we would give them sharp scissors?

offwego
02-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Yay for Ellen and Ben.

Nope I had mine yesterday.

:pixie: on the way! Is he feeling better yet?

Yes he's off to school today. Which is nice. I'm still feeling a little :sick: though. I hope everyone has a lovely Valentines day. Anyone have any major plans?

Mickey'sGirl
02-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Morning everyone! :hi:

:pixie: for poor William....and :pixie: for Ellen and Ben's trip. I hope they have a fabulous time.

Anyone else receive port filled chocolates from a co-worker? VEry tasty.....:mickey:

drummerboy
02-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Ken, do you think Pogo and Alex have their valentines made since we would give them sharp scissors?
We have a special on DDP blunt scissors this week. Might take a while, but you can get things cut.

Anyone else receive port filled chocolates from a co-worker? VEry tasty.....:mickey:
Port filled? Wow, I bet after a few dozen of those, a person wouldn't care how many calories they have.

MauiMouse
02-14-2008, 11:32 AM

Where is everyone tonight?

Yeah for Ellen & Ben. Glad to hear that they have arrived.

I was watching the Coast Guard helicopter looking for people on the ice. Thank goodness nobody was left out there.

Been there and done that, no thanks.

Not port filled, but we did get a very nice box of chocolates from the boss. It's from the Sweet Boutique and I'm sure they are very tasty and probaby expensive.

Back at work today, so everyone have a good Valentines & a good Thursday.

Will someone be my Valentine?

disneydrmr
02-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Howdy all! Happy Valentines Day to everyone! (even you Pogo :fresh:)

I was off sick yesterday and called off today also since the first day you call in as an unpaid point day.. but the second consecutive one you get no point and you get paid.. kinda makes you HAVE to take at least two days off.. so I'm home today. Got an upper respitory infection. Very bad headache today. I did manage to throw a pot roast into the crockpot for dinner tonight. Anyone wanna come and join us for dinner? I have it in a Coke and Chili sauce 'marinade'...

OH! I have a 'special' recipe for Jym and Pogo... found it in my Loretta Lynn cookbook. Should I post it?

offwego
02-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Hope you feel better Di. Dinner sounds good.

We are having always poplular leftovers!

What fun that should be..and a trip to the grocery store. Clearly lacking a little something in the romance department don't you think?

disneydrmr
02-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Hope you feel better Di. Dinner sounds good.

We are having always poplular leftovers!

What fun that should be..and a trip to the grocery store. Clearly lacking a little something in the romance department don't you think?

Hmmm... depends... are you having those leftovers by candlelight? That would make it romantic. And you could always dress up to go to the grocery store. :D I do hope your day finds a little romance in it. Dh got me a card. I got him a card and a small box of Reese's mini peanut butter cups (they were on sale!) That was/is the extent of our valentine's day.

ICK! My house really needs to be cleaned. There's enough doggie fur on my carpet to create a fur coat... since I'm not feeling well, would any of my JQ friends like to come and run the vaccum for me?

disneydrmr
02-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Here's the recipe for Jym and Pogo.. maybe you guys would like to make it for your wives for your Valentine's Day dinners...

Butcher Holler Possum

1 good sized possum
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup chopped chestnuts
1/2 stick butter, thinly sliced
4 sweet potatoes, cubed or cut into 1/2 inche thick pieces
1 cup water
1/2 cup lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Skin and clean the possum by removing all the innards. Scrape the inside clean and scald in boiling water. Season the inside with salt and pepper to taste. Mix the breadcrumbs, applesauce, and chestnuts in a bowl. Stuff the breadcrumb mixture and butter slices inside the possum. Place in a dutch oven. Add the sweet potatoes, water and lemon juice. Bake in the oven until tender, basting often.

Hmmm... why do I suddenly not feel very hungry? :sick:

dlpmikki
02-14-2008, 01:19 PM
I wish I had gone out to dinner before reading that recipie! However I think I can be sure our candlelight dinner for two will not have possum as an offering! Andrew gave me a Mickey beanie this morning that he got from the London Disney store yesterday. It wasn't a valentine one because they only had Pooh valentines but he was all dressed up for his wedding. Wasn't that sweet of Andrew? I wonder why they didn't have any Figaro plushes (let alone valentines) - we should start a campaign to get more Figaro's!

Nascfan
02-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Butcher Holler Possum

1 good sized possum
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup lemon juice

Skin and clean the possum by removing all the innards. Scrape the inside clean and scald in boiling water. Season the inside with salt and pepper to taste. Mix the breadcrumbs, applesauce, and chestnuts in a bowl. Stuff the breadcrumb mixture and butter slices inside the possum. Place in a dutch oven. Add the sweet potatoes, water and lemon juice. Bake in the oven until tender, basting often.

Hmmm... why do I suddenly not feel very hungry? :sick:

Oh that's just disgusting.

Happy Valentine's Day to the JQ gang!

Where's the heart-shaped cookies?

Tink&Goofy
02-14-2008, 01:35 PM
:hi:Hey Everyone! I'm around for a rare mid day zoop! Actually, I had to pick up a not-feeling-good kid at school, so I am at home before heading back into finish my work day.
Here's the recipe for Jym and Pogo.. maybe you guys would like to make it for your wives for your Valentine's Day dinners...

Butcher Holler Possum

1 good sized possum
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup lemon juice

OMG - are you serious? This was in a cookbook? :faint: I'm sure Jym and Pogo already have the recipe - or have created their own! :D

Well the morning detour home forced me to cancel my morning appointment, which means I am no longer in the area to have lunch with DH. :( Maybe we will have time over the 3 day weekend.

The kids will find out about our trip tonight. :secret: I bought these puzzle cards that you write on with invisible ink. Then they have to put the cards together, and use a "decoder" pen to show the message. So listen for the roar! It may be deafening!

drummerboy
02-14-2008, 01:51 PM

Butcher Holler Possum

1 good sized possum

How did I just know that Loretta Lynn would have a possum recipe in her cookbook? She must be friends with Alex and Pogo. Although Pogo might take humbrage at someone cooking his namesake.

pogo
02-14-2008, 02:40 PM
OH! I have a 'special' recipe for Jym and Pogo... found it in my Loretta Lynn cookbook. Should I post it?
Can we stop you from doing it ?? :confused:

Natalie...... It takes two to create romance. If you r DH doesn't do it for you, then you do it for him. Keep the fire lit ! :D

Hmmm... depends... are you having those leftovers by candlelight? That would make it romantic. And you could always dress up to go to the grocery store. I do hope your day finds a little romance in it.
I'm so proud of you !:D

Butcher Holler Possum

1 good sized possum
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup lemon juice

Here's a better one.....

Get in Jym's Cobra :car: drive 65 MPH in a 30 MPH zone..... run over possum.... scoop it up.... take it to Wolfgangs.... and drink loads of Scotch until dinner is served ! Right Jym ??

Andrew gave me a Mickey beanie this morning that he got from the London Disney store yesterday. It wasn't a valentine one because they only had Pooh valentines but he was all dressed up for his wedding. Wasn't that sweet of Andrew?
I didn't know Andy was a romantic little devil ! Good for him ! I can't wait to meet him ! :D

Oh that's just disgusting.
Don't kock it until you tried it. :yes:

Well the morning detour home forced me to cancel my morning appointment, which means I am no longer in the area to have lunch with DH. Maybe we will have time over the 3 day weekend.
Romance is in the heart T&G.... not in a lunch. You and him can play footies while the family has dinner together. The kiddies will never know ! :D

How did I just know that Loretta Lynn would have a possum recipe in her cookbook?
Could it be because she is from Butcher Holler ? :D

Dsnygirl
02-14-2008, 04:41 PM
:heart: :grouphug: Happy Valentine's Day to all my JQ buddies!! :grouphug::heart:

You guys are just the best, and I hope you're all having a wonderful day!! :D

Blythe - are you working tonight?
I was, and can I tell you -- it was one of the craziest nights for me ever. Too long of a story to go into, but for 12 hrs, I took care of a young girl who has absolutely no support in her life... she was going through a tremendously difficult situation, and no one was there for her and every time she'd call someone, they'd just refuse to help or support her... it was so sad. I'm sure she created a lot of the situation b/c of poor choices/attitude, etc., and that living w/ her has not been easy, but to watch her struggle through this alone and know that no one seemed to care or want to be there for her even a little bit... so sad. I left this morning still unsure what would happen with her, and knowing that my hands were tied. :( I know you can't fix people's lives or their families, but let me tell you - I will never look at the term "dysfunctional families" the same way again, and it left me so grateful for the wonderful people I have in my life!!

I hope everyone has a lovely Valentines day. Anyone have any major plans?
Nope, nothing major, but just a quiet, hopefully relaxing night with the girls and then with DH... he's got a favorite meal of ours that he enjoys cooking, so he's the chef tonight... we'll exchange little things w/ the girls and get them tucked in and hopefully then just curl up to watch the end of our movie and relax together... with all this extra time I'm picking up, it'll feel good to just be home!

Anyone else receive port filled chocolates from a co-worker? VEry tasty.....
Now that just sounds wonderful... I could've used a few of them last night!! :blush:

Butcher Holler Possum

:sick: No thanks... think I'll just stick with our current dinner plans...

The kids will find out about our trip tonight. I bought these puzzle cards that you write on with invisible ink. Then they have to put the cards together, and use a "decoder" pen to show the message. So listen for the roar! It may be deafening!
That is such a cool way to let them know... I'll have to try to remember that for the future!! We'll be listening for the roar....
I don't know how you manage to keep it a secret for so long... but I'd love to try with our December trip. Of course, we've already talked about it, but as nothing is set in stone yet, if I could actually stop talking about it totally, they'd probably forget. Hmmmm....

Okay, gotta run - still have a few things to do around here before dinner. Hope you're all having a great day - I'll try to zoop inlater!!

offwego
02-14-2008, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Dsnygirl;1547817:sick: No thanks... think I'll just stick with our current dinner plans...

Okay, gotta run - still have a few things to do around here before dinner. Hope you're all having a great day - I'll try to zoop inlater!![/QUOTE]
That idea of di's does make my left overs sound good. Sorry that you had such a rough night and I hope your night with your family makes up for it.

So since it's a holiday of sorts do we get cake instead of cookies?

drummerboy
02-14-2008, 05:36 PM
So since it's a holiday of sorts do we get cake instead of cookies?
How 'bout donuts? I got some today at the grocery along with the healthy stuff like orange juice and milk.

Better eat 'em fast though, 'cause we're packing up again for a new trip.

Everybody ready?

Let's gooooooooooo...