PDA

View Full Version : Any Rv'ers out there?

Dopey's Girl
01-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Some friends just invited me to go along with them in their new RV to Disney World. Any one have feedback for me?

I'm kind of an "indoor" girl so camping isn't my favorite thing, but I will be in Disney World, so it can't be bad right?!

Any tips/hints for me?

:thanks:

Hammer
01-20-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't have any tips, but I am moving this to the Camping forum where you should get more feedback.

ibrowse17
01-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Go, and have a great time. Camping at Ft. Wilderness is nothing like you think it would be. My wife is not much of a camper either, but LOVES it at FW. You will have all the comforts of home in the RV, plus a great campground that offers so much to do. This is great offer, so do not miss out on something you may not have done on your own:thumbsup:

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah i agree Fort Wilderness is not just a campground there is tons to do the hoopdeedoo revue and trailsnend for food biking,hiking,boating,fishing,the campfires,movies and more or just kick back and enjoy the fresh air i could go on all day if you have the chance definately take it i will be very surprised if you don't like it :number1::thumbsup::camp:

LONESTAR
01-20-2008, 08:23 PM
As long as you are close enough to the people to stay in there rv with them. Then go its great you will love it.

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 11:07 PM
that was one thin i didn't think of a rv depending on size can be like a small apartment or like a closet depending on how well you get along with the people you would be going with also how long are you going for ???? these are things i would consider close quaters and sleeping arangements ,showering and as already said how well you know the people you are going with if none of these are a concern then i would definetly go and enjoy could be a new and fun trip :mickey:

LONESTAR
01-20-2008, 11:15 PM
As far as bathing and the restroom dont worry. The comfort stations are very clean with big showers.

Dopey's Girl
01-20-2008, 11:16 PM
I know them quite well...I went with them on a 3 night Wonder cruise, and then we spent some time at WDW together. We have also gone to Vegas together. The RV is pretty big, at least by my standards, it's 43 feet. I will be on the couch in the living room, but that isn't a big deal. I sleep like I belong in the Haunted Mansion!

How are the confort stations? I have issues with public restrooms, and that is one of my biggest comcerns!

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 11:29 PM
As just said by the post ahead of yours they are really good most of them havebeen redone recently we only have 2 of us and to save time waiting on hot water rv's don't have big tanks usually i use disney's showers some times plus depending on how long we stay we use the laundry there also all has been very good for us so i guess all that is left is to enjoy the magic and have fun :vacation:

Dopey's Girl
01-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Cool!

NJ Camper
01-22-2008, 10:39 PM
You will not be disappionted i have been to boston ,mrytle beach,pocono's and many others but NONE and i mean NONE can compare to disney for a campground VERY clean,lots to do in the camp with out even going to parks you could spend a week just doing things in the camp enjoy have fun and it will be a magical trip :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
01-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks NJ Camper!!! I just got back from WDW (se stayed at POFQ) a few weeks ago, and needless to say I was already ready to head back, so when this oppertunity came I was really excited! I was never really a camper, but now I'm excited to check another Disney property off the list!!

Any other tips or suggestions are most appreciated!!!:mickey:

yacht45
01-24-2008, 04:35 PM
By all means go! My idea of roughing it (camping) is a/c & cable tv, in my travel trailer. My DW says if you going to camp, go to Disney World.
Next trip Nov 2008

TinaAndGlenn
01-24-2008, 10:02 PM
My DD likes to take long hot showers, so even though we have nice camping accommodations, she uses the comfort stations. On our most recent trip, I packed her a little $$ Store bucket that I filled with sample sizes of her favorite soaps & shampoos. That way she could cart it with her to the shower & not worry if the bottom of her bucket got wet on the shower floor. She did encounter a "fight" while in the shower. 2 sisters were arguing with their mom & throwing shampoo bottles, etc over her stall- back & forth. It was funnier than it sounds, you aften see some funny family sights while in the " Happiest Place on Earth", but this was the 1st time she saw one in the bathroom!

DNS
02-10-2008, 12:24 PM
I always said my idea of roughing it was putting down a sleeping bag in the lobby of a grand hotel, but FW is really nice.

NJ Camper
02-10-2008, 12:34 PM
FW is by far the best campround we have been to we have 2 dogs and because of them bought a TT they have been to disney alot now as seniors one 13 and the other 12 they still get excited every time we go now they spend alot more time sleeping in our trailer then anything else but we have never kenneled them and COULDN'T ever leave them out of our vacations they are not just dogs they are our family :mickey: