PDA

View Full Version : Best Change/Enhancement for HM Refurb

DisFan01
01-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Okay. I just got an idea for a poll. If this was recently done, you can close it. What is your favorite change/enhancement in the Haunted Mansion Refurb? If you pick other, please tell us! :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
01-19-2008, 09:22 PM
This is a good poll. I don't really know which trumps the other, but all are cool.

Altair
01-19-2008, 09:58 PM
What did they change in the stretch room? I didn't notice any.:confused:

DisFan01
01-19-2008, 10:06 PM
They enhanced the sound greatly, also adding some sound effects.

WDWfanatic742
01-19-2008, 10:11 PM
The creaking elevator, the ghost host audio going around on all the speakers in the room, among other things.

Polynesian Dweller
01-19-2008, 11:02 PM
In general this was a very good rehab with everything being an improvement. I chose the endless stairs because it was the most complete change of an area. Its a major improvement over the previous unrealistic spiders.

dolphinmickey9170
01-20-2008, 06:11 AM
I really liked ALL the changes. The endless stairs are cool, the screaming heads that popped up are quieter now so you can hear the music in the graveyard, Leota's head is awesome! However, the bride in the attic tops them all. I'm just glad they didn't remove the hidden mickey I have grown to love in the attic. It's hard to see, but it's still there in the left hand of the ghost on the right just before you exit the attic.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-20-2008, 09:34 AM
I loved the endless stairs, but the attic-bride scene blew me away!! Absolutely chilling and creepy and very well themed:D

devoted93
01-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Definitely the endless stairs. That blew me away when I first saw it.

DigitalDaredevil
01-22-2008, 03:09 AM
That is a tough one. I think overall the attic scene is the greatest improvement, but the endless stairs is the most needed and it was done very well.

Diznee4Me
01-22-2008, 08:12 AM
I really liked the attic scene. So much to see and the "portraits" of the bridal party were very well done. :thumbsup:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Close call for me but I went with the endless stairs over the bride.

CaptSmee
01-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Everything was an awesome upgrade, but I went with the stairs...so cool compared to the giant webs & spiders that were there before!

Eeyore Phan
01-23-2008, 10:01 PM
I picked the endless stairs. I avoided all the spoilers on what they did with the re-hab so I'd be surprised when I got to check it out the first time.

I was wowed by it when we rode in November. All in all, the Mansion looked fantastic overall as well. It's def a MUST VISIT once again when we head back in March!!!

katzctkpt
01-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Can't wait to see the new refurb. It was closed when we were there back in June. This is one of my favorite rides.

IloveDisney71
01-24-2008, 08:35 AM
I voted for the endless stairs because it was so unexpected but the Bride/attic was a close second. I loved it!!!!!

Ian
01-24-2008, 12:50 PM
For me it's a three way tie between the endless stairs, the eyes in the wallpaper, and the attic scene. I ended up choosing the endless stairs just because I think it's the area the most dramatically improved.

The attic was pretty cool before, but those cheesy spider webs were kinda lame.

Although I will say that just the overall refreshment of the attraction is pretty awesome, too. I love the fact that the plexi between you and the ballroom scene is all new. It looks so clear!! Also ... the new AA's in the ballroom are terrific.

crazeedizneefinatic
01-24-2008, 01:27 PM
It was really hard to choose but I chose other. I really liked the beginning of the ride with the huge window on the left and the portraits on the right and when the thunder cracked and the lighting struck the portraits turned into skeletons! I wish they would sell those portraits! I sure wish the rumor of a gift shop being added was true. The cart outside the mansion only sells nightmare before christmas merchandise (not that I don't like the movie, its great but how does it fit in at WDW?) and a few mansion items, soundtrack, license plate. I would really love to see some great HM souveniers when you exit the ride!

DisneyorBust
01-24-2008, 06:46 PM
My vote went to the 'Endless Stairs'....what a cool effect! This was a difficult poll, as I really love all of the changes. I guess that I need to return and take another look!:D

LoriMistress
01-24-2008, 10:14 PM
There were many things that DH and I enjoyed of the new HM refurbishments:

The stretching room were a huge plus! The audio were amazing. The CMs would allow my DH and I to stay in the stretching room a bit, after the crowds left, to hear the scary messages the ghosts would say.

Leota's Room was amazing! Though, it reminded me a lot of DLR version, but the technology has improved greatly.

Attic/Bride Scene is just stunning! When DH first saw it (he wanted absolutely no spoilers), his response after seeing the bride--he turned to me with huge eyes and said, "That b**** was scary!!!"

Graveyard Soundtrack Enhancement were great, of course. The audio is in sync with everything.

Endless Stairs was pretty good. I really enjoyed this new scene, though you could clearly see the mirrors. Hopefully, Disney will fix that up in time.

The Blinking Eyes in the Wallpaper was pretty poor, compared to DLR version IMHO.

GrmGrninGost
01-25-2008, 10:54 AM
The new bride is WICKED! :hmghost:

TinkerbellFan16
01-25-2008, 11:49 AM
I loved the endless stairs, but the attic-bride scene blew me away!! Absolutely chilling and creepy and very well themed:D

amen brother.lol.i totally agree!!!!

AdventurerKim
01-26-2008, 02:58 PM
I saw the new refurb in November, and I didn't read any comments on Intercot beforehand because I wanted to see it for myself. For once, Disney did something right to a ride! (Although I like what they did with POTC) I thought all of the refurb was great and just enhanced my favorite ride. The attic enhancements made the ride more "modern" as does Leota's room. I really like her floating crystal ball. The Imagineers definitely kept with the old spirit of the ride. :thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-26-2008, 04:46 PM
I loved the endless stairs but, the attic scene was just awesome!!:thumbsup:

goofyrules
01-26-2008, 05:35 PM
i havent been on it since the refurb

dumbo ears
01-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I really like the stair case scene. its so cool to see the stairs goin off in different directions.

cujo31
02-01-2008, 09:56 AM
If you get to linger in the stretch room long enough, they have a special message for you...right after the giggling.

CU Tiger
02-01-2008, 09:07 PM
This was a hard choice. They did a very good job with this refirb!:thumbsup: :mickey:

DrWorm2008
02-04-2008, 06:39 PM
I voted for the endless stairs....I loved that new addition!!! :thumbsup: But I also liked the new pictures in the very beginning that change when the lightning flashes. :mickey:

DrWorm2008
02-04-2008, 06:42 PM
It was really hard to choose but I chose other. I really liked the beginning of the ride with the huge window on the left and the portraits on the right and when the thunder cracked and the lighting struck the portraits turned into skeletons! I wish they would sell those portraits! I sure wish the rumor of a gift shop being added was true. The cart outside the mansion only sells nightmare before christmas merchandise (not that I don't like the movie, its great but how does it fit in at WDW?) and a few mansion items, soundtrack, license plate. I would really love to see some great HM souveniers when you exit the ride!

I totally agree! The pictures were awesome! :thumbsup: And I also agree with your wanting a gift shop! I would buy the place out! :mickey:

Crow
02-04-2008, 10:47 PM
the stairs
cause i like MC Ecsher references

DisneyDD2
02-05-2008, 09:46 AM
I wasn't aware that there were so many enhancements. Thanks for pointing them out. My DW was glad to get rid of the big spiders. And for me the most notable one was the Endless Stairs. I'm going with that one.

splashtest
02-05-2008, 10:15 AM
I'll let you know in April!!!

porfer08
02-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Stairs, definitely. Those spiders were weird.

Buzz_Burbank
02-06-2008, 03:54 AM
Getting rid of the flapping black trash bag in the dining room fire place was an improvement I guess. That was possibly the worst effect in all of WDW. I know that a lot of you really love this attraction but in reality I'll never understand it. For me, HM along with POTC are the two biggest flops at MK. I think that it might be a more effective use of space for both attractions to be demo'd and their areas used for additional stroller parking :thedolls:

BTW, j/k.

sillyolbear
02-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Hard to pick one, but I think the overall audio/sound refurb/upgrade makes the whole attraction.