PDA

View Full Version : Park opening ceremony

PrincessASquared
01-19-2008, 11:00 AM
What time would the park opening ceremony be at MK if they have the AM extra magic hour?:mickey:

madi47
01-19-2008, 11:44 AM
I thought they did the opening ceremony at the normal time still. I could be wrong. I'm sure someone will be along soon to help

Airblue1
01-19-2008, 01:20 PM
What does the park opening ceremony entail?

McGoofy
01-19-2008, 01:26 PM
What time would the park opening ceremony be at MK if they have the AM extra magic hour?:mickey:

I was there for EMH at MK last May, and the opening ceremony was before EMH.

What does the park opening ceremony entail?

It's really sweet. They sing a medley of songs. Several characters ride out on the train. There is a countdown and then lots of streamers/confetti go off. It's a neat way to start the day at MK.

Airblue1
01-19-2008, 02:43 PM
If the park is to open at the normal time about when does this ceremony take place? It sounds really cool.

McGoofy
01-19-2008, 06:38 PM
It's always right before the park opens, and the ceremony is under 10 minutes. Depending on what time of year you go, if it's not busy, you can get down front fairly easily. If it's a busier time of year, and you wait until 10 minutes before, you may not be able to see so well. I know a link where you can see videos other people have posted of the opening ceremony, but due to terms of service, I cannot post it. PM me if you haven't figured out where I am talking about.;)

I don't know why, but I always get tears in my eyes when I watch the opening ceremony! I think it is just because I am so happy to be back at MK! :mickey:

Altair
01-19-2008, 07:25 PM
If the park is to open at the normal time about when does this ceremony take place? It sounds really cool.

Be off the monorail by 8:45.:mickey:

Tink#64
01-20-2008, 01:00 AM
We've only managed to see the opening ceremony at MK 1x, and that was the only day that I overslept! :sleepin: :alarm: It was so cool! :cool:
We try to be on hand for opening every day & we're usually just a few minutes too late! :sad:

Main Street Jim
01-20-2008, 08:11 AM
No show on EMH mornings (except during the holidays); it's audio only. No train, no characters, just a quick little countdown.

"Regular" mornings, the morning show begins 12 minutes before scheduled park opening. So for a 9:00 open, the show begins at 8:48am. Be *inside* the turnstiles by 8:30am; otherwise, it gets pretty crowded in that forecourt area in front of the train station.

A family is RANDOMLY chosen to help open the park, and is taken out to ToonTown station for a private meet'n'greet beforehand with all of the characters for the show. We then load 'em all up on the train. At Main Street Station, one of the MS citizens make their opening speech, the dancers come out, the train rolls in, the countdown begins, and confetti flies ;)