PDA

View Full Version : Towel question

PrincessASquared
01-19-2008, 10:56 AM
My family and I are going to be at Disney for eight days next month. We are staying in a studio at SSR. Since we will not have a washer and dryer in the room, and Mousekeeping comes on the fourth day. Will we have to use the same towels until Mousekeeping comes or will they supply us with new towels every day? I realize there is a community laundry room but we would rather not spend half a day doing laundry. Thanks

DVC Mike
01-19-2008, 12:30 PM
If you booked a cash reservation with CRO, you will get daily housekeeping.

If you book a reservation using points or a cash reservation with DVC member services, you will get limited housekeeping. For stays of 7 nights or less, Trash & Towel service is provided on day 4. For stays of 8 or more nights, Full Cleaning service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel service is provided on day 8. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12.

dlpmikki
01-19-2008, 02:20 PM
You can pay to have extra towels but it is probably simpler to reuse somewhat and then use the communal laundry.

DisneyGiant
01-20-2008, 11:41 PM
We always pay for the extra towels - we got tired of washing the towels every day.

I think its $12 a day.

Hammer
01-21-2008, 09:29 AM
I found some information Carol (PolyGirl40) posted for the fees for additional housekeeping. These prices are from Sept/Oct 2007-

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00
1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel

Coffee Package, $3.00
1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners

Towel Package, $6.00
4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

Laundry Detergent
(only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Housekeeping Daily Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $25.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $30.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $40.00 per day requested
Grand Villa - $60.00 per day requested
Trash & Towel - $10.00 per day requested.

Through the looking Glass
01-28-2008, 12:30 PM
You can try to grab a few extra towels at the pool. This has worked for us in the past.

Sharon1026
02-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes, you only get new towels on day 4. This is my biggest gripe with dvc. My hubby gets mad that if you book as a hotel, you get daily service, but with dvc you don't. You'd think they could let you swap out towels...

We just tough it out until day 4.

Terk24
02-28-2008, 03:38 PM
I suggest finding a maids cart! :secret: This was even slightly mentioned by our tour guide.

TinksDH
02-29-2008, 02:04 PM
How many people change their towels every day at home?? I would guess that most don't do that even every 4 days. If so, you must all be doing a HECK of a lot of laundry!

If new towels every day at a DVC property are that important, then I guess you can either book cash or pay the daily fee. Please keep doing that so my dues don't go up in order to pay for extra room cleaning service. It is a "home away from home" after all...

Tigger&Stitch
02-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Wow - seriously? What are you doing with your towels? I'm already clean when I use mine, so...they aren't "dirty" every day, just wet.

Save the planet and reuse a towel.

dolphinmickey9170
02-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Wow - seriously? What are you doing with your towels? I'm already clean when I use mine, so...they aren't "dirty" every day, just wet.

Save the planet and reuse a towel.

I couldn't have said it better.:mickey:

Terk24
02-29-2008, 09:45 PM
I'll give you a few days use on a bath towel :thumbsup:....but Last time I checked...you are not clean when you use your wash cloth :sick: and even a a hand towel needs a change after two days. :ack:

goofy4mickey
02-29-2008, 10:10 PM
I'll give you a few days use on a bath towel ....but Last time I checked...you are not clean when you use your wash cloth and even a a hand towel needs a change after two days.

Not to mention there aren't enough hooks or towel bars in many of the resorts to hang up the towels to keep them clean.

Tigger&Stitch
03-01-2008, 12:16 AM
I'll give you a few days use on a bath towel :thumbsup:....but Last time I checked...you are not clean when you use your wash cloth :sick: and even a a hand towel needs a change after two days. :ack:

Simple! Use a bath sponge.

And hopefully your hands are clean when using the hand towel...?

Terk24
03-01-2008, 07:21 AM
this cracks me up at how off topic we are.

dmosher
03-01-2008, 04:47 PM
I get what everone is saying with this and despite being off topic I have to agree that the whole towels everyday is a conservation problem. If you disagree, next time your in any room bathroom look at the little sign/placard with Jiminy Cricket on it. It is usually on the sink or back of the toilet and says the following:

EVERY LITTLE BIT MAKES A DIFFERENCE

<b>
Every day tons of detergents and millions of gallons of water are used to wash towels that have only been used once.
<p>
DECIDE FOR YOURSELF
If you would like to reuse your towel, please hang it over the shower rod.

I know this tends to be seen in the non DVC rooms, but seriously consider it next time you take a shower and dry off.
Thanks,
:pipes:
D

dlpmikki
03-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I get what everone is saying with this and despite being off topic I have to agree that the whole towels everyday is a conservation problem. If you disagree, next time your in any room bathroom look at the little sign/placard with Jiminy Cricket on it. It is usually on the sink or back of the toilet and says the following:

<b>
Every day tons of detergents and millions of gallons of water are used to wash towels that have only been used once.
<p>
DECIDE FOR YOURSELF

I know this tends to be seen in the non DVC rooms, but seriously consider it next time you take a shower and dry off.
Thanks,
D

It's in the DVC rooms as well.

I think the original question has been answered. Some of the responses have come too close to suggesting cheating the system. I'm not sure how off topic we are as it is explaining why things are how they are.

I seem to recall that one reason there are not towels every day is to make it more like home - and it is more environmentally friendly. I don't wash my towels every day at home - why do it when on vacation?

Please play nice!

TinksDH
03-01-2008, 10:53 PM
I seem to recall that one reason there are not towels every day is to make it more like home - and it is more environmentally friendly. I don't wash my towels every day at home - why do it when on vacation?

Please play nice!

And to make it cost effective. Unlike a hotel room, where you are paying a per night charge that takes care of the housekeeping service, the housekeeping service on the DVC side technically comes out of the maintenance fees. That's why the additional trash/towel/housekeeping service has a cost associated with it.

I'm not saying that this service shouldn't be offered - I think it's great that it IS offered, and that there is an additional charge associated with it. My position as an owner is, however, that since I don't wash my towels every day at home, I surely don't need to while on vacation nor do I want to pay for it. If I WANTED housekeeping service every day, and turn down service, and fresh towels, and new glasses, then I'd stay in a hotel room and NOT a timeshare. Besides, there are washer/dryers either in the unit or on-site, so feel free to wash your towels there.

That big payment you made to buy into DVC got you one thing - a piece of ownership. Everything else above and beyond that (maintenance, housekeeping, the little soaps, coffee, cutting the grass, paying for the CM's, etc.) comes under "operational expense", and must be covered by maintanence fees. If you want to keep your maintenance fees reasonable, you have to give up some of the luxuries you would get in a hotel room.

doodleboy
03-07-2008, 09:30 AM

<b>
<p>
DECIDE FOR YOURSELF

Thanks,
D

I am totally with you on the enviornmental concerns of pumping all of that soap into our ecosystem. But if they cared that much, why doesn't WDW use a green laundry detergent. Maybe if they showed their efforts in that way people would be more willing to make their own effort by reusing towels. Whenever I see that sign in the room, I just feel as if they are trying to save on their laundry cost. After all, "We're all in this together." aren't we?

mouse-logic
03-07-2008, 12:10 PM
I suggest finding a maids cart! :secret: This was even slightly mentioned by our tour guide.

The carts have roll-down doors that lock. The maids are instructed to lock the carts unless they are with them.

Not sure, but I bet they get penalized somehow if they come back without the proper number of towels ...shower packs, coffee, etc.