PDA

View Full Version : Baby Its cold outside

Itchy
01-19-2008, 08:34 AM
I dont know how cold it is where you are but here in the St Louis area this morning it was 6 degrees at 6 am.:freeze:

WDW in 20 days:mickey:

luvdiznee
01-19-2008, 08:47 AM
It was 9 last night and we STILL went out. :( But now it is a balmy 30. Not going out today. I just whomever is a Disney is having good weather there, especially if traveling from the north. :mickey:

Darbylew
01-19-2008, 09:23 AM
It is cold and rainy here in Florida this morning.
We live in the panhandle but this weather is
suppose to move on down to WDW. It will be
cold there this week. It is going down to 26
here tonight. I have been down there in January
before and it has been very cold. The weather
here in Florida can change quickly when a cold
front moves down from the north. :(

tadshome
01-19-2008, 09:29 AM
It is cold and raining here in England :freeze:
I am spending my day watching my WDW dvd's and dreaming that I am on Soarin & Test track:cloud9:

ibrowse17
01-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Cold and rainy in south Alabama also. Let hope all of our combined bad weather doesn't follow us on our upcoming trips. 15 days for us:thumbsup:

disneymom15
01-19-2008, 10:00 AM
I can top all previous posts. It's 10 below zero here in Wisc. The play off game is in Green Bay tomorrow and it's supposed to be even colder than today.

RedheadWriter
01-19-2008, 10:07 AM
30ish and sunny here in RI. SUpposed to be like 15 in Foxboro for the big game tomorrow with wind chills down to zero...Yikes. I am only about 4o minutes away so it will be a freezing Sunday here in little Tiverton, too! :freeze: is right!!! Bundle up.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Chicago Suburb Checking In...

-3 Air Temperature (@ 9am)

-21 Wind Chill

Seems like a nice day though.

**Update @ 3:15pm** - It's now a balmy 4 degrees above 0! Wind chills are only -14!

Jenemmy
01-20-2008, 09:10 AM
I just got back from WDW late Friday night and where I live -- at this very moment -- it is 1 degree outside. ONE degree!!!!!! I tell ya, I am just ready to migrate down there for good!!!!!

mrsgaribaldi
01-20-2008, 10:53 AM
It's like a heat wave here, it's 23;)

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 11:09 AM
:(I agree i wish i could just pack up and move there also we have about 21 here wow i bet its a lot nicer in disney right now My DW just told me she just looked at the weather agian and with wind chill it's more like 7 that stinks i want some disney weather DW is lokking at that now and said its a feels like 52 not great but better than 7 my sisters boyfriends brother came up from FL. to visit NJ ha what fool this time of year you go the other way not this way unless you like to ski in guess

MsMin
01-20-2008, 12:02 PM
The cold has dipped down here. It was 27 this morning and predicted to be 29 Tomorrow.... It usually takes another day to reach WDW if the cold front drops that far down. :freeze:
I don't like to be in the park when it's this cold but I'd suffer through.

RedSoxFan
01-20-2008, 01:22 PM
It's 20 here in Central New York and the wind is blowing. Very cold going to the grocery store this morning. And we're suppose to get lake effect snow today -- oh joy.

BouncingTigger
01-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Wow! How can you guys stand that cold of weather?!

Here in San Diego, yesterday it was probably in the mid to high 60s but it felt warmer because the sun was out all day - no clouds - and it wasn't windy at all. We went to the beach to collect shells and I didn't even need a jacket (and I get cold easily!).

Haven't been outside yet today (it's just a little after 10 a.m. here and we slept in!) but I'm betting it's going to be another nice day. :D

MauiMouse
01-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I hear you! I'm sick to death of the cold snowy weather. :freeze:

Stan
01-20-2008, 06:49 PM
I grew up in TX, and DW is 4th gen FL, but we spent 13 yr in PA (and 1 in OH before that) so we've lived through some cold weather. It was mighty nice to get to move back down here in 1995.

However, I still have to visit PA occasionally on engineering business (photography doesn't pay all the bills just yet), and sometimes I have to go during the winter. Looks like I'll be up there a few days in early Feb... be sure to warm things up for me.

We pay for our warm winters during July Aug & Sept, but that's when a bunch of you guys come south- go figure :confused:.

RedheadWriter
01-20-2008, 07:58 PM
it's 18 here as aI type, with a wind chill of 5. Yes, I am soready to get on the plane and bust out of here on Wednesday!

BouncingTigger
01-20-2008, 09:01 PM
What is this snowy weather you speak of? ;)

Here in San Diego, it's in the sixties with no wind that I've noticed and very sunny.

I don't get how you all can handle the cold...I'd never survive!

I have no idea what 1 degree weather feels like (or anything below about 40 degrees). I hope I never find out: I'd freeze to death!

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 09:12 PM
I've been to disney when its been below the 40 mark depending on when you go you might get to see that also if you go in late jan-early feb you might see it but it doesn't happen often but does happen

Dopey's Girl
01-20-2008, 11:30 PM
I was in FL (Gulf/Tampa area and WDW) from the 5th to the 15 of this month, and I totally feel your pain. It was 20 below here the other night..that is 100 degrees colder than I was only days ago. That is just not right!!!

Hair_Razor
01-20-2008, 11:45 PM

Here in San Diego, it's in the sixties with no wind that I've noticed and very sunny.

I have no idea what 1 degree weather feels like (or anything below about 40 degrees). I hope I never find out: I'd freeze to death!

Oh rub it in:thedolls:! I can't barely survive I go outside as little as possible! I think being a snow bird isn't a bad idea!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Our low tonight is 40... that's cold right? I mean, I walked outside and my toes were really tingly... Gonna be 70 tomorrow. That's colder than we put our thermostat at... Come on... that's gotta count for something.

I feel left out of the "It's stinkin freezin here" club... sadness.

Miss Mouse
01-21-2008, 12:22 AM
I live in Western Canada - I think our weather trumps all of yours, easy! ;)

Jenemmy
01-21-2008, 08:43 AM

Every year I become more of a wimp about the cold weather. I am HORRIBLE. I'm only in my 30's now -- I can't imagine how bad I will be if I stay here for another 10 to 20 years -- I will be unfit to live with!! LOL

Snow honestly puts me in a bad mood -- I see nothing pretty about it. When we wake up and the ground is covered, my whole family does the "oooohhh, ahhhhh -- yipppeeee snow!!" thing and i sit there with my arms folded like grumpy dwarf.

DisneyDog
01-21-2008, 10:26 AM
In Philly we will be having a high of 26, a "real feel" temp of 3 degrees.

Hair_Razor
01-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Every year I become more of a wimp about the cold weather. I am HORRIBLE. I'm only in my 30's now -- I can't imagine how bad I will be if I stay here for another 10 to 20 years -- I will be unfit to live with!! LOL

Snow honestly puts me in a bad mood -- I see nothing pretty about it. When we wake up and the ground is covered, my whole family does the "oooohhh, ahhhhh -- yipppeeee snow!!" thing and i sit there with my arms folded like grumpy dwarf.

Oh my God are you my long lost sister you sound just like me!!:funny: I think I need a sign that says "beware, in a winter funk" to wear around my neck. The worst is that in Columbus they are so terrible about plowing and I have to drive downtown to work I just dread it! :mad:

poohluva
01-21-2008, 10:51 AM
:freeze:

Right now in southern NH it's 17 but with the wind chill it feels like 4!!

Jenemmy
01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Oh my God are you my long lost sister you sound just like me!!:funny: I think I need a sign that says "beware, in a winter funk" to wear around my neck. The worst is that in Columbus they are so terrible about plowing and I have to drive downtown to work I just dread it! :mad:

Oh my gosh -- we live in Dayton. Remember that gigantic dump of snow we got mid December?? My husband had to drive up to Columbus that morning for a meeting. It took him over 5 hours to get there from here (normally an hour and half to hour and 45 min drive!) He said that it didn't seem like they had even touched the roads getting up towards the city.

LOL -- maybe we are related. We already have our love of Disney and hatred of snow in common! Plus the whole Ohio thing -- what a bond!! :mickey: We would get along just fine:thumbsup:

Hair_Razor
01-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Remember??? It took me 2 hours to get home I live 30 minute from downtown :thedolls:!!! I think it would be fun to plan an Ohio meet!

ncscgirl2005
01-21-2008, 05:05 PM

So you two must be my father's long lost kids also. He too lives in Columbus and constantly complains about the snow and cold weather. He is in his 50's now and swears that he can't make it another winter up there. He is soooo ready to move back to the south (he's orginally from NC). LOL!
He sounds so depressed when I tell him that it's like 70 degrees in th winter (but we haven't had those temps in a little while).

Hair_Razor
01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
So you two must be my father's long lost kids also. He too lives in Columbus and constantly complains about the snow and cold weather. He is in his 50's now and swears that he can't make it another winter up there. He is soooo ready to move back to the south (he's orginally from NC). LOL!
He sounds so depressed when I tell him that it's like 70 degrees in th winter (but we haven't had those temps in a little while).

Probably!! :thumbsup:

thrillme
01-25-2008, 02:16 PM

I must be the Ying to ya'lls Yang...been in Texas all my life and probably won't be moving anytime soon but the colder the better (I suffer in our 100 degree summers). I get sooo grumpy on days that are sunny and warm. I want it icy, snowy, rainy. I want to be so cold that I have to put on all those snuggly warm clothes :cloud9:. My boys call me the "Ice Queen". They'll be in the house with warmups and "taco'd" in blankets begging for 15 minutes of heat. I end up scoffing because it's 63. That's warm enough. :thedolls:

Hair_Razor
01-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I must be the Ying to ya'lls Yang...been in Texas all my life and probably won't be moving anytime soon but the colder the better (I suffer in our 100 degree summers). I get sooo grumpy on days that are sunny and warm. I want it icy, snowy, rainy. I want to be so cold that I have to put on all those snuggly warm clothes :cloud9:. My boys call me the "Ice Queen". They'll be in the house with warmups and "taco'd" in blankets begging for 15 minutes of heat. I end up scoffing because it's 63. That's warm enough. :thedolls:

maybe we all got switched at birth:rotfl:

Tigger&Stitch
01-25-2008, 04:42 PM
We're in the Southern Hemisphere, so it's Summer here. :D Warm, and sunny with sunsets well after 9pm. :cloud9: