PDA

View Full Version : Meet The Spartans

WDWFREAK101
01-18-2008, 11:36 PM
This movie was absolutely horrible! It would be more funny and entertaing to watch your dog do his buisness in the yard. It would be more fun to get a route cana; than to EVER see this again!!! I regret seeing this! Just because they add things like Gatorade or I-pods or other uses of product placements, doesn't make it funny. I laughed once in the entire thing and that was only a chuckle. This movie was so bad i wanted to leave and get my money back but i kept thinking that it would get better. Boy was i wrong.

DO NOT SEE THIS!

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-19-2008, 07:13 AM
IMO, this will be one of the worst movies ever! I saw the trailer with totally random and easy pop culture references that have been done before and better..This will be as bad as Date Movie, which is officially the worst movie I have ever seen...

So, no I don't share your optimism ;):mickey:

ncscgirl2005
01-19-2008, 08:12 AM
I know I will end up watching this because DH loves those kind of movies. The first trailer I saw didn't appeal to me too much but now that I've seen more on TV I think I will like it too. But I will be waiting for it to come out on DVD.

Jared
01-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Isn't anybody else tired of these stupid parody movies? The original "Scary Movie" was funny, I guess, but they've gone progressively downhill since. I don't see how "Meet the Spartans" could possibly be good, so I also do not share the original poster's optimism.

BouncingTigger
01-19-2008, 12:55 PM
I agree that I'm expecting this movie to be pretty bad. I'm not going to bother to go see it because the previews look horrible to me. It tries way too hard to be funny and it looks like it just goes for the easy (lazy) jokes. I'm sure there are one or two funny moments in it but I'm expecting the whole thing to be a wash. These spoof movies are getting really awful.

I think there needs to be more movies like "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz." Those were both great and clever movies that took the things that made the genre great and also put a fun and wacky spin on it. They also didn't make fun of zombie movies or action movies, but reinterpreted them to make them funny. When making Hot Fuzz, the makers said that it's not a spoof of action movies because Hot Fuzz is kind of looking up the action movies but also having its own kind of fun. I think these kinds of movies are way better than the "Scary Movies" and "Date Movies" and all the rest of the spoof movies.

Besides, if all you want to see is people making fun of celebrities and pop culture, you don't need to go to a spoof movie. You can find PLENTY of good websites! ;)

NotaGeek
01-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Isn't anybody else tired of these stupid parody movies? The original "Scary Movie" was funny, I guess, but they've gone progressively downhill since. I don't see how "Meet the Spartans" could possibly be good, so I also do not share the original poster's optimism.

Amen!

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-19-2008, 01:54 PM
I think there needs to be more movies like "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz." Those were both great and clever movies that took the things that made the genre great and also put a fun and wacky spin on it. They also didn't make fun of zombie movies or action movies, but reinterpreted them to make them funny. When making Hot Fuzz, the makers said that it's not a spoof of action movies because Hot Fuzz is kind of looking up the action movies but also having its own kind of fun. I think these kinds of movies are way better than the "Scary Movies" and "Date Movies" and all the rest of the spoof movies.

Amen indeed!! I just saw Hot Fuzz yesterday, one of the funniest movies I have seen in a very, very long time! It was funny, there was action and even some really gruesome (but still funny) parts in it..

Make more of these, don't make any more "parody" movies please.. :(

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-28-2008, 10:45 AM
I think this short excert(sp?) from Empire magazine says it all:

It's not nice to judge people, but if you're one of the Americans who went to see Meet The Spartans this weekend, we're judging you a little. The latest in Fox's series of spoofs, and as sure a sign as any that the horsemen of the apocalypse have at least one foot firmly planted in a stirrup, topped the US box office this weekend $18.7 million. The question of why people went to see a film whose biggest star was Tegs from Eastenders and which boasted a trailer with fewer laughs than the London stock exchange floor is probably one which won't be answered in our lifetime. But we should move on

offwego
01-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Isn't Kevin Szarbo in this? I kinda like him. But not enough to see this in theatres.

Dracula766
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
I thought Not Another Teen Movie was really good.
The first two Scary Movie flicks were brilliant, especially considering the Wayans were directly involved. :thumbsup:
The third one had a few funny bits and the fourth one was just bad. I saw Epic Movie and Date Movie and they were so bad that I had trouble staying awake through both. It looks to me like this one will be just as bad so I won’t even bother wasting the $1 to rent it on dvd.

I’m gonna save my movie money for The Dark Knight :bat::bat:

chrisb26
01-28-2008, 08:51 PM

I couldn't agree more. Scary Movie 1 & 2 where good. But I think they need to take a break from them if you ask me. We seem to get a new parody movie every couple months and I don't find them all that funny anymore. Some of the stuff that happens to me just seems dumb. I guess I have a different sense of humor and don't find that type of humor funny.

I watched Epic Movie or parts of it I should say and didn't find it funny at all. Most of what happened seemed pretty dumb to me and not the funny kind of dumb lol

I do have to say though that Shawn of The Dead was pretty funny and Hot Fuzz looked funny. Haven't had a chance to watch it though.

laughingplace<3
01-29-2008, 12:26 AM
After laughing only once during Scary Movie 4, that should have been warning enough. Being stupid and not seeing the signs, I wasted $11 on Date Movie. That was a lesson enough; I avoided Epic Movie and I will avoid Meet the Spartans.

I'm saving my money for The Eye this weekend- and, THE DARK NIGHT!