PDA

View Full Version : Last minute trip

*tinker_belle*
01-18-2008, 10:18 PM
So Wednesday night at about 8pm, me and 3 girls i work with decided to hit Disneyland the next day since none of us had to work.
We got a late start, the park opened at 10am but we didn't get there until maybe noon. I was shocked at the amount of people there. I haven't seen the park this empty in years! Most rides were walk ons with the exception of Splash, Thunder and Indy. They had maybe 10 min. waits. Even Matterhorn was a near walk on. Space was closed all day so we were bummed about that. I enjoyed the emptiness of Disneyland so much, it really made for a wonderful stress free day.We noticed that some rides were down (like HM and Space) and construction was going on in several places. But i really couldn't complain. We hit Coke Corner for kids hot dog meals (what a deal, way better then the adult dog) and strolled on over to CA for the last hour and a half it was open (it closed at 6, DL closed at 8)
We did ToT and Screamin and then called it a night because we were tired of walking and it was freezing cold out, it was cold most of the day actually.
We had planned on eating at Rainforest so we headed there with a quick stop at Disney Vault. Had a mediocre meal there and sat on the heated patio. I wish we could have been inside with the thunder storms and stuff, i love that! But we were so hungry that we didn't care. After dinner we decided to head back so we went to World of Disney and then headed to the trams.
All in all it was a great day with a few minor flaws but it was a fun time with good friends and i was glad to be back.
I was having some serious withdrawls not having been to the parks since August and this was a nice little fix, though i would have liked to be there from early morning to late at night if the hours would have been that way. I can literally go go go all day. lol :mickey:

tinkwest
01-19-2008, 09:44 AM
.... We hit Coke Corner for kids hot dog meals (what a deal, way better then the adult dog) ....

I am not much of a hot dog eater, but when I have the occasional craving, this is the meal that I like to get. Good Deal!

You picked a good week to go as far as crowds are concerned. Glad you had fun. Was the Nemo line very long?

BrookeA6100
01-21-2008, 04:15 PM
I was there the week earlier than you and Wednesday and Thursday the parks were completely empty. This is probably my new second favorite time to go now. It wasn't very cold to me, only cause i'm from Utah- the land of the snow though.

ChipnDaleGal
01-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Okay, I can not tell you how jealous I am that you can plan a last minute day to Disneyland like that!! It sounds like you and your friends had a great day! Thank you for sharing it with us. :mickey:

*tinker_belle*
01-23-2008, 01:19 AM
We did have so much fun! We didn't ride Nemo but the line only looked to be about 20-30 minute wait.