PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust

cknorr28
01-18-2008, 08:57 PM
My DW after 20 or so years of working at Pizza Hut starting out as a waitress in PA. and working her way up into the corporate office in TX was let go yesterday. Said it was budget cuts. What has happened to big corporations who require loyalty but do not have any for their employees? Sorry to rant but just a little upset and scared. These days we need two incomes and she is not sure what she is going to do. :confused:

MsMin
01-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Sending :pixie: that she has a bright new opportunity come into your lives real soon. So sorry to hear you are going through this, Keep us updated :pixie:

ElenitaB
01-19-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm so sorry this has happened to your family. I've been through two downsizings and it really does stink, particularly when you like your job and where you work.

:pixie: that a great opportunity becomes available for your DW!

DisFan01
01-19-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm very sorry. I'll pray for you and send you some pixie dust! :pixie:

simpleyred
01-19-2008, 04:11 PM
That stinks! I know how you feel. My DH was told that his plant is closing in March. We are trying to keep positive about this but like you are scared.
Lots of pixie dust for you both :pixie:

RocknBev
01-19-2008, 04:28 PM
I believe that when God closes a door, he opens a window. And the window always leads to better things!
I hope you find the window soon! :pixie:

disneydeb
01-19-2008, 05:05 PM
God bless you through this difficult time. Like the previous poster said about God closing doors and opening windows, I believe that is true.:pixie:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-20-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the layoff. It's tough times out there. I hope she finds something even better, really quickly.

mrsgaribaldi
01-20-2008, 08:35 AM
:mickey:I'm so sorry, that stinks:(
Here's alot of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:so she finds that window real soon:mickey:

Bethis26fan
01-20-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm very sorry. I hope your DW finds something she loves even more than her old job.:pixie:

daparish
01-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Keeping you and your wife in my prayers.

crazypoohbear
01-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Sending pixie dust for your DW. I hope she finds a better job very soon.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
It's really hard and scary going through what she is going through. I'm glad that you are being supportive to her right now.:cheer:

As for Corp. company's many are doing just what the did to your wife. It's cheaper to get rid of good reliable help and hire some one inexperienced and younger for half the money.
Sad state of affairs we are in right now.:(

#1donaldfan
01-21-2008, 08:53 AM
I am very sorry to hear that. God works in very mysterious ways, and answers all prayers, maybe just not in the way WE want them. My wife lost her job about a year ago, we live in a very small town, and she's still hoping for something to come along. You are right, it takes two incomes to make it these days. I worked for Pizza Hut years, and years and years ago in middle management.....that company is very, very "cut throat".....your only as good and "employeeable" as your boss will allow, once your boss moves up / out / or moves on, your at the mercy of someone new, and no matter what you've done for 'em, hours given, it just doesn't matter anymore....good luck to you and I'm sure something much, much better will come along.....here's the pixey dust.....:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie :

cknorr28
01-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Thank you everyone. My DW was two weeks from 20 years. I did find out though she was given a severence package which will help while she looks for new employment.

TheMartellFamily
01-21-2008, 12:52 PM
The positive outlook on this is that new perspective employers will see that she has loyalty with 20 years and with that will not have problems getting a new job. It always stings when things like this happens but know that there is so much out there and it will be ok.