PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach Resort New Pool

mickeysworld
01-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Just wanted to share, we just returned from the CBR and there was a notice in the room regarding the new pool, it read:

For Your Future Enjoyment! In order for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort to continue to flourish as a magical destination, our main pool will be closing for redesign. Once this exciting new swimming area is open it will feature a brand new pirate ship slide. We will still retain the peaceful, relaxing atmosphere of our current pool. If you have any questions....

The artist rendering looks really cool! Barrels spilling water and the slide coming out of the side of an old wrecked ship! Says, Coming Soon in 2008. I'm sure all pirate fans are going to love it. Sorry if this has been posted already, just wanted to share!

BronxTigger
01-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm looking forward to the new pool. Did you by chance get a photo of the artist rendering? I'm going to have to go back!

Thanks for the description!

mickeysworld
01-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I actually took the "postcard" the notice was printed on and the picture is on that. I'm completely techie-challenged so I have no idea how to upload or where to begin to show the picture! Sorry! any suggestions?

KarenP
01-18-2008, 07:18 PM
I can't wait to see the new pool when it is done. A pirate's ship slide sounds very cool. Thanks for posting!

BronxTigger
01-18-2008, 08:10 PM
I actually took the "postcard" the notice was printed on and the picture is on that. I'm completely techie-challenged so I have no idea how to upload or where to begin to show the picture! Sorry! any suggestions?

Well if you have a scanner you can use that and save the file. Or, you could take a photograph of the postcard and then save that file on your computer.

Once you have the photo on your computer, you can put it on a web site such as webshots or photobucket. I'm not sure about photobucket, but I use webshots and it's pretty easy. You just pick the photographs you want and click "upload" and then you can share your trip photos with your friends and family all over the world!

mickeysworld
01-18-2008, 11:51 PM
OK, here goes, hope this works!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2329182310102889115xCJfnN

Darbylew
01-18-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the update on the new pool at CBR.
I know everyone will love it. The CBR is a great
resort and so colorful. :mickey:

BronxTigger
01-19-2008, 03:15 AM
Wow! That's really cool! Now I really can't wait to see it in person when it's done!

Thanks for sharing that with us!

PirateLover
01-19-2008, 11:55 AM
That does look pretty awesome... I might have to reconsider never staying at CBR again... if they were to rehab the rooms again I'd definitely be in! That pool looks awesome!

CandleontheWater
01-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Sweet! That looks like a lot of fun! I hope they don't completely remove the Spanish fort-looking atmosphere though. I'm an archaeologist who specializes in the Spanish Colonial period, so I always though that the CBR resort pool was the coolest! The pirate ship would totally fit in, so I hope that some of the Castillo atmosphere remains.