PDA

View Full Version : Disney receipt question

BelleLovesTheBeast
01-18-2008, 05:32 PM
I've started adding up the sales tax on my receipts and noticed that my Disney receipt only shows my total. There is no breakdown of the charges. Room, tickets, taxes......nothing.

Does anyone know the best way to find out what the taxes paid were? Doesn Disney Travel keep receipts on file?

tinklover
01-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Florida sales tax is 7% hope this helps you out.

BelleLovesTheBeast
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks! I have a friend who lives in Orlando she said that the tax is 6.5 but it doesn't add up right. For some reason I think that there is some kind of resort tax in FL too. I know what our room cost....I just wish I knew what our tickets cost. Unfortunately I don't remember what Disney charged for park passes last year.

SteveL
01-23-2008, 10:07 PM
There are resort taxes and they are pretty high. Double digits. They can vary depending upon the resort. My understanding is that some are in differnt counties.

DisneyDudet
01-23-2008, 11:25 PM
There are resort taxes and they are pretty high. Double digits. They can vary depending upon the resort. My understanding is that some are in differnt counties.

You are correct. Part of the resort is in a different county, and so sales and tourist taxes may differ from resort to resort, and park to park.

brownie
01-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Sales tax in Orange county is 6.5%; Osceola county is 7%. The resort tax is 12.5% in Orange; 13% in Osceola. (Sales tax in Florida is 6%; counties can assess an additional percentage. There is an additional 6% assessed on hotel rooms.)

At the All-Star Resorts and the Wide World of Sports, you pay the Osceola county rates. At the rest of Walt Disney World you'll pay the Orange county rates.

Admission tickets are taxed at 6.5% no matter where they are purchased. If you had a package through the Walt Disney World Travel Company, the taxes are probably all rolled into the package and it's not separated out.