PDA

View Full Version : Try new dining places?

Ariel_Fan
01-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Ok, when my family goes to the World, we usually have to eat at the Crystal Palace for breakfast, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, etc. We tend to eat at the same places. I've found that I also tend to drive my family nuts planning our meals each day on the dining plan so we aren't going to do that. My question is, when you go, do you try new places or stay with the same old comfortable ones??? If you only had 1 character meal, what would it be? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

vamaggie
01-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Our last trip in Nov we tried many new different restaurants. On our previous trip (in 04) we really only did counter service,Chef Mickey and WCC (since we were staying at WL and had a little one in tow). In Nov we did Chef Mickey, LeCellier, Marrakesh, Kona (2x), H&V (b'fast with the characters) and Mama Melrose. We enjoyed all of them for various reasons. If I could only go to one, I would pick Le Cellier. The food was great and we loved the intimate atmosphere (even with kids!) Depending on how adventursome your clan is I would maybe keep 1-2 faves and then try 1-2 new places. This is what we are planning to do next time.

dolphinmickey9170
01-18-2008, 05:55 PM
My question is, when you go, do you try new places or stay with the same old comfortable ones??? If you only had 1 character meal, what would it be? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

I try to mix things up a bit. We have our regular faves - LeCellier (If we didn't go here, my family would disown me), O'Hana, Cinderella's, Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose's and sometimes The Plaza Restaurant or Chef Mickey's. I make ressies for at least one restaurant each trip that we haven't been to. This last time was Boma, the time before was Cali Grill. Both very good and highly recommended. If I could only pick one character meal, I think I would pick Chef Mickey's!

LibertyTreeGal
01-18-2008, 06:25 PM
I have a few must do's, but in general we try a lot of new places.

This year we tried Narcoosees, The GF Afternoon tea, O'Hanas, and Le Cellier. No one besides me had ever done 50's PTC, or HDD so I tossed those in. The only "do-overs" were LTT for lunch (which we will not be returning to) and Bomas.

Natazu
01-18-2008, 07:15 PM
We made a point of trying everyplace at least twice before settling on our favorite 10 or so. WDW has some of the best dining in the world. I think it would be a shame to miss sampling food from places like Narcoossee's, California Grill, Flying Fish, Coral Reef, Marrakesh, Jiko... the list goes on.

hooberry
01-18-2008, 07:35 PM
on every trip we only allow ourselves to repeat one table service:blush:we always try new for the rest, and amazingly for the last 10 years of going we still haven't eaten everywhere:D I just use that as an excuse to keep going:D

Tink#64
01-18-2008, 09:33 PM
We have our fav's that we do most trips. But we enjoy visiting other resorts so I always plan a dinner at a different resort each trip. We really enjoy trying a new restaurant & being able to check out a new resort, see the sights, shop, etc. I like to plan a couple of new dining experiences each trip. It's so hard when you have so many fav's, but there are just too exciting choices to limit yourself to the tried and true every trip. We love finding new things to love at WDW! :mickey:

Jared
01-18-2008, 10:56 PM
My family has a list of favorites we plan to eat at most trips, but we also like to try new places. It really depends on the length of the trip. We spend all year looking forward to dinners at 'Ohana and Boma, so we generally won't experiment if we don't have more than a couple nights.

On longer trips, we usually dine at a new restaurant, and there are still some we've never tried.

As for character meals, I really like dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. I don't usually have character breakfasts, instead using the morning hours to tour the parks, so I leave character meals for later in the day. 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian is another, more traditional, option.

:tasty:

tinksmom02
01-18-2008, 10:57 PM
In 2004 we only did breakfast at Ohanas and lunch at Coral Reef. So in January 2007, everything was new LOL When I was planning our September trip, DD5 and I reviewed all the places we'd eaten at, and I asked her if there were any she'd like to return to. Out of all her choices (including Cindy's, H&V, CM's, RFC,), she chose LeCellier, and 1900 Park Fare. So September was all new, with repeats only to LeCellier...we had done breakfast at 1900, so tried dinner in Sept.

If I were planning a trip right now (:(), I would return to Ohanas, CM and CP, and try some new places, Cali Grill, Kona...there's just so many places to try!

Fave character meal is a tough one. It depends on what characters your kid(s)/you enjoy most...We liked CM's because you get to meet the fab 5. Food was OK...CP was great food and Pooh characters. I'd probably choose one of those. DD really enjoyed 1900 with Mary Poppins...

Did that help at all, or just add to your confusion? :blush:

Shanaynay
01-19-2008, 05:45 AM
My family and I tend to eat at some of our favorite places as well as mix in a couple of new ones, for variety. As far as character breakfasts go, I really enjoyed the princess breakfast at Akershus in Epcot, but if you're looking to have breakfast with Mickey, Minnie, etc. etc., Chef Mickey's is my favorite.

Kairi_7378
01-19-2008, 10:04 AM
DH insists that we eat at the CA Grill each trip. We like to try new things with our other TS meals. (Usually do another Signature meal.)

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-19-2008, 11:10 AM
We typically go for at least a week each time so we will do 7 TS or so. We usually let each child pick one character meal (that's 2) and the wife and I each pick one (that's 2) then we pick a family one together (that's 1 more). Now we have two left and we usually choose two new ones each time we go. That way we get some familiar and some new also.

IloveDisney71
01-19-2008, 11:18 AM
We used to have a several restaurants that we had to eat at every time, but after this last trip we will be branching out a little more. We used to love the Liberty Tree Tavern, but will probably skip it next time due to poor character interaction, slow service, and cold food during this last trip. Anyway, our two favorite places are still Ohana & LeCellier - we will continue to keep them on our list. During this last trip we tried Boma for the first time and absolutely loved it. We were very glad that we branched out and tried something new so we will keep doing that on future trips. So we will do a couple of favorites and add some new experiences from now on.
As far as character meals - I think it really depends on which characters you really want to see.