PDA

View Full Version : Whoo-Hoo First Class! I feel soooo guilty!

RoosMomKanga
01-18-2008, 03:38 PM
My DH (not your character-lovin' kind of guy) and I:mickey: are going in a few weeks. I'm planning it last minute as he has a conference in town there for the rest of the week and we just decided to go early for a few days at the parks/onsite together-25th Anniv...it was supposed to be a day or so inexpensive trip (since we've been saving like crazy for years for our trip to France with the kids in May). He was to book my Frequent Flyer ticket and I was to plan everything else...no problem (of course it kept getting more expensive as I added a second full day there and booked us at a POFQ for 3 nights:blush:)! I was typing up our itinerary (yes, I'm the planner) for Oma (Grandma who's staying with the kids) and noticed that both our airline confirmations had his name on them. Whoops---he forgot to change it when booking it online and it automatically puts in his name on the account. He called to fix it...OK, there's no "fixing it", you cancel and rebook with more fees plus the $100 to rebank your points (which he didn't do...maybe he can use them this year?). Anyhoo...I get the call...DH-"Grumble, grumble...fees...grumble...Mickey Mouse!...$100 rebooking...2F...all done." Then it comes DH-"Did you notice I said 2F?"...me "silence"..."Honey, that's First Class...all they had left, so I upgraded you...both ways!" Whoo man do I feel guilty:blush:...wonder if they can upgrade him too? I'm afraid to call and ask...I'd probably be out another $150, or worse I'd have to cancel and rebook and the plane would be full!

crazeedizneefinatic
01-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Just you in 1st class without your hubby?? Wow you've got an understanding hubby! I don't think I could do it, the guilt alone would kill me. Especially flying alone on your anniversary. Isn't there a different flight you could take to be together on your romantic trip or will that cost you even more to change?

RoosMomKanga
01-18-2008, 05:25 PM
I know...it's a short flight from Pittsburgh, but the guilt is killing me:(. We actually couldn't even get seats together when we first booked since this came up so last minute. He flies all the time and has flown first-class with his upgrades...so he keeps telling me-Don't worry about it, but I am. I wonder if they'll let us switch seats for the flight there (since I'm flying back on my own while he stays for the Conference/Show)? That way we'd both have one flight first class.

crazypoohbear
01-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Don't feel guilty!
Sit back in your comfy seat, have a complimentary drink (champagne)
relax and enjoy!
What a great husband you have.
Mine would have taken the first class for himself!
Have a wonderful trip

DisneyLandMomma
01-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Don't feel guilty!
Sit back in your comfy seat, have a complimentary drink (champagne)
relax and enjoy!
What a great husband you have.
Mine would have taken the first class for himself!
Have a wonderful trip

I agree....First Class is HEAVENLY!! :cloud9:
ENJOY IT!