PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey 1.0 in need of Upgrade?

Rikkikika
01-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Ok so my origional 2003 1.0 PM hasn't been in WDW for a few years . . .does anyone know where he can get "upgraded"? I thought I remember reading somewhere you could bring him into certain retail locations in WDW for this service . . .or is it when you bring him into the parks he automatically gets this update service via IR?

DizneyRox
01-18-2008, 04:06 PM
From what I've been told, as long as he's on and facing forward as you enter the park, you should get an "update".

Many folks seem to indicate though that he won't get new words, etc. So, he may not know about new attractions, etc.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-18-2008, 09:53 PM
You can tell if he's been updated by taking him to the statue of Minnie and Roy near the flagpole at MK. He should start talking or vibrate. If he does not, do not take him to the Emporium. Take him to City Hall, they sort out the issues there.

magicofdisney
01-19-2008, 06:58 PM
This past Wednesday I was at MK with our older model PM. I asked about updating him and was told by the CM that they don't do that anymore. The machine, "...that does that is, um, gone." It was the shop where VMK is/was. I'll try City Hall next time.

DisFan01
01-19-2008, 07:11 PM
A CM told me that if your Pal Mickey isn't updated, you need to get a new one (to work with the new rides). :cool: