PDA

View Full Version : January Trip

shan1021
01-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi guys, I've been to Disney World 15 times already (I'm 18) so i know everything about disney basically, but i never went in January before, and me and my boyfriend are going in 9 days. (Jan 27th-Feb 1st)
I know it's been posted before but I just wanted to ask again what it's like down there, and if it's crowded and how long the waits are and how your experience was Thank you so much if you could respond back. <3

:pooh:

dteed
01-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Welcome to Intercot. Crowds should be down somewhat and the weather is usually unpredictable. Check the weather channel online before you go. Have fun.

shan1021
01-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Okay, thanks a lot, and i will :D

dmallan
01-18-2008, 03:42 PM
We were there last week and had great weather - about 80 every day but one. We only had about 2 hours of rain for the whole week (even though the weather report predicted thundershowers for two or three days) so we were lucky there.

Crowds were not as light as I had expected, but still not too bad. We had some waits of about 20 minutes, but most were under that. For the popular attractions the wait was sometimes 40 - 50 minutes, so we made use of fastpasses for those rides. (soarin', test track, peter pan's flight)

We stayed at All Star Music and the food court was always crowded. We noticed quite a few foreign tour groups last week, and many families with kids. I thought they'd be back in school after the Christmas break, so we were surprised to see so many kids.

shan1021
01-18-2008, 03:57 PM
thanks for your input, I'm still excited because every Disney trip is amazing :mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
01-22-2008, 12:20 PM
I must have been there around the same time as dmallan. We were there from Jan 7-12. From Jan 7-10, the crowds were SO light. Walk on to everything. However, the weekend of 11-12, it was the marathon, so it started really filling up towards the weekend.

My DD (20) will be heading down there on Jan 30th for a week, and I'm really hoping that it will be back to minimal crowds at that time.

Have an awesome time! I bet it will be A-OK for you!

Karen

shan1021
01-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Yes, hopefully it will be light, and thanks! it will be a great trip regardless :D