PDA

View Full Version : funnel cakes

BouncingTigger
01-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Are the funnel cakes at Epcot (America showcase) any good? I didn't get to try one last time we were there because my bf is on a low-fat diet and I didn't want to eat a whole one by myself!

A side note: while we were in the American pavilion, we saw an older white guy discover the funnel cake stand. He yelled to his wife "Funnel cakes! We're home!" :D

lockedoutlogic
01-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Are the funnel cakes at Epcot (America showcase) any good? I didn't get to try one last time we were there because my bf is on a low-fat diet and I didn't want to eat a whole one by myself!

A side note: while we were in the American pavilion, we saw an older white guy discover the funnel cake stand. He yelled to his wife "Funnel cakes! We're home!" :D

they're pretty bad, actually....nowhere near any local boardwalk or county fair's caliber

there are many other things more worthy of a 6 dollar purchase in epcot than the funnel cakes....try the bakery in France or Norway

Goofeygal
01-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Not nearly as good as the ones in Magic Kingdom.

ibrowse17
01-18-2008, 02:59 PM
The ones I have had from Sleepy Hallow's in the MK have been pretty good, but not sure about Epcot...:thumbsup:

goofiecrazy
01-18-2008, 03:14 PM
I enjoyed the one i had a while back..Be careful of the birds i hear they will dive bomb you if ur not careful..

MickeyMousse
01-18-2008, 04:59 PM
The one we had in Epcot was pretty good, but it was awhile ago. (2005) I would skip it and use the $$ in Norway-such good desserts there!:thumbsup: Try a funnel cake in MK instead.

DisneyGiant
01-18-2008, 09:30 PM
I always get one in Epcot (if I remember to). I enjoyed them. Guess I'm not to picky! ;)

Jared
01-18-2008, 10:59 PM
The funnel cakes aren't bad, but I think there are too many unique treats in the World Showcase to waste money or a snack credit on something I can find at home. The France and Norway pavilions offer incredible bakeries with truly delicious desserts you probably can't find on your local street corner.

:tasty:

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2008, 06:18 AM
I go to the funnel cake stand in Epcot, but I get the fried ice cream!! YUMMY!

playdead88
01-19-2008, 07:56 AM
they are ok - i do like sleepy hollow better at mk but if you're at epcot and have a sweet tooth try the bakery in france - wow - it is awesome - i can gain a pound just thinking about it! :eat:

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
01-19-2008, 10:35 AM
We enjoy all the junk food.Its junk food its all good.I enjoy giant turkey legs I dont know if thats junk food or not it might be in a food group all buy itself.

DANAM
01-19-2008, 04:07 PM
My vote is for MK. They are great. Plus we were able to use a snack credit for the plain one. If you want whipcream and fruit topping you can't use a snack credit. Great breakfast idea.

Bri
01-20-2008, 08:00 PM
when i had the funnel cake in epcot it seemed over cooked. more crunchy than fluffy. it's crucial that a funnel cake be fluffy!

honeebee86
01-20-2008, 10:30 PM
i had a funnel cake in Epcot (the first one i ever had) and was not impressed with it. I think it was over-cooked and didn't had much flavor. I agree with the previous posts to save your money for another treat in Epcot:mickey:

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 10:37 PM
I have had them there before also in world showcase they where ok they're just fried dough nothing to special

DisneyDog
01-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Do they have funnel cakes throughout the country, or is it a regional thing? I always thought it was a PA Dutch kind of thing. We usually get them in the summer at local fairs or if we go to a Reading Phillies game. I can handle about one of them a year. After that, my tummy hurts just thinking about it!

Cinderelley
01-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Do they have funnel cakes throughout the country, or is it a regional thing? I always thought it was a PA Dutch kind of thing. We usually get them in the summer at local fairs or if we go to a Reading Phillies game. I can handle about one of them a year. After that, my tummy hurts just thinking about it!

I had never had/heard of a funnel cake until we went to Epcot. DH is from Pennsylvania though, and he knew exactly what it was. He actually laughed at my excitement over something that was old hat to him.

I loved the funnel cake at Epcot, but obviously, I don't have much to compare it to. The one i had at MK was good too.