PDA

View Full Version : Special Ornaments at WDW?

RoosMomKanga
01-18-2008, 01:11 PM
We're going to WDW in a few weeks and I want to buy a very special ornament there at the Christmas shop to commemorate the trip. Do they carry ornaments that are "WDW exclusives"/can only buy there? We've gotten some of the Hallmark Disney ones at home (just got the musical Pirates one this year). I just don't want to come home with something and then find it locally. One trip to WDW we found a beautiful china ball with Hidden Mickey piercings that holds potpourri and has a Mickey dangle with the date...it wasn't cheap, but it's very special to us. I know many of you were there over the Holidays recently and might have gotten something cool.:cool: What have you found/where?

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-18-2008, 02:45 PM
:mickey: This is our favorite Disney souvenier tradition...followed by the mugs with the year on it...each family member picks out a special ornament on each trip for our yearly Christmas tree....this year 2008 we will be in WDW for Christmas and already have plans to take a small tree to decorate....I have tinkerbell with her wand, Mickey Mouse in the Sorcerer's hat, Ballerina Minnie......

DisFan01
01-18-2008, 02:49 PM
I think most of the ornaments they sell there are Disney exclusive. I have never seen them at any other place except Walt Disney World. :thumbsup:

Jeff
01-18-2008, 03:30 PM
They have a lot you will be happy with.
Consider one of the "Big" Mickey Head ornaments that they will personalize for you at the Christmas Store in Downtown Disney while there. We had one done for my wife's Birtday (which is on Christmas Day) one year. It is now one of our favorite ornaments.

MsMin
02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
I have a whole tree dedicated to disney ornaments. I have a few Hallmark over the years
(my other tree is Hallmark) but I love the dated ornaments. There is a collector's set that changes every year. I usually get the one that's a miniature plate ornament and I like to get one from the MVMCP that is dated. I started collecting them shortly before EPCOT opened but one of my favs is Figment's first Christmas.

Mackflava99
02-22-2008, 04:08 PM
At the Christmas shop- there are tons of cool ornaments- you will find alot of excusives-

Also at different resorts you can find some-
we have a WL x-mas ornament and also a BC-

HINT- its best to ship them home- they may break packing them- I had some sent home last year, and they came home perfect.

LauraleeH
02-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Your best bet is at Downtown Disney because they have the Christmas store and World of Disney! I agree with shipping it home. I came back from Colorado last month and I had a Starbucks mug in my carry-on and it still managed to break (Wrapped carefully and in my hands the whole time!)

KylesMom
02-22-2008, 09:33 PM
They have a lot you will be happy with.
Consider one of the "Big" Mickey Head ornaments that they will personalize for you at the Christmas Store in Downtown Disney while there. We had one done for my wife's Birtday (which is on Christmas Day) one year. It is now one of our favorite ornaments.
Gotta go with Jeff here. It has become tradition for us to choose a large Mickey Head ornament early in our vacation and let the Disney artisans at the Xmas Store create some family magic for us. Every year, that is the most important souvenir we purchase.

Note that you do need up to a week for them to complete if you don't want to have them ship it home for you . . . it truly is a fabulous keepsake, and we display each year's ornament in our curio cabinet year-round (when not on the tree) for all to see. :mickey:

*goofy'sgirls*
03-09-2008, 10:05 PM
I live in NY so I see alot of the so called "Disney World Exclusives" at the World of Disney store there. But the ones I can truly say are exclusive only to Disney World are the resort ones and the plate ones. All the others are also sold in any World of Disney stores. I found this out the hard way. For my families first vacation I over did it with the ornaments only to visit our store in Manhattan and see almost all of them there. But to be fair the merchandise in the store does come from Fl.. However, getting back on topic unless you have a WOD store by you, you shouldn't see the ornaments anywhere else.

biodtl
03-11-2008, 10:29 AM
This is the hardest store for me to control myself in! I want all of the ornaments. I usually let the kids pick one and buy one or two as gifts, but my absolute all-time favorites are the mickey heads. I'd love to completely cover my tree with them.

But the last time we were there (Oct 06), the personalization was very backed up and we couldn't get it. If oyu want something personalized (and they do a beautiful job), make sure you do it early in your trip so there's time.

Mackflava99
03-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Is this at the Christmas shop at DDT or Mk that has the special ornament?

NJ Camper
03-11-2008, 08:16 PM
If you are talking about the one i'm thinking of in DTD i know what you mean there is just so many how do you pick just one or even two there is so many really nice ones i would need a tree like the one in NY you the one in rockerfeller center the giant one they put up boy would that be hard to get in my house though hahaha

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 02:56 PM
We try to buy one for every year...They are great...Usually have alot of characters on them...:santa3: