PDA

View Full Version : Question for Anyone Who Owns a Nintendo Wii

Davyjones
01-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi Gang!

After downloading old games onto your Wii online, do you need to buy a classic controller, or can you use a Nintendo 64 or Gamecube controller? Just wondering.

Thanks for any help you can give me! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
01-17-2008, 08:29 PM
It depends on which game you are playing. Some games (like original NES games) are able to be played with the wii remote held sideways, mirroring the old style controller. For other games like N64, GameCube etc you will need a GameCube or Classic Controller. Before you purchase a game it lets you know what controllers are compatible with it.:thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
01-18-2008, 09:51 AM
I have a Gamecube, and if you want to play those games, you need to use the Gamecube controllers. Also, you can use the Gamecube memory card, but it only stores Gamecube games.

I don't know much about the downloading, as we're sticking to the cd games!

Davyjones
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks PirateLover and DisneyDudet! :thumbsup: I wasn't sure but I didn't want to buy any controllers that I didn't need to. The games and all that are expensive enough!!

I appreciate the help! :D

Jeff
01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Nothing new to add to what the others said.
I just wanted to say that I love some of the old game that I downloaded. They are pretty cheap also. I did buy the old classic controller - it just feels right. We didn't need to buy Cube controllers as the old ones work fine.

MsMin
01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
I know I bought my son the old style controller for the wii for Christmas. He says it feels better w/ the old games. I guess old habits are hard to break. They are very reasonable I think it was 14.95 on Amazon.

Davyjones
01-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup: :mickey: