PDA

View Full Version : Test Track Breakdown

DonaldDuck1117
01-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey All,

I was down at Disney for the day during the capital one bowl and I had a great time. However I was a bit disappointed with my Test Track experience. I got into the car and the ride breaks down, so we sit in the station for about 5 minutes and then we're off. However, the ride did not perform how it should.

When we reached the brake zone where the ride fish tales we were crawling through it. Then we got to the curvy hill climb area where the speed is supposed to increase the car must have been going at 5 mph.

When we got back into the station we told the CM what had happened and we got this look of "I have no idea what you're talking about." And i know that they can tell how fast and where on the track each of those cars are at so someone had to know what was going on. Am I out of line by thinking after waiting in line for over an hour I should have gotten to have another ride with out waiting? Should I write Disney about this?

Duchess99
01-17-2008, 06:45 PM
You definitely should've gotten another ride or at least a fastpass to come back.
Once when I was on ToT, we were with a large group of teenagers who were acting up...sticking their hands out of the car and putting their feet up. At the first stop, a voice came over the speaker telling them to stop. When we got to the drop portion of the ride, we didn't drop, just slowly lowered down. I'm assuming it was because they were not cooperating. When we got off, a CM took my boyfriend and I through a back corridor and to the ride load area to ride again...without the screaming teenagers! :thumbsup:
Even though it was a different scenario, I think the CM should've been more accommodating. As far as writing to Disney, unless you have the CM's name, time & date of the occurrence, I'm not quite sure if it will do any good...but it won't hurt to try.

NJ Camper
01-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Could be worse when we went on it last year it broke down while we where on the HIGH speed part outside on the banked turn we where stuck there for awhile the they finally got us off the ride and took us to a set of stairs to the inside we watched the entire firework show then they finally came back and said oh no one came to get you we went back thru the test track to where you exit they gave us about 6 fast passes :D

broadway_chick72
01-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Well, that stinks. I would have definitly been upset, but, I don't know. I would have demanded to ride it again. They can't argue with you! LMAO!

Polynesian Dweller
01-17-2008, 08:25 PM
I could undertand, perhaps, a fastpass but not an immediate free ride. If they did that everyone would make some complaint just to stay on the ride. But ultimately, it depends on what went wrong. You don't say that there was anything wrong with the high speed part of the ride. If that was working Ok then you got the most important part of the ride just fine. If the whole ride broke down then a fast pass is definitely in order.

I also wouldn't necessarily get on the loader CMs. They aren't sitting at the console watching the ride functions and may very well not be aware of a problem with any individual car.

emmingo
01-17-2008, 10:51 PM
That EXACT thing happened to me last time I was on TT...but I never thought about asking for a Fastpass...I think its mostly because every single time I have been on TT since it opened, something strange has gone wrong. :(

Engine1822
01-17-2008, 11:06 PM
My DW and I were on test track once, and it broke down. We were about 3 cars from exiting the ride, we sat for about 10 mins, but we enjoyed the whole ride with no problem. However, the cm allowed everyone that was on the ride to go again without getting off. I would think they would have a standard on how to deal with situations like this. Or maybe it depends on how busy the park is at the time, we tend to travel during the slower times of year. We leave in 5 days.:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
01-18-2008, 12:13 AM
There's a reason why it was like 2 years late opening. It's probably the most troublesome ride in the parks, probably the industry.

What you describe sounds like about 30% of the rides I've been on in TT. Seems there's always at least two breakdowns whenever we're waiting to ride standby.

Zone Stop
01-18-2008, 12:23 AM
MOST people would have let you come back again without having to wait in the line... not all :(

Officially, they care primarily about if you got the high speed portion of the ride. If you had issues there, you're FAR more likely to get a re-ride (but again, almost never without getting out of the car.)

And, as many of you probably know, the best people to bring those issues up with are the ones in the station. The greeters have no idea what's going on.

Test Track, presented by General Motors :number1:

JPL
01-18-2008, 04:13 AM
TT is a nightmare with problems and breakdowns. It has gotten to the point where I am actually shocked if it doesn't breakdown when I am in line or returning for my FP time. I actually have a stack of about 10 FP's from attempted rides when it went down in the middle of the day.

dteed
01-18-2008, 02:20 PM
My wife and DS13 broke down while on the banking turn. They were there almost sideways for 5 minutes.

LONESTAR
01-19-2008, 12:10 AM
What more can you expect out of a GM. They should of used a FORD.:)

DonaldDuck1117
03-05-2008, 02:15 PM
**********BUMP*****************

So, I decided to just write Disney an e-mail explaining what happened and that I was a little disappointed that i didn't receive a free fastpass or right to the front of the line tickets they sometimes had out. I received an e-mail back telling me to fax them my theme park ticket and phone number. So I do that and yesterday during lunch at the Olive Garden yuuuuuum, I got a call from Disney telling me that they are sending me not a fastpass but ONE FREE THEME PARK TICKET!! This totally went above and beyond anything I was expecting!

The worker did tell me that it would expire in 2030 and wanted to make sure that was ok. Yeah, I think I'll make it back down there before then. :mickey:

True Disney Fan
03-05-2008, 02:48 PM
:mickey::number1:TT happens to be one of my favorite rides. It has had mechanical concerns on several occassions. However, when ever this has happened, a cast member would ask us if we wanted to just stay in the car and try again.

We always agreed and enjoyed the ride. Never had a concern of getting short changed for this event.:thumbsup:Will be there the 15th thru the 22nd of this month and definitely will be on it again and again..

cal5755
03-05-2008, 03:02 PM
WOW way cool on the free theme park ticket!!

We got stuck on TT last family trip to Disney. My son and uncle were in the car behind us stuck in the freezing water mist! We were yelling back to them asking them why they broke the ride etc. We made it a fun experience lol. As we were walking out I called for Uncle and some guy that was on the ride turned around and said "so i hear you broke the ride" lol. All of us got passes to come back when it was fixed but we went back through the exit... so they were different than fastpasses.

Von-Drake
03-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I have never been on the ride when it broke, but I have been turned away because it was broken.

caryrae
03-05-2008, 03:42 PM
We were on it once when it stopped working 5 different times, very annoying. They did give us the front of the line tickets but it ended up closing the rest of the day.

Mackflava99
03-05-2008, 04:03 PM
We had an issue on our last visit- we were in test track and actually in the area where they try to test extreme cold and heat-
So we got stuck in the COLD area- Now since it was June, i had no issue and neither did my wife or kids, but the 2 other people in the car were moaning...
Anyway- eventually we were asked to get off and walk out of the ride and given a Fast pass good at any time-
We used it the next day and everything was fine-

BUT as we were walking i asked the CM about why TT seems to beakdown alot-
In reality with the volume an cars involved, i think its fairly reliable-

He said- There are 3 main culprits-
1.) that because the cars have real tires, if there is any issue - even slight deflation, then an error will appear and they have to correct it ASAP-
2.) Since its an inside outside/outside ride, any weather fluctuation needs to be dealt with which may cause delays.
3.) On extreme heat days, the tires get too hot and it also sets off some monitoring device.

So hopefully this helps,

Either way i still love TT

ligirlz
03-13-2008, 09:28 PM
I was only on TT once where everything worked perfectly which was a rarity. Everytime i go to the park there is always long lines becasue of the intermitted breakdowns or closed due to an issue. It is a shame because I really love this ride.

MrPeetrie
03-14-2008, 01:40 AM
The first time I rode Test Track, it worked perfectly. After that, it never has made it through the entire ride without some mishap.

The ride has been either stopped completely, or at least slowed down, every time I've ridden it. On one attempt, the CM had to come to our car and usher us out of the ride. We received return tickets for later in the day but we didn't use them. We've pretty much given up on that ride. The last three times we've been to Disney, we haven't even gotten in line once.
:ill::ill::ill:

valjane
03-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Test Track always breaks down. Out of the 20+ times I've ridden it, I think I've only had 1 or 2 rides that didn't have any significant problems, but even then there's usually something wrong with the audio.

Bring back World of Motion!

dumbo ears
03-14-2008, 08:49 PM
seems to me that test track cant go one day without breaking down. I love the ride but they really need to do some work on it.

mdhiggin
03-15-2008, 12:47 PM
We've never had trouble with TT. We even got to ride it back to back one trip. However, on our last trip, we rode SE with some of the new changes. The video in our seat didn't work, so our whole family was allowed to ride again without getting back in line. They took us directly to another car as soon as the ride was over, and we told them ours didn't work. The line was pretty long at the time for SE, because it was just a temporary opening.

GINNY69
03-16-2008, 06:44 PM
On one of my past trips TT had some techinical difficulty, we were right in front of the line and we waited at least 25 minutes, it was kind of aggravating it seemed so long. The cast members were nice about it they told us what was going on and we had the option of going out a exit door but we came so far waiting in line that we decided to stay put. That was the only time I ever encountered a problem.

conwayjohn71
03-16-2008, 10:13 PM
I took my DD7 at the time onTT for the first time, she was so excited and was asking the CM at the loading area a 1000 questions

well as TT is known to do we had problems galore, we had no sound, we stopped a few times, but had no problems on the speed part

well we got to the end and the same CM was there and asked how she liked it, she told him about the problems, only because the other guest in the car were complaning before we got to unload and she heard them

so the CM told us all to stay seated, we got to go again without getting out, ride went uch better with only 1 stop, got to unloading and were told we were going again

went 3rd time and no problems.........

got done and my dd told teh cast memeber, Chris was his name, thank you very much, said she had a great time and told him to have a nice day, he told her to go to the picture area and ask for the say "Bob" who was the manager I guess, we did they gave her a free picture with frame and gave us 4 fastpasses

So on the way out we decided to use a fastpass and ride again, Brooke overheard a dad tell his son they would not be able to ride it that day since the line was to long, so she asked if we could give them our other 2 fastpasses, which I said she could, she walked over to them and said she had 2 extra fastpasses and asked if they would like to ride with us, they did,

Next day at AK, we saw the same family and they gave us fastpasses to ME, since then we haev become pen pals with the family and they will be going to WDW the same time a us in 2009 and are going to spend a day with us

PAY IT FORWARD

readytogo2
03-19-2008, 07:18 PM
yea that has happened to us we have had to wait in line for almost an hour bc it had broke down

pink
03-19-2008, 07:43 PM
I've been on Test Track 5+ times all on different trips and never once has it broke down on us! We must have been pretty lucky so far but I think I might have just jinxed myself! :mickey: