PDA

View Full Version : When to go?

TruePrincess
01-17-2008, 04:50 PM
I love going to Disney during off-peak times because I can't stand crowds. I'm currently planning a trip with my boyfriend but because of my school schedule (i'm a college student) we can't go when I want (January or September). I was thinking Oct. 18-21 because I have a short break. But now I want to go sooner b/c I'm so excited about it. We could go May 21-26th ish but I've never been to disney in late May and don't know how the crowds are. What would be better?

EJS-Houston
01-17-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm a big fan of the Fall. I've been there twice now in early November, and the crowds were quite small, the weather was picture postcard perfect every single day, we got off-season rates...there just was no down-side. Just be sure to avoid the holidays and the ABC Super Soap Weekend...but I highly recommend early November!

DDuck66
01-17-2008, 05:19 PM
We always go in May and October, but the latter parts of May start getting crowded as more schools let out for the summer. The dates in October might be better. Either way, as long as you have a good plan, the crowds should be manageable.
Also,
WELCOME to Intecot!!!

madi47
01-18-2008, 06:31 AM
I agree that if you plan your day even in crowds you can see most everything. I'm an early riser so I get up grap coffee for myself and husband. Wake everyone up and off we go. I had friends that went for the first time in August and thought that they could sleep until noon and still see everything:shake: I thought it was such a waste of time. So if you get up and start your day you will be fine.

TheFoo
01-18-2008, 10:24 AM
We usually go in late April/Early May and October, and we find the crowds to be quite manageable... :mickey:

Disney Doll
01-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Could you go in early Jan before the semester starts? I used to do that when I was still in school. Most colleges don't start until mid Jan.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-18-2008, 10:51 AM
October would probably be a little less crowded

May524
01-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Since you are a college student and depending when your finals are (mine were always the 1st week of December), an early December trip is great! We went right after Thanksgiving/beginning of December and we really enjoyed it! All the Christmas decor was up and it was a lot of fun, the crowds were fair.
What about early January before classes started? We went early January last year for our honeymoon and the crowds were VERY minimal!

TruePrincess
01-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Thank you for all your hope. It's not possible for us to go in January b/c I start really early, around the 3rd, for a winter term. Also, I'll be in Italy studying abroad next january. We've decided to go in May because I just can't wait. You think I could because I'm leaving in 10 days for a trip with my mom. I think if we get up early and plan right we'll be ok with the crowds.