PDA

View Full Version : Disney Studios on President's Day Monday and EMH???

oilergirl
01-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Hello! I'm in Canada so I don't know how busy your President's Day is but I do know it's a busier time at the park... does Magic Kingdom do anything extra for this day? I did hear that MK is very busy on that specific day so we are making plans to go to DS. However... there are EMH in the evening at DS so I was wondering if we should be going to Fantasmic that night or skip it and try another?

mouse-logic
01-17-2008, 05:46 PM
We went last year for President's day weekend. And, we're going again this year--first trip without the kids. It does tend to be crowded because it is one of the few school closing periods of the winter season.

I did not think the crowds were any worse than when we usually go in June. The only problems with crowds are the Evening EMH at EPCOT and the Studios. The teen crowd tends to be enormous at all the thrill rides.

We left on President's Day (gotta be back at work the next day) but I don't think there is any special celebration at MK. I think you would be fine to see Fantasmic if there is evening EMH at the Studios. There will probably be more than one show during this period and most of the EMH'ers will be in line for RnR an ToT.

See you there

oilergirl
01-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Great - thanks for replying. It's also nice to hear that the crowds won't be crazy busy. We had checked all the provinces up here and nobody else had a break except for us and then we saw about President's Day week and were worried it was going to be really bad. Anyhow - have a wonderful trip!!! The countdow is on!!! :party:

LoriSan
01-18-2008, 03:36 PM
I have never been there President's Day weekend before, but I will be there this year!!

oilergirl
01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Does anyone know if it's just the weekend/Monday that people have off or the whole week?

thetwins
01-21-2008, 07:52 PM
alot of kids do have that whole week off, at least from the West Coast. They call it ski week here, but we'll be hanging out at WDW! Not sure 'bout the East Coast.

mouse-logic
01-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know if it's just the weekend/Monday that people have off or the whole week?

Some people do come in on Saturday and stay the enitre week. Some schools apparently use this as a Winter Break.

But I think the busiest days will be Saturday-Monday