PDA

View Full Version : First And Only Full Day - Where To Go?

jakeybake
01-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi,

I will be staying at the Grand Flordian for a conference the first week of March. The only full day I will not have to be in meetings will be my first day, Monday, March 3rd.

I arrive in WDW at 10:00 and am giving myself an hour to get to GF via Magical Express and an hour to check in (though expect it to be less). That would put me at 12:00 and it will be off to a park. Since I'm at a conference I will not have Park Hoppers because I won't be able to take advantage of the multiple park option during the week.

My question is where folks think I should go, keeping in mind my one park per day passes. Since this will be my one full day I want to maximize my time as much as I can.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Jay

AwPhooey
01-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Here's how I'd rank the parks from most to least time needed/desired:

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Animal Kingdom
Studios

So, for the full (or almost full) day, I'd go to MK.

Volunteer
01-17-2008, 04:14 PM
another vote for MK :mickey:

mouse-logic
01-17-2008, 05:30 PM
MK. It's closest. It's the original. It's got the most to do (most variety of experiences).

Can you imagine telling people that you went to Disney and did not get to MK?

BouncingTigger
01-17-2008, 05:40 PM
For most people (including myself) I'd say MK is the best way to spend a full day. However, if you absolutely love World Showcase and spend a lot of time in the "countries," (eating, shopping, browsing, taking pictures, relaxing, etc.) you may want to choose Epcot. World Showcase probably won't take up your whole day, but it could take up a lot of it. Any extra time you could spend in Future World.

However, if you like fun rides and more Disney-focused attractions, definitely pick MK!

goin2disney
01-17-2008, 05:49 PM
I did immediately think of MK. :mickey: If I was travelling alone and had a day to myself I would hit World Showcase in Epcot. That is I assume you are travelling solo.

Duchess99
01-17-2008, 06:23 PM
My vote would be for MK as well. It's the full Disney experience...classic Walt attractions combined with new and exciting ones.
2nd pick would be for EPCOT, you would get on a lot of the attractions quickly as a single rider and the World Showcase would be nice to wonder around alone.
Have you been to WDW before? Is there something in particular you've been wanting to see?

Kerry823
01-17-2008, 06:48 PM
I would check the park hours and events for your specific date. There may be something going on that day that you may really want to see. Sync your decision with the park hours and events. Personally, Magic Kingdom is always our first park. Have fun!

NJ Camper
01-17-2008, 06:58 PM
ok first ? how much time are going to have on other days i'm also thinking about ak theyare only open til dark and if you will not have day time hours after your first day you may not get there but you have to get to mk i couldn't go to disney and not get there hope you have a great time and good luck with your decision any park is going to be a good one

jakeybake
01-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi,

Thanks for all your great responses. To answer a few questions.

Yes I will be traveling solo.
Yes I have been to WDW many times before (Stayed a week at the BC in August
Epcot is my favorite park
Each day my meetings will end around 2:00 so I will have from 2:00 p.m. on to visit the parks.

Thanks for the responses and keep them coming!

Jay

Meghan
01-18-2008, 12:23 AM
If you're going to have numerous other evenings to go to the parks, then I think you should go to Animal Kingdom on your first day. It usually closes at 5 or 6, so on any other day you won't get much use out of your ticket. Go to Animal Kingdom that first day, then the other parks in the evenings since they're be open quite a bit later.

madi47
01-18-2008, 06:24 AM
another vote for MK

MOJoe
01-18-2008, 01:06 PM
I have a question and a suggestion. First, why can't you add Park Hopping? Is your company buying a special ticket for you? Or do you think there is just not enough time to hop? Personally, i have found that given a limited amount of time, i can cover my favorites in each park by hopping around the world. So i would spring for the extra $45, and hop if possible.
Second, for some people, MK is not their favorite park, so if Epcot is your fave, then why not spend most of your time there?

JMTStone
01-18-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm with Meghan. Getting to AK at 2:30 and having it close at 5 or 6 doesn't give you enough time. If you like the park at all, go there, see the parade then catch the sites!

I'm very happy that you can spend later day times at MK, EPCOT, and HS.

Have fun!!!

dteed
01-18-2008, 01:55 PM
If it was me I would go to the Magic Kingdom.

Bri
01-18-2008, 01:58 PM
I was originally going to say MK but after you said that your meetings end at 2pm, I would have to say to do AK the first day. That way you can really experience everything. The other parks will be open until 8,9,10 PM so you will have much more time to do the other parks. Have fun!

DakandZakMom
01-18-2008, 03:35 PM
I would choose MK :mickey: for myself. But if EPCOT is your favorite then you should go there.

jakeybake
01-18-2008, 03:36 PM
To answer MoJoe's question, I am buying my own park tickets so I could easily go with the Park Hoppers but I feel like I won't use them since the earliest I would be at any individual park would be 2:30. Figure even if Epcot closes at 9:00 and MK closes at 8:00 it would be tough to get much out of a trip to both, though I could be wrong.

Thanks again for all the great responses and keep 'em coming!!

SBETigg
01-18-2008, 03:46 PM
I would also make it an Animal Kingdom day, but that depends on your personal preference and if you're a fan of that park. The MK will be the easiest to get to once your meetings are done on other days.

Hull-onian
01-19-2008, 05:42 PM
That is a tough one. If I were solo, I would go to EPCOT and World Showcase first day. This trip I have three kids, so MK is an absolute must. There is no wrong park to choose from, they are all great.:thumbsup:

Timekeeper
01-19-2008, 05:49 PM
My vote goes to MK since you would want to get the most of that park as you can. Animal Kingdom is more of a half day in the morning and done by noon. Epcot is another good choice if you are a fan of the countries.

I say Magic Kingdom! :mickey:

NJ Camper
01-19-2008, 06:09 PM
I would say the same as before being that you only have 1 full day unless you don't like AK that it would be the best choice like it has been said already with short hours it is the park i would pick if you wait til 2:00 or later to start going to AK you won't get much time to do any thing all other parks will be open later so a 2:00 start will not be as bad you can still get 6 hours or so depending on who has a late night hopefully you have a good trip and enjoy the time you have i'm sure it will be magical:mickey:

chick20679
01-20-2008, 08:13 AM
With no park hopper, I would vote for Epcot (since that's your favorite). :figment:

If you end up opting for a park hopper, then I would say Epcot and then hop to MGM for EMH that night. :smickey:

You'll be able to get to MK :dumbo: easily enough after your meetings, and the AK :monkey: has an evening EMH on Wednesday that week (assuming you'll still be there).

I always like to start off the trip at my favorite park (also Epcot), b/c that's what helps me feel like I'm really in WDW! :pixie:

That's my :twocents:

tjstrike
01-21-2008, 08:55 AM
MK is by far the best !! You need at least 1 full day there, if not 2 or 3.

LudwigVonDrake
01-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Magic Kingdom :tink: is my choice!

Have a great trip :wave: