PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movies

Tina3176
01-17-2008, 01:08 PM
My last trip was in 2005, and we stayed at Pop. This time I wanted to try out another resort, and I settled on Movies because I thought my kids would like the theming. I notice not much is said on here about that resort though.

Can y'all give me your thoughts and maybe some suggestions?

Itchy
01-17-2008, 01:24 PM
We have stayed at Movies and Sports and liked both. The Buses are the only problem since Movies are the last resort in the all stars section to be picked up sometime the wait can be a little longer that at Pop:(

My kids did enjoy the theming though.

We stayed in the Dalmations Section and it was real convenient to the food court and the main pool.

We would stay there again without any hesitation.:thumbsup:

Hope this helps:mickey:

robemcdo
01-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Very similar to PC, but not as big. If you like PC, then you will be quite content at ASMo. Busing can be an issue. You could find out which bus is first picked up, and choose that one.

CzepielCrew
01-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Me and my family just stayed there the week after Thanksgiving 2007. My 6 year olds loved it. We stayed in the Toy Story Section. Nice and close to center. It was quiet the week we were there, so we never had problems with the buses. I can see how it would be crazy if it were peak season. Nice people, good service. Stay away from the laudromat. Slow dryers and took up 3 hours one night.

Bethis26fan
01-17-2008, 02:29 PM
We were there the week after Thanksgiving to and we never had a problem with the buses either. We love it there we've stayed 2 times and it's going to be 3 this sept.

biodtl
01-17-2008, 02:39 PM
We were there in Oct 06 and we never had a problem with the buses (other than being crowded at park closing).

We were in Fantasia, which was very convenient to the buses, lobby and food court (pool, too, but it was closed at the time).

The CMs and MK were friendly and helpful, it was clean, and the kids really enjoyed the theming.

disneymom15
01-17-2008, 03:12 PM
We've stayed at all 4 values. Hands down, POP is our favorite, next would be Movies. Like others have stated, the buses are the only real problem. You should be happy with this resort.

BouncingTigger
01-17-2008, 03:33 PM
We were just there last week and stayed in a Dalmations room. I loved it since that is one of my fave Disney movies. As was said, the Dalmations building is close to the food court and pool. I had heard that ASMo can get really loud but we didn't hear much of anything in our room - I was so glad it was easy to sleep!

The buses weren't a big problem - on the way to the parks, we almost always got on the first bus (although we sometimes had to stand). On the way back to the hotel, however, the buses could be horrible (long wait) but that might be true for any resort.

Only problem - on some days, especially in the morning, there was a disgusting smell between the pool and the arcade/hall/food court. It was gross to smell that when we were on the way to get food - kind of hurt our appetites! Thankfully we couldn't smell it inside the food court. I don't know what it was - kind of smelled like poop (fertilizer maybe?).

JMTStone
01-17-2008, 04:43 PM
I liked the Movies! We stayed in Fantasia. I just LOVED the pool. The MK staff was great and we liked loading up at the food court before hitting the parks. Breakfast there is pretty darn good!

Tina3176
01-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Awesome! Thanks for all the replies. I am looking forward to it so much.

crltkcagle
01-17-2008, 10:12 PM
I loved it! We stayed there in the Toy Story section. My only complaint was the laundry facility. There weren't nearly enough washers and dryers. you had to wait in line to use them. i guess alot of people like to do laundry on a vacation. LOL but other than that it is a teriffic place to stay and my boys loved seeing the huge toys story figures!

:thumbsup: