PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Going Back Aways

Airblue1
01-17-2008, 12:17 PM
My friends family and I went to Disney World in 1992. At the time I was 16. We had a great time, however there are things that did not make sense to me such as: Did they have extra magic hours back then? I remember going through the Magic Kingdom at night like we owned the place. Also, We stayed in these tree houses. They were big tree like houses that where part of the resorts back then. Do they still have these?

WelshieLover
01-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't know whether they had extra magic hours back then, but the treehouses exist. They no longer are offered to the public. You can see them if you take the boat from Downtown Disney to Old Key West or Port Orleans. Last I heard they used them for overseas workers. They can't be updated for people with disabilities. The area looks so peaceful where they are located.

Ian
01-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Treehouses are still there, but as mentioned above no longer used for guests. I'm not really sure why ...

They did not have EMH back then, but the parks were routinely open MUCH later. This was before they used park hours as a club to get you to stay on property and actually kept the place open for guests to enjoy for (GASP!!) the regular price of admission!!