PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Villas

mjaclyn
01-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Is there anywhere in the Beach Club Villas where my family and I can watch the playoff game this Sunday other than our room? DH originally wanted to go to ESPN Zone but we're preparing ourselves for large crowds there and would like to have an alternative. I remember when we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas there was a separate room or building with boardgames, movies and (I think) a TV. Does BCV have something similar? If not, are there any other big screens at WDW besides ESPN where we can watch the game?
Thanks!

dlpmikki
01-17-2008, 02:43 AM
When we were there last year it was hard to find anywhere that wasn't watching the games! If Marthas Vineyard is still open that is a pleasant bar to watch in and another popular one was the Captains cup (by the Yachtsman Steakhouse).

BethieTink
01-17-2008, 08:11 AM
There is a huge tv in the Breezeway at the main building. Right around the corner from the store. I am sure you can put it on there, if needed. We watched several games in Martha's Vineyard in October and it was great. The bar at the Yacht Club is also a good suggestion. Big River at the Boardwalk could also work. Enjoy!!

GO PATS!!!!

florida girl
01-17-2008, 09:32 AM
There is also a restaurant/bar at Disney's Wide World of Sports that has big TV's. I would just call before you go that far to make sure they have the game. I would think they do, but we were there one time and all they had playing was ABC or ESPN stuff.

BelleCiavo
01-17-2008, 06:31 PM
The ESPN Zone is so much fun, we were there in 2004 for opening day of the NFL and there were games played between the patrons and the ESPN announcers. Someone was walking around with a mic so people could ask and answer questions. We got there around 11:30 AM and were seated fairly quickly, we didn't stay for the game though.

All that to say, I hope you give the ESPN Zone a try before you settle in somewhere else. :mickey:

Donald A
01-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Off the lobby, in the courtyard between the villas and main resort there is a "solarium" with a large TV. Perhaps you could watch the game there.

Mackflava99
01-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Yes if ESPN Zone is not an option-

Martha's Vinyard
Yacht Club
The Solarium-

ALSO there is a TV room with some nice seats in the first floor of the DVC wing- as you walk through the entrance, its on your right. it has some great seats-

OR- Try Shula's bar at the Dolphin- short walk

We have been to BC alot during World series and football, so i have been creative finding places.

MinnieMommie
01-21-2008, 08:39 PM
In the Solarium at the end of the long wide hallway that has chairs and love seats there is a large furnished room. This room has an incredibly large flat screen TV. If you can watch the game in this room it would be incredible. Also, there is a large room with a TV and couches in the vacation club area on the first floor. It is next to the DVC check in area. The doors are closed but the room is open and is comfortable. That too would be a nice place to watch the game. :mickey: