PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Air Coming to SA

thrillme
01-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Ok...I'm giddy with total excitement...I just read an article that Spirit Airlines is coming to San Antonio.

I admit I've been secretly ENVIOUS :thedolls: of those people who've managed to score some of those $20 tickets to Orlando. Now I'm hoping that I can be one of those chosen few.

For those that have flown Spirit...how is it? Do you join the "$9 member club" to get the REALLY good deals or do you just check them frequently?:confused:

Not2Loud
01-16-2008, 05:26 PM
I have enjoyed Spirit Airlines here in Atlanta. I have scored a number of those really cheap tickets. I did join the $9 Club, as it gives you access to the cheapest of cheap fares. They send out emails a couple of times per week with the great fares. Sometimes the days work for me, sometimes not.

Enjoy!

thrillme
01-17-2008, 11:56 AM
It looks like the $9 club comes out to $39 a year. If I'm a member of the $9 can I buy cheap tickets for my family traveling with me? Or would they ALL have to be members?

If I join I really should wait till they actually GET here in April.

ncscgirl2005
01-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Ok...I'm giddy with total excitement...I just read an article that Spirit Airlines is coming to San Antonio.

:offtopic:

I'd like to come to San Antonio too. Do you know where Tony Parker, Manu Ginoboli, and Tim Duncan live? Hey Hey Hey...don't give me that look.....I'm married too!

I'm just kidding. SA Spurs have been my favorite team for a couple of years now (it changes every so often) but I've never been there before. Always wanted to go though.

thrillme
01-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Actually I do know "basically" where some of them are (I think). It's not to far down the road from me but their subdivision is far far far away from my budget. SIGH...

It's a San Antonio rule to be a big Spurs supporter...We're really glad to have them. They're AWESOME contributers to the community and just all around nice guys. It's not unusual to see them in local resturants or businesses. They are all very family orientated.

Not2Loud
01-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Only you have to be a member for the $9 club.

ncscgirl2005
01-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Actually I do know "basically" where some of them are (I think). It's not to far down the road from me but their subdivision is far far far away from my budget. SIGH...

I can certainly agree with you on that one.

[/Quote] It's a San Antonio rule to be a big Spurs supporter...We're really glad to have them. They're AWESOME contributers to the community and just all around nice guys. It's not unusual to see them in local resturants or businesses. They are all very family orientated.[/QUOTE]

That's so cool. I would pass out if I saw them in McDonald's.

thrillme
01-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Only you have to be a member for the $9 club.

Cool...I'll probably wait till April to join. They're not officially here yet so they're not making many offers...I've just heard sooooo much about people really excited to get really GREAT fares.

And yes ma'me...ncscgirl2005...you can see the team members just about everywhere. Other than being really tall they blend in very well. I used to get my hair cut at the same place David Robinson did. Supposedly he was in there many times that I was...I never clicked because when he's sitting down with a "barber bib" he's a very regular guy.

Figgyluv03
01-23-2008, 06:59 PM
They are airing commercials here that Philly can now fly to SA for $119 one way!!! I thought that was a lot, but with the cost of fuel these days, you'll have to refi or take out a 2nd mortgage just to travel anywhere.

thrillme
01-24-2008, 05:11 PM
They are airing commercials here that Philly can now fly to SA for $119 one way!!! I thought that was a lot, but with the cost of fuel these days, you'll have to refi or take out a 2nd mortgage just to travel anywhere.

Whew...you're not kidding there. Right now the BIG bargin is flying from SA to Ft Lauderdale. I priced (just for grins) going from April 25-May 2 and I got a price of $32.50 ROUND TRIP...I have no reason to spend a week in Ft Lauderdale but right now that's the only bargin place to go.

I'm still going to hold positive because they're officially not here till April. I'm hoping there will be some killer deals going from Orlando and Vegas...I guess Atlantic City will be another one too (even though I'm not much of a gambler I do enjoy Vegas and many San Antonioians love gambling unfortunately we haven't quite made it to the gambling city yet).