PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania opening?

buzznwoodysmom
01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had heard of any more specific opening date for Toy Story Mania? The only thing I've read is "Spring 2008". Is there at least a specific month that the ride is exected to open?

Also, what about Block Party Bash at the studios? Anyone know of a date that is supposed to start? And while I am asking, does anyone know any dates for the opening of T-Rex at DTD?

broadway_chick72
01-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Have they started building this?

Disneyatic
01-16-2008, 05:38 PM
In the New/Rumours forum under the Tidbits thread there is info on the Block Party Bash and T-Rex opening. Actually I think the parade was a different one now that I think about it, but I know it talked about T-Rex and I think the opening was around Nov 2008.
I can't remember the exact info but I know I read about it! I don't know how to link to a thread so I can't direct you there.

DisFan01
01-16-2008, 05:42 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had heard of any more specific opening date for Toy Story Mania? The only thing I've read is "Spring 2008". Is there at least a specific month that the ride is exected to open?

Also, what about Block Party Bash at the studios? Anyone know of a date that is supposed to start? And while I am asking, does anyone know any dates for the opening of T-Rex at DTD?

I've eard that is is to open in Summer 2008, but nothing more specific has been released yet. As for Block Party Bash, it is said to open Spring 2008. And the T-Rex at DTD...I don't know about. If there was a link, I don't know where it is.

Have they started building this?

Yes, I'm pretty sure they have started working on all these things.

broadway_chick72
01-16-2008, 05:52 PM
This is from WDWNews.com:

Toys are back in town as Disney Parks unwraps Toy Story Mania!

Summer 2008 brings the opening of Toy Story Mania! a cutting-edge and interactive ride-through attraction that combines the fun of a video game, whiz-bang 3-D technology and interaction with favorite Disney-Pixar stars. Set to bow at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, Toy Story Mania! adds to the fun on both coasts. (Exact opening dates will be announced at a later date.)

Guests board colorful ride vehicles to see who can rack up the most points playing -- actually being in -- midway-style games.

Toy Story Mania! matches the delightful Disney-Pixar characters with games that best suit their very animated personalities -- and Walt Disney World Resort puts Disney's Hollywood Studios guests in the middle of the action. Sporting 3-D glasses, they twist and turn along a colorful midway-themed route.

At each game booth, they aim for animated targets using their own special onboard spring-action shooter. The attraction features games that audiences of all ages and skill levels -- from beginner to serious gamer -- can enjoy. Players pair up and sit side-by-side for a friendly competition that delivers an ever-changing variety of targets and surprises

Hope that helps. I know nothing of Block Party.

WDWfanatic742
01-16-2008, 05:56 PM
They have had the Pixar Land or at least that street of it blocked off to people for at least a couple month's now. There have been pictures taken inside of TSM as well. Whether they were taken from DCA or DHS version remains to be seen, but both are fairly on track with one another.