PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions-Busiest/Best Days? GO with/against EMH?

RoosMomKanga
01-16-2008, 02:50 PM
:confused:Trying to plan itinerary for our last minute trip Feb. 10-12 and need your thoughts. We have 3D PHP (no DP, onsite so EMH is good) and will be at the parks all day Sun & Mon, and Tues until about 3pm. We're without the kids so we're skipping parades, character stops, and musical shows we've already seen. We don't have a long list to do at AK or MGM, we LOVE EC WS and dinners there, and we want to do all rides at MK, but nothing else.

We're morning people, so starting at 9am seems really late...is the thinking still the same this time of year that you go to am EMH then park hop when it gets busy? What happens to the Park with late EMH-is it busy in the am? I found some lists of "Busy" days but is there a list of "Best"?

Tell me what you think, THANKS!
Sun
-am-Until late afternoon: Like to start our trip with going to MK, but that's listed as a busy day and EMH are there that night from 11pm-2am (but we won't make it that late-we'll be at PI the night before). I know that the P&P Party is there the night before (Sat.-would that make it less busy on a Sun?); also the Cheerleader Conf. is at Disney through this day (I wonder which parks they mob?). Is MK a bad choice for the am?
-Eve-Close: EC + dinner there

Mon
-EMH-lunch: AK (EMH 8-9am)
-pm-close: Studios- (closes at 7) Is it worth trying to go to another park that closes at 9pm after this? Is there enough time to get to WS for a late dinner (how late are last seatings?)? Or should I be doing Studios on a morning since it closes so early?

Tues
-EMH-until 3pm: EC (EMH 8-9)

wire0monkey
01-16-2008, 03:19 PM
One of the unofficial guidebooks has a best day list.

I hear arguments in favor and against EMH. I say skip the morning EMH, in favor of another park. I use the evening hours, though, usually park hopping to the park with EMH as an "extra day," rather than as a planned day at the park.

MOJoe
01-16-2008, 05:18 PM
A lot of people who plan on going to Evening EMH are park hoppers who start their day at a different park. Of those who don't hop, many use the late hours as an excuse not to be at the park for opening time. So i would go ahead and go to MK on Sunday.
On Monday, since the Studios closes at 7:00, that may discourage people, and keep them at other parks. So this may be a good choice. But if you are planning to hop elsewhere, i wouldn't wait till the park is about to close. Instead, if eating at Epcot, i would eat early enough to see Illuminations.