PDA

View Full Version : We could use some spare pixie dust...

BrerGnat
01-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any spare pixie dust to throw our way, I'd appreciate it.

DH is set to deploy to Iraq the first week of February for 13 months.

Yesterday, he got word that he may be reassigned to another battery that needs a commanding officer. If he is reassigned, he will NOT go to Iraq next month! :D Instead, he'll stay here until the summer, then go to Okinawa, Japan with the battery in July of this year for only 7 months (a MUCH better situation for all of us).

We should know for sure where he is going to go by the end of the week, but I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate the collective happy thoughts and positive vibes of the Intercot community, directed at the leaders of the Headquarters of the unit my husband is attached to. Hopefully, they'll decide it is in their best interest to NOT send my DH to Iraq. :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance! I'll keep you posted.

MsMin
01-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Sending loads of :pixie: While I know many have to go we don't want to see our friends and loves one be the ones :( Japan sounds so much more exciting. Please let us know, I'll put him in my prayers too...

offwego
01-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Good vibes headed your way..no matter which outcome it is I can't even begin to imagine the stress.

Hope it all works out as well as it can for you and your family.

IloveJack
01-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Here's hoping things will all work out for the best for your family! My brother-in-law and his family of 5 just moved back from Germany last Christmas, after a 3 year deployment, and then this Christmas he surprised us by letting us know there were plans in motion to send them back. I have a niece and 2 nephews whom I barely know due to all of this. I can't imagine it being my husband! Let us know how it works out.

tinklover
01-16-2008, 01:15 PM
sending prayers and :pixie: pixie dust to you and your family from Salisbury,Md

bleukarma
01-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Here is some pixie dust in hopes that it all works out! :pixie:

laprana
01-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Sending lots and lots of :pixie: your way that everything will work out and that your husband is safe wherever he ends up! Many, many thanks to your husband and to you for his service!!

Momof2boys
01-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Here's plenty of :pixie: for your family and hoping that you guys get what you're hoping for.

CleveSJM
01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
:fingers::pixie::pixie::pixie::fingers:

Good luck, best wishes and most of all Thank him (your whole family) for his service protecting us all.

buzznwoodysmom
01-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Here is tons of :pixie::pixie::pixie: and prayers for you, your DH and your family. I truly hope that things work our for you and your DH doesn't have to go to Iraq. My DH is not scheduled to have to go back to Iraq until at least 2010, but the way time has been flying it will be here before we know it. I know exactly how you feel right now. I hope nothing more than for your DH to not have to go. Good luck with everything!

RoosMomKanga
01-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Here's my :pixie:! My DH was born on an Army base in Japan...wishing you the best and thank your DH for serving!

RedheadWriter
01-16-2008, 01:51 PM
sending loads and loads of :pixie:!!!!

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Here's :pixie: some :pixie: good :pixie: luck :pixie: pixie :pixie: dust :pixie:. :flag: Thanks to your DH for serving!

mickey&missy
01-16-2008, 02:40 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:
Tons of pixie dust, prayers and positive thoughts that your DH gets to go Japan, not Iraq.

Please let us know what happens.

Good luck!

DisneyDudet
01-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Here's some :pixie: for you and your husband. I sure do hope they need your husband in Japan!

If he does go to Japan, you can go with him and visit Mel!!!!

RedSoxFan
01-16-2008, 02:54 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:Sending some NY pixie dust your way.

kakn7294
01-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Here's some :pixie: that he gets sent to Japan instead! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Ian
01-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Okinawa??!! You could keep Mel company and spend all day at Tokyo Disneyland! How cool would that be???

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Hope that helps!

TXTigger
01-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Tons of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: from the wife of a currently deployed DH in Iraq. Japan for 7 months sounds sooooo much better. (And what a great excuse to go to Disneyland Tokyo:mickey:) Good luck and keep us updated.

vicster
01-16-2008, 03:18 PM
As a former "military brat" I hope your husband gets Japan. My father was in Viet Nam for a year so I do know what you and your family are going through.

Many thanks to your husband for his service!!!

crazypoohbear
01-16-2008, 03:39 PM
I hope and pray that your husband does not get deployed to Iraq and is instead sent to Okinawa. As I have posted before to Mel, I absolutely LOVED Okinawa when I lived there many years ago. IT was the best time I had as a military brat!:yay:
Sending tons of pixie dust and prayers.
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

BrerGnat
01-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Just to clarify, I would not get to move to Japan, just my DH. It would be a 7 month training deployment, not a change of station for us, and spouses/family are not authorized to go.

No biggie though! I would MUCH rather send him there than Iraq. It would be better for his career too.

I already told him that if he goes to Okinawa, I'm DEFINITELY flying out there, even if it's just for a weekend, to visit Tokyo Disneyland!!! :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
01-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Tons of :pixie: headed your way!

ElenitaB
01-16-2008, 04:10 PM
:pixie: for you and your DH, Natalie! I hope that things go the way you want.

January-2007
01-16-2008, 08:14 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Kairi_7378
01-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Pixie dust and prayers to you, your DH, and your family.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Lots and lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: for you, your DH, and your family. I was a military brat and my father served in the first Gulf War, so I know how scary those deployments can be. I hope it works out the way you want it to!

mrsgaribaldi
01-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Loads more :pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.