PDA

View Full Version : If not LeCellier then where?

MOJoe
01-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I've got one more dinner to plan for a day at Epcot. LECellier is booked, and i have Coral Reef scheduled for another evening. So where else does a well informed Intercot Dad take his family? What are your "other" favorites?

Tygger7
01-16-2008, 12:40 PM
We've been to San Angel Inn (Mexico) and loved it. We're going to Rose & Crown this summer because I've heard so many great things about it...and we can watch Illuminations while we eat. :cloud9:

One more suggestion...I know it's not Epcot, but Beaches & Cream is really close (at the Boardwalk) and you don't need reservations. Trust me, your kids will love you forever if you treat them to the "Kitchen Sink". :party:

RoosMomKanga
01-16-2008, 12:42 PM
We do Teppenaki (Japan) now every trip...we all love the food and the kids love the cooking show!:thumbsup:

WelshieLover
01-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Another great idea, is to walk over to either the Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club or Swan & Dolphin. There are so may good places to eat over there.

01-16-2008, 01:08 PM
We love the Biergarten in Germany. The buffet is very good. They also put on a show and play music and encourage everyone to get up and dance, especially the kids. It was great fun!

Jeff
01-16-2008, 01:19 PM
We have done most of the WS restraunts. After Le Cellier our favorites are:
1. Marakesh - great food
2. Rose and Crown - love the fish.
3. San Angel Inn - pretty good
4. The rest we won't visit again.

mrp4352
01-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Another Rose & Crown vote here - although I wouldn't try for the Illuminations seating. Maybe it was just our table, but the roof overhead cut off our line of sight upwards and the music wasn't piped directly into the seating area, so you heard a weird echo-y version of the music bouncing around across the lagoon.

I would recommend an early dinner (definitely include the cheese plate appetizer and the beer flight), and head out for Illuminations seating elsewhere.

Beaches & Cream is really, really good. And we like the Big River Grill on the Boardwalk - their micro-brewery is fantastic!

SignguyTom
01-16-2008, 02:03 PM
...And we like the Big River Grill on the Boardwalk - their micro-brewery is fantastic!

Absolutely!! They do a pretty good steak, too. The menu has lots of different choices - everyone should find something they like.

If the weather is nice, they have seating on the Boardwalk.:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Another vote for Rose & Crown. :mickey:

It is one of our favourites; we've had dinner during illuminations, and lunch on another trip. Both times the food and service were excellent!

We've book R&C again, it has become a must do for us.

wendy*darling
01-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Really, you can't go wrong anywhere in the area- World Showcase or the Epcot resorts.

If you want a buffet- the Cape May Clam Bake at the Beach Club is really good.

We like the Biergarten in Germany (buffet + oompah band = fun) and Marrakesh in Morocco (:thumbsup:belly dancer).

Depending on the ages of your children, we like Chefs de France- but that's a more subdued "nice" restaurant.

Japan's Teppan Edo is fun- chefs cook on the hibachi table in front of you- lots of fancy knife work! ;)

You still have plenty of excellent choices. We like LeCellier, but it is hardly the "be all and end all" of WDW dining.
Don't worry- you will still have a magical meal! :mickey:

Natazu
01-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Marrakesh, no contest. amazing food and free belly dancing lessons for the kids.

Kids usually like Biergarten as well and the food is pretty good.

Donald A
01-16-2008, 08:32 PM
I enjoyed Garden Grill last week with my family. It is at the Land at EPCOT. The characters there were funny and we got a lot of good pics. It is family style food so the menu is pretty much set at a catfish starter. A salad, turkey, pot roast, and au gratin potatoes. You get an apple cobbler dessert. Mickey, Pluto, and Chip were there at this slowly rotating restaurant.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Biergarten or Marrakesh

lockedoutlogic
01-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Chefs de France is probably the best in EPCOT....le cellier included

Coral Reef is very good...usually...Le Cellier is very good....but steak and therefore "comfort Food"

I personally enjoy all the locations except Akershus and Nine Dragons....but i believe Chefs de France provides the most by means of quality, menu selection, and culture

my two pennies on the subject

MOJoe
01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks for all the opinions. At one time or another, i have tried most WS restaurants. But i value the suggestions i read here, so i wanted to hear from you.
Just so you know... my boys and i like Marrakesh,:blush: but my wife seems to think that it is not the food we are there for.:mad: So we might try R&C or skip over to Beaches and Cream. Thanks again. See ya in April.

bigbabyblues
01-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Teppan Edo

Hull-onian
01-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Teppen Edo, you can't go wrong.

AdventurerKim
01-19-2008, 04:57 PM
San Angel Inn and Les Chefs de France are our other favs besides Le Cellier. Also, Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club is a great buffet! :mickey:

texasteacher
01-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Rose and Crown or Garden Grill