PDA

View Full Version : Best Table Service Restaurants?

Bri
01-16-2008, 12:28 PM
We aren't going to Disney until December but I'm looking at TS restaurants. We always do Teppenyakki Dining Room. We are also looking at Le Cellier, Spoodles, and a breakfast buffet. We still have 3 more TS to use up. I am not a particulary adventurous eater. We don't have a problem going to a 2 TS restaurant. Some of the places we have already been to are: Capn' Jacks, Alfredo's (I know it's something new now), Cali Grill, Tony's Town Square, Mama Melrose, Coral Reef. What would you suggest and why? Thanks!

MickeyChick
01-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Teppanyaki is now Teppan Edo.

Just so you know!

:)

tennantsrwe
01-16-2008, 12:51 PM
We tried Whispering Canyon Cafe this past December and it was GREAT! The resturant is located off the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge, which has a beautiful and big Christmas tree. The service was great, our server was Prairie Dawn Grasskirt...lol. And the atmosphere was fun, but not too loud. The highlite was the food. Everything our entire party ordered, and there were 8 of us...all ordering different things...was DELICIOUS! My fav. thing was the Banana Dust Bowl ..:cloud9: It's THAT good! I think this is a must try, at least once. Although I will say we are going back in Jan 09 and may even eat here twice in one trip. Also, Liberty Tree Tavern in MK is good. It's served family style and it's all you can eat. Traditional "Thanksgiving" style food and it's a character dining experience at dinner, but I think lunch is just regular dining...no characters. (You can see the menu in Info Central.) My final suggesstion would be Boma at AK Lodge. It's a buffet and they, too, have a great variety of both American and African cuisine. It's nice if you want to sample more ethnic dishes. Also, the dessert bar is great! Hope these help....have a great trip!

WelshieLover
01-16-2008, 12:53 PM
We like the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. We have never made ADRs, have gotten seated quickly and always had a great meal. It is easy to get to from the MK for a quick lunch or even dinner.

Donald Duck Fan
01-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Our 2 favorite restaurants in Disney are
1) Biergerten in Germany. Athentic Germany food in a buffett style. Soooooooooo goooooood. :thumbsup: We go there atleast twice every visit.
2) The Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge Resort. This is a signature meal which counts as 2 TS per person but in my opinion well worth it. I recommend the Buffalo if you go.

My favorite place to eat, however is not on any of the dinning plans, is Fultons Crab House in Downtown Disney. Plain and simple great seafood period.

Have fun and enjoy the food where ever you decide to go.

Duchess99
01-16-2008, 01:15 PM
California Grill at the Contemporary is one of my favorites...the pork tenderloin entree is to die for! It is a 2 TS restaurant though.
I would also recommend Raglan Road in DD, Jiko at AKL (also at 2 TS), Spoodles at BW & Ohana at Poly.

lockedoutlogic
01-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Jiko and Citricos are the best table service restaurants not named "Victoria and Alberts"

Artist's point, Cali grill, Brown Derby, Chefs de France would all get honorable mentions for me as well.

robemcdo
01-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Le Cellier is top-notch. We've been there several times and never been disappointed.

Coral Reef was very good as well.

We had lost faith in the Italian restaurant at Epcot, but it changed hands and we haven't visited since it changed.

Mackflava99
01-16-2008, 01:44 PM
We really like Whispering Canyon-
Cape may is good too-

We always go to Boatwrighs too-

Polynesian Dweller
01-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Another excellent place is Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. Excellent food with a view of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom for Wishes. Not as well known as some others but top quality.:number1:

Anborn
01-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Chefs de France gets big thumbs up. Never had anything bad there.

bob6572
01-16-2008, 02:21 PM
For a breakfast buffett try the Cape May at the beach club if you are staying in that area. The food was a good variety of breakfast staples as well as some Disnified speialties plus there were characters there as well.

SurferStitch
01-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Another excellent place is Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. Excellent food with a view of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom for Wishes. Not as well known as some others but top quality.:number1:

Narcoossee's is our favorite TS!!! (Okay, after V&A, but come on). The food is upscale and amazing, but still great for those who are not adventurous. So, so, sooooooo worth 2 TS credits! :cloud9:

You may think it's not well known....but it's always packed, and ADR's fill up pretty quickly.

The best breakfast buffet we've ever had was at Donald's Safari Breakfast (Tusker House) in AK. The food is wonderful, and there are plenty of interesting items to choose from.

IrishFamily
01-16-2008, 02:26 PM
I second Narcooses and Citricos. In general, go for RESORT table service restaurants instead of those inside the Theme parks. They are always better...perhaps because they are not needing to seat and turn over so many guests in an evening?

Twinsowner
01-16-2008, 02:40 PM
We will take Narcoossees over Citricos any day. Much quieter atmosphere and larger portions of really awesome food!!! Will be on our list every trip!!

Bri
01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for all of the great suggestions! Here is what I'm thinking: Teppen Edo, Le Cellier, Spoodles, Boma (Breakfast), Kona Cafe (Lunch), Donalds Breakfast Safari. Did someone say that Donald's Breakfast Safari is 2TS? That would be perfect cause then all of our TS will be used up!

SurferStitch
01-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Donald's is only 1 TS. You're better off booking a 2 TS dinner, and paying OOP for Donald's.

Natazu
01-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks for all of the great suggestions! Here is what I'm thinking: Teppen Edo, Le Cellier, Spoodles, Boma (Breakfast), Kona Cafe (Lunch), Donalds Breakfast Safari. Did someone say that Donald's Breakfast Safari is 2TS? That would be perfect cause then all of our TS will be used up!
I think Donald's is one.
Here's a link to some good recent info from members about TS restaurants. Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=121473)
How about trying Flying FIsh or Citricos for a real treat with your extra TS credits, maybe Narcoossee's?

MickeyMousse
01-16-2008, 07:01 PM
The Yachtsman Steakhouse at YC! :thumbsup: Excellent food and service.

rj
01-16-2008, 11:02 PM
3 great ones to try:

Artist Point
Ohana
Flying Fish

Also, Kona Cafe

We will be going to all 4 again in a few weeks.

Jared
01-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Teppan Edo, a similar restaurant offering hibachi dining, replaced Teppanyaki Dining Rooms a few months ago. If you search the forum, you will find a bunch of reviews of the new eatery.

Anyway, I strongly recommend 'Ohana and Kona Cafe in the Polynesian, Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club.

:tasty:

irish1967
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Kona Cafe - never had a bad meal or poor service there. Love the atmosphere of the Poly.

Brown Derby - the best meal I have had anywhere on Disney property (2TS)

Yachtsman Steakhouse - very close to Brown Derby - in fact, until I ate at the Brown Derby for the first time on Monday evening - this was my favorite WDW restaurant. (2TS - I think)

By the way, I was decidedly underwhelmed by LeCellier. It wasn't "bad" per se, but I definitely fall under the category of Intercotees that don't get what the rave reviews are all about.

Have a great trip!

dolphinmickey9170
01-18-2008, 06:25 PM
We aren't going to Disney until December but I'm looking at TS restaurants. We always do Teppenyakki Dining Room. We are also looking at Le Cellier, Spoodles, and a breakfast buffet. We still have 3 more TS to use up. I am not a particulary adventurous eater. We don't have a problem going to a 2 TS restaurant. Some of the places we have already been to are: Capn' Jacks, Alfredo's (I know it's something new now), Cali Grill, Tony's Town Square, Mama Melrose, Coral Reef. What would you suggest and why? Thanks!
May I suggest O'Hana for dinner. It is really good food, and a fun atmosphere. Love the wings. Also, how about The Plaza Restaurant, great food here too. The strawberry salad is so huge, and yummy!!