PDA

View Full Version : Best Breakfast Buffet?

Bri
01-16-2008, 11:35 AM
We are going in December and we have the DDP. We definatly won't use all of our table services on dinners. We like to do one buffet breakfast. We LOVE breakfast and have done the Character breakfasts at Cape May Cafe and 1900 Park Fare. Where is your favorite buffet style breakfast? Thanks!

JPL
01-16-2008, 11:46 AM
I would suggest trying Boma they have all the standard "safe" Breakfast fare as well as some more exotic dishes with an African flair :eat:

ibrowse17
01-16-2008, 12:00 PM
We really enjoy eating at Trail's End at FW, and breakfast there most of all:thumbsup:

rjmdds
01-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Gotta love Crystal Palace. It is a grrrrreat way to start the day in a great setting. The food is excellent.

01-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I agree with the previous poster. Crystal Palace has a great character breakfast buffet. Winnie the Pooh & Tigger parade around and the kids are encouraged to parade with them. Also try to get an early adr to get into the park before park opening. You can get wonderful pictures on Main Street & in front of the castle with no crowds in the background. Chef Mickey's at Contemporary and O'Hana's at Poly are other great buffets.

senderella
01-16-2008, 12:59 PM
We love Donald's Breakfastsaurus at Animal Kingdom. I believe Donald, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto make the rounds. The food is great and plentiful. We always try to make reservations an hour before the park opens. When we are finished, the park is open and we are already in Dinoland.

Laura670
01-16-2008, 01:04 PM
We were at Disney in December we did Boma and the new Donalds Breakfast Safari in Animal Kingdom both were great! :mickey:

Bri
01-16-2008, 01:25 PM
thanks for all of the suggestions. i think we will do boma cause we are staying at the AKL and we can sleep in a bit that morning! thanks again!

Josepi
01-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Boma is great. The food is real good and the atmosphere and open air feeling can't be beat.
Josepi

Hayden's Dad
01-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Donald's Safari Breakfast at the Tusker House was really good.
Chef Mickey's
and we really enjoyed Cinderella's Royal Table.

wire0monkey
01-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I really like Cape May Cafe and Boma because they're a little quieter in the morning than Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace. I need that before I've had my caffiene.

#1donaldfan
01-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Donald's in AK, best IMHO....but it's changed since June, what's the new name and location???? We did it first thing, then after eating CM's walked us straight to EE as the first riders in the first car.....my kids (and me) thought that was the coolest ever !!!!!!

Mackflava99
01-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I have ben to Cape may, Breakfastsaurus and Chez Mickey- Here are my comments-

Cape May - Pleant of variety, healthy and non-healthy foods, excellent quality, large volume and quick replenishment. The Characters wait for you to be seated and are very accessible. Service was great too. One day minnie sat with us and helped coax one of my children to eat. She was so patient and helpful. She wasn't rushed and it totally made my daughters Minnie lovers.

Breakfastsaurus - Good variety, more fried items than healthy, and some very tasty items, including great donuts...Volume not as much and the food tended to run out more often. Good Character selection, but the times were short and they were rushed. Service was very good

Chez Mickey- Food selection was not as good as i expected, some great items like breakfast pizza, but the variety wasn't as high as the others. Characters were good, but again rushed too much and spread thin. Service was not good.

SUMMARY- All are good choices- Cape May is by far the best- for Food, Variety and character interaction.
And remember its a short walk- (10-15 min) from Epcot- so you can walk off the food too :)

vamaggie
01-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Don't know if you have kids going with you but we did the Play & Dine at H&V breakfast with JoJo & Goliath and the Little Einsteins. It was really fun. The food was standard breakfast buffet stuff but they seemed to really attend to the buffet and refill/replace often. The characters came one by one to the tables and spent a good amt of time with us. They also had other "leaders" who got the kids up and dancing with characters. We got an ADR for 8:10 and MGM did not open til 9. Gave us a lot of time for pics on the street and a good leisurely b'fast.

DisneyorBust
01-16-2008, 06:08 PM
May I suggest trying Crystal Palace? We love to be able to get into the Magic Kingdom prior to opening and getting lots of great park photos.
Oh... the food and character interaction at Crystal Palace is pretty good too!:D

Natazu
01-16-2008, 06:40 PM
I think the best breakfast buffet is Boma. For characters, Chef Mickey's. Truth is though, breakfast buffets aren't a very good use for DDP credits. They are much better spent on more expensive meals, just FYI.

Bri
01-17-2008, 11:36 AM
i agree that breakfast buffets aren't a great use of the TS meals but we have a hard time finding 6 or 7 dinner places to eat. mostly because when you book a dinner reservation, sometimes it requires leaving the park you're at and going to another park/hotel. or sometimes you have to go back to your hotel to freshen up and change and that just takes so much time to do. at least with breakfast you get it done in the morning and have the rest of the day to do whatever and not be rushed. thanks for all of the great suggestions!

Natazu
01-17-2008, 08:44 PM
i agree that breakfast buffets aren't a great use of the TS meals but we have a hard time finding 6 or 7 dinner places to eat. mostly because when you book a dinner reservation, sometimes it requires leaving the park you're at and going to another park/hotel. or sometimes you have to go back to your hotel to freshen up and change and that just takes so much time to do. at least with breakfast you get it done in the morning and have the rest of the day to do whatever and not be rushed. thanks for all of the great suggestions!
No worries. I just wanted to make sure you had all the information to get the best value out of the DDP.

dolphinmickey9170
01-17-2008, 08:57 PM
We really loved the Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's and O'Hana's!! I know this isn't a buffet, buy Kona has some awesome Tonga Toast that is delicious. Why not try there? We paid OOP for that meal and still had enough TS credits for the entire trip. I think for the 3 of us with a meal, coffee and juice with tax and tip was under $45. Something to think about. We surely didn't leave hungry. There is also this huge breakfast platter, my DH couldn't even finish because it was so much food. Give it a thought, check out the Kona menu. :eat::tasty: Also, I must recommend Cinderella's Royal Table. Their stuffed french toast is a never ending feast of loveliness!! We loved BOMA too!! YUMMY!!!

Have a fun trip!

Bri
01-17-2008, 09:05 PM
thanks for looking about for me jym!

madi47
01-18-2008, 06:13 AM
Crystal Palace, Donald Breakfast, and Chef Mickeys are all great choices.:thumbsup:

BigRedDad
01-18-2008, 08:08 AM
We have done Donald's Breakfastsaurus and CP. CP is great if the characters make it to your table. Last time we were at CP was our Honeymoon after 9/11. We were seated right after the characters went by our table. It was not super crowded. It took 75 minutes for them to get back. I am guessing because we had no kids, the total time with characters was only 3 minutes. We barely got any pictures. The next day, we thought AK opened early, but it changed. We were standing outside with over an hour for the park to open. A CM asked if we wanted to go to DB. Since we had nothing else to do, we went. It was a smaller setting, less crowded, great breakfast. There was a character at your table about every 4-5 minutes. We had the most interaction ever with the characters and were pretty much never without a character right by. To me, that was the best character meal we ever had.

I am hoping the Tusker House is similar to DB. We are also going to O'Hana's for breakfast since our DD2 wakes up and asks for Lilo and Stitch every morning. Thank goodness they are on from 5AM-6AM (and DVR).

azdisneymom
01-19-2008, 08:05 PM
You mean there are more places to get a breakfast buffet than just BOMA? No characters but it is my favorite.

moe513
01-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Crystal palace has a great breakfast and dinner.

wdwfansince75
01-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Over the years, we have done breakfast at Chef Mickey's, Ohana, 1900 Park Fair, Crystal Palace, Trails End, and Breakfastasaurus. All were great. Of course, good as it is, Trails End is not a character meal. And at its lower price, I would advise paying oop, rather than using a sit down meal credit on the DDP.

We hope that Donald's Safari Breakfast is as good as Breakfastasaurus, as we plan to do that in June. My favorite has been 1900 Park Fair for the quality of the food, but any of them are great.

I am a morning person trapped in a life long love affair with a night owl. Our breakfast typically are a late morning rendezvous. I rise early, and slip out before she wakes. I usually round up a few of the grandkids, hit a park, usually MK, for an hour or so, than go to meet DW and the later risers for breakfast.

HndrdPrcnt
01-19-2008, 11:30 PM
We did the Crystal Palace and made the first reservations of the morning. We were the 2nd car in the parking lot and got over to MK. We were waiting to get let back to Crystal Palace when we were approached and asked to be the honorary Family of the Day to help Mickey & Friends open the Magic Kingdom in the opening ceremony. It was the most amazing day of our entire trip and then when we were all finished up with our Family of the Day responsibilities, Crystal Palace had a table ready for us. The character interaction was great and the food was quite yummy (might I suggest the puffed french toast??!!??!!) While we had to give up the opportunity to get some pictures in front of the castle with no one in the background, the pictures and the experience we got as Family of the Day was AMAZING and something our family will never forget!!

DANAM
01-21-2008, 11:20 AM
I would have said Restaurantosaurus in AK but since they are closed I would go with Hollywood and Vine in MHS or MGM whatever. They have a very good selection more than just bacon and eggs. I am not a real breakfast eater and I loved this place. We have also done Ohana's a couple of time before and loved it but last time we went service was not so great.