PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Experience Tip

eeyoremom
01-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Has anyone used the DDE since the new year? Are they now adding the 18% tip on every bill? What about at the food courts that do accept the discount card? (All Stars, POP, POFQ) We're still wondering if it's worth getting now. Thanks

lockedoutlogic
01-16-2008, 10:03 AM
I don't believe they are adding a mandatory tip...I think they are putting a 15% and 20% number on the bill as a guideline for those who want to use it....

Also, the dining experience is only good at quickserve locations where there is no sitdown....which equals allstars and pop century....other than that it's good at table service locations.

IT would be worth it if you do any drinks and plan on using appetizers....other than that it probably wouldn't yield face value back to you.

gardenia
01-16-2008, 11:05 AM
We used our DDE card the first week of January. Yes, they add an 18% tip. At only one restaurant the tip didn't appear on the bill and I asked about it, and the waitress said she just forgot to "push that button" to add the tip, so I had her re-do it. So if it isn't on the bill, it's because the CMs are also adjusting to all the changes (DDE and DDP) and they forgot to add it.

We didn't eat at any eligible counter service places, but here is the offical DDE policy that was emailed to me:

"When using your Disney Dining Experience membership card the assessed gratuity will be added to all table service restaurant locations and lounges for all transactions regardless of party size. Gratuity will not be added to any counter service, food cart or quick service locations."

gardenia
01-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Also meant to say, it's still worth it. For us it saved between $15 - $20 per TS, and we had 8 TS meals on our last trip, that's at least $120. The card cost $65 and we go to WDW about 5 times a year (Florida residents), so annually we're talking about $600. You can do your own math based on the number of TS meals you'd have over a year's time. The only way it would not be worth it is if you normally don't tip at all, and I don't know anyone who does that!

houseofmouse103
01-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Also meant to say, it's still worth it. For us it saved between $15 - $20 per TS, and we had 8 TS meals on our last trip, that's at least $120. The card cost $65 and we go to WDW about 5 times a year (Florida residents), so annually we're talking about $600. You can do your own math based on the number of TS meals you'd have over a year's time. The only way it would not be worth it is if you normally don't tip at all, and I don't know anyone who does that!

Yep, it's definitely worth it. We got our DDE last October & it paid for itself over a long weekend trip with the 3 of us eating breakfast & one dinner at the food court at ASM and lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. Last trip we paid $75 less on food during the week than if we would've purchased the DDP. And that included some desserts, some snacks & an occasional :beer: with dinner. Oh and tips! It included tips, so really we saved more like $200! And we ate at Coral Reef, Tony's, Chefs de la France, Spoodles & the Plaza (being the cheapest).

SteveL
01-16-2008, 05:52 PM
We usede DDE at the POR food court. No problem.

Natazu
01-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Gardenia is correct. DDE users are assessed an 18% "gratuity" whenever they use their card at a TS or Lounge. You should not be charged at a location where there is no server present like AS:M or PoR food courts. I'm not sure if AK CS will continue to accept DDE since there is a TS location now.